Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Drew Brees rank all-time? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brees is a reach to make the top 5 TODAY.

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Ben Rothlisberger

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drew Brees

That is insanity to put Rivers anywhere near Brees. In fact, although Rodgers is best in business this year, he still has some years to log to be ahead of Brees IMO.

My top 10:

Elway- This is defintive #1 for me, not on stats, but on all around ability. He has the stats too however

Montana

Peyton

Brady

Marino

Sonny J/Unitas here, but never seen them play (Sonny ranks higher IMO on stats B/C Unitas seemed to have alot oh INT's)

Moon

Kelly

Farve

Brees/Big Ben/Rodgers/Fouts can fight out top ten spot at this point

Brees is a reach to make the top 5 TODAY.

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Ben Rothlisberger

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drew Brees

Brees is a top three QB today, this season, right now. Rodgers, Brees, Brady.

Manning has to actually play football again to make the list and that remains to be seen. Rivers can't seem to stop throwing interceptions. Big Ben doesn't belong on the list. He's clutch but he's not the technician super QBs the other guys are.

These are probably the QB's that as of now, it'd be damn near impossible to rank Brees over in the modern era...(so no Baugh or Graham)

Unitas

Manning

Brady

Montana

Elway

Tarkenton

Favre (eh, I personally would take Brees)

Marino (no Superbowls but still probably the best pure passer ever)

Steve Young

Co-sign the ludicrous nature of saying Rivers is better than Brees.

Tough to say, let's just name the all-time best QBs. Montana, Marino, Manning, Brady, Favre, Aikman, Kelly, Jurgensen, Young, Elway, Warner, Starr, Unitas....

Where does Brees rank in there? I'd say he is top 15 in the 8-13 range.

Tarkenton has to be there.

Tough to say, let's just name the all-time best QBs. Montana, Marino, Manning, Brady, Favre, Aikman, Kelly, Jurgensen, Young, Elway, Warner, Starr, Unitas....

These are probably the QB's that as of now, it'd be damn near impossible to rank Brees over in the modern era...(so no Baugh or Graham)

Unitas

Manning

Brady

Montana

Elway

Tarkenton

Favre (eh, I personally would take Brees)

Marino (no Superbowls but still probably the best pure passer ever)

Steve Young

Putting Tarkenton that high is as ludicrous as saying Rivers ranks higher than Brees. I like Tarkenton but he in no way should be ranked above Baugh, Graham, Farve, Marino,Young heck or many others (including Brees). BTW Baugh and Graham would go right behind Montana on your list as QBs - Baugh of course is the greatest overall player.

Oops, double post.

Rivers over Brees. Tell anyone in San Diego that and they'll probably want to choke themselves.

Its tough because looking at the QBs of Brees' era, I'm not sure where I'd rank him. It'd be some order of Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Favre, Roethlisberger. I do think I'd take Brees over Favre and Roethlisberger and for now Rodgers.

As far as all-time, I think Brees is a Top 10 guy. Again you'd have some sort of order of Montana, Marino, Young, Elway, Manning, Brady, Favre, Brees, Unitas

Brees is a top three QB today, this season, right now. Rodgers, Brees, Brady.

Manning has to actually play football again to make the list and that remains to be seen. Rivers can't seem to stop throwing interceptions. Big Ben doesn't belong on the list. He's clutch but he's not the technician super QBs the other guys are.

Rivers beat out Brees in SD, and has made do with less support since.

Big Ben extends plays, and throws the deep ball, far better than Brees.

Peyton Manning's career already eclipses Brees.

Glad to see at least no one's arguing about Brady and Rodgers being better than Brees. Well, almost.

That is insanity to put Rivers anywhere near Brees. In fact, although Rodgers is best in business this year, he still has some years to log to be ahead of Brees IMO.

My top 10:

Elway- This is defintive #1 for me, not on stats, but on all around ability. He has the stats too however

Montana

Peyton

Brady

Marino

Sonny J/Unitas here, but never seen them play (Sonny ranks higher IMO on stats B/C Unitas seemed to have alot oh INT's)

Moon

Kelly

Farve

Brees/Big Ben/Rodgers/Fouts can fight out top ten spot at this point

Rodgers has already done more to carry a team than Brees ever has. Same with Ben, and Fouts.

You've got a good list there, but shouldn't Young, Baugh, and Starr be above Brees also?

No way is Brees even sniffing top ten, IMO. Top 20, sure.

Putting Tarkenton that high is as ludicrous as saying Rivers ranks higher than Brees. I like Tarkenton but he in no way should be ranked above Baugh, Graham, Farve, Marino,Young heck or many others (including Brees). BTW Baugh and Graham would go right behind Montana on your list as QBs - Baugh of course is the greatest overall player.

That list wasn't in order, hence why there are no numbers. Also, could've sworn I said in the modern era (so no Graham or Baugh) meaning I would've had them in but it's too hard to relate their play to the modern NFL with more set positions.

Peter King always advocates for Otto Graham and Sammy Baugh. But it's really much too difficult to include anyone in this analysis pre-merger (1966).

Mine:

(1) Montana

(2) Manning

(3) Brady

(4) Marino

(5) Staubach

(6) Favre

(7) Young

(8) Aikman

(9) Fouts

(10) Brees (could move up signficantly)

Honorable mention: Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Moon, Kelly, Theismann, Rodgers, Esiason, Cunningham, Simms, Bert Jones, Namath, Stabler.

Again, San Diego took Rivers over Brees.

Just because San Diego took Rivers over Brees doesn't mean they were right. Give them a second chance and they'd take Brees.

Something is wrong with the board recently, I've noticed posts being put out of order and double posts all over the place.

Peter King always advocates for Otto Graham and Sammy Baugh. But it's really much too difficult to include anyone in this analysis pre-merger (1966).

Mine:

(1) Montana

(2) Manning

(3) Brady

(4) Marino

(5) Staubach

(6) Favre

(7) Young

(8) Aikman

(9) Fouts

(10) Brees (could move up signficantly)

Honorable mention: Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Moon, Kelly, Theismann, Rodgers, Esiason, Cunningham, Simms, Bert Jones, Namath, Stabler.

Favre over Young? Surely you jest.

Rivers beat out Brees in SD, and has made do with less help since. Like in NE, WRs have been good because of the QB.

How can you say that Rivers has made do with less help since? That's just asinine. Rivers has one of the best TEs to ever play the game in Gates. He has two huge WRs in Jackson and Floyd, and until 2 years ago he had one of the best RBs to ever play the game in LT. Yet, the Chargers would consistently come up short when it counted most.

Brees was a catalyst for the Saints and their SB win 2 years ago. He had one WR stud back then in Colston, besides that Brees has been working with Devery Henderson & Lance Moore. Jimmy Graham & Robert Meachem (who's off an on) weren't even on the team when the Saints won the Super Bowl. To say Rivers has made do with less help is a complete joke.

Archived