Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst QB decison of 2011

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So, I thought it might be fun, instructive or sadistic to look back at the all the bad qb moves of 2011 and decide which team blew it the worst. I've got my candidates and I'll put them in the poll, but feel free to nominate an "other"

Frankly, and this may surprise some, but I think the Redskins are not the winners of the bad QB choice derby. My victor is the Philadelphia Eagles. Paying Mike Vick 100 million dollars and getting the same victory production as Grossman is downright dumb... besides, Vick's play was declining at the end of 2010 and the way he plays he was bound to get injured.

Other choices...

The Redskins... going into the season with Beck and Grossman. Really, what were you thinking?

The Colts... that's your back up plan if Manning can't come back from his injury?

The Cardinals... you traded how much for Kevin Kolb and what kind of sucess did he have the previous year before he was benched for Vick?

Poll upcoming

The Vikings... Sure, you had some success picking up Farve in the twilight of his career, but did you really think you could make a living going to the nursing home year after year after year?

I went with the Colts because they had 0 plan going into the season and seemed shocked that it didn't work out. Conversely, IMO the Redskins were obvious in the sense that they knew they were lacking at the Qb position and were holding out for one of the guys in the upcoming draft, once guys like Locker and Dalton (later in the draft) were off the board. I don't know, people were acting like they were so shocked about what happened but the real question is, who would we have traded for or signed in FA that would have been soooo much better That it would have made it worth our time?

Colts didn't pan out, but you can't fault them for going with a tenured back-up. Cards have done ok with Kolb, but does seem a bad decision, but only season 1. Not a lot of QBs out there that knew the Skins system and although Rex loves him some turnovers he can at least put points on the board. Vikings rolling with McScab was not good obviously, but they did draft Ponder as well and retained Webb.

Everyone seems to realize Vick can't stay healthy for a full season, and those injuries worsen and increase with age. Plus, he is a scumbag of a human being. So shelling out a Fat Al contract for him earns them the worst decision IMO. We were blasted for Fat Al, the Eagles should be blasted for a similar contract to a frail human piece of trash.

I said Minny. I know the saying is three strikes you're out, but maybe after two teams decided he wasn't a starting NFL QB you take the hint. Oh, wait... you mean the Shanahans weren't wrong for benching him?

Others are equally foolish though.

Shanahans were just wrong for bringing him in....LOL.

Andy Reid sold us a lemon. And he knew it.

It's between Cardinals and Colts.

The Cardinals traded away an incredible amount and way overpaid an unproven QB who turned out to be a bust.

The Colts dragged ass after Manning had his surgery and didn't get a QB which almost cost them a 0-16 season until they all of a sudden had this 2 meaningless game streak.

Shanahans were just wrong for bringing him in....LOL.

Andy Reid sold us a lemon. And he knew it.

Haha yeah. I actually had to change that last part from "you mean the Shanahans weren't wrong about McNabb?" to what it currently is... you know, to keep from any confusion ha.

You seem like a good person to ask... can you PM me about why Artest changed his name to "Metta World Peace?" I don't get it.

I haven't voted, and I can't decide.

We screwed up royally with our two-headed beast of fail.

Philly signed a guy to a 100 million deal and got Vince Young (who can't seem to throw anything but picks) as a backup.

Cards signed Kolb and haven't gotten much if anything back.

Minnesota didn't fail too hard. McNabb was bad, but Ponder and Webb haven't been as terrible as they could be. They've at least got guys for the future.

Colts fail is in their lack of planning.

All fails, so tough to pick the worst. Probably Philly with their huge contract to an injury prone player.

I voted for the Colts as they had the resources, environment and knowledge of the situation to make a play. If we'd had the resources to get a top-drawer QB, I'd agree that we made a bad decision but given our resources, we did make the right choice. Anyway, if Grossman had just a couple fewer turnovers this year, we might have gotten a false positive on where we are (especially since a pretty mediocre season will be enough to win the NFC-East this year).

Don't forget the Raiders. Palmer is the media's chosen one but he has a higher int % than Rex.

I wouldn't put the Raiders on the list because their choice of Campbell seemed really good and pretty cheap. Campbell had them in the playoff run. A fluke injury knocked him out, but he was a cheap pick up.

You may be right on the Palmer side though. That was an awfully expensive price they paid.

I think the worst decision at Quarterback was for the vikings to trade for McNabb given his performance with the redskins....

The Second worse decision was to set Rex Grossman in favor of Beck. Sure Grossman is not the answer, but every time i've seen beck come in as a back up over the years i've crenched. If grossman had of less than half of those games, December would mean something. (selfish)

Redskins wouldn't even be on my poll list, imo.

Raiders traded (2) 1st rd picks for a QB,I wouldn't have traded 1 for...Just terrible all around...They could almost have Andrew Luck with that...lol

Denver Could have got SOMETHING for Orton had they lowered their price demands to Miami....End up cutting him after going 1-4. He ends up claimed off waiver wire by the Chiefs and now could NOT make Playoffs cause Orton might beat them. The guy they cut...Had they started tebow Earlier as a 1st rd pick...they may have already clinched the division by now.

Arizona is just stupid...Traded a 2nd rounder and CB Cromartie for Kolb?

Did they know they could have Patrick Peterson AND Cromartie @ CB's, John Skelton and probably have same or better record, as well as a 2012 2nd rd pick?

Bills signed Fitzpatrick to a monster deal. How do think they're feeling about that now?

That win yesterday? Was their 1st win since him signing it...

Jacksonville: We dodged a Gabbert! (replace Bullet) Why did they cut Gerrard? Dumb

1) The Colt earn the worst QB decision of 2011 because of their record combined with the absolute terrible play from their QB position.

Kerry Collins--Curtis Painer--if they didn't finally in week 13/14? they stumble upon Dan Orlovsky they would have lost every game

Knowing Peyton's neck was messed up makes it even more criminal that they didn't find a viable back-up in the offseason

2) Cards.

But at least they tried to fix their problem, their guy got hurt who knows how it would have panned out if he finished the season?

But, it looks like they got $burned$ by the Andy Reid pump and dump system QB scheme.

3) Us.

Our QB play has been pretty bad, by ESPN Total QBR Rex is 24th out of 34 in other metrics he's worse; our record also stinks in part because of sub-par QB play.

We stood by in the offseason and didn't address the QB position at all.

I picked Minnesota because for all they've invested in QBs since Favre, they still had Webb playing (and beating us) this week.

First they pick Ponder way to high. Then they trade for a proven lemon.

Skins were doomed from the start and only those blinded with burgundy couldn't see it.

Kolb could still turn it on. He's no Kurt Warner, but few are. However, it looks like Andy played another team.

The Raiders made a horrible decision in trading so much for Palmer. He's never lived up to the hype. He had 2 good years. Nothing since.

I think the Bills made a pretty boneheaded decision in signing Harvard long term.

Seattle dropping Hassleback for TJack? What?

Eagles had to sign Vick. Peyton Manning cannot be replaced. I thought that was known before this season with the way he operates.

McNabb, signing Grossman while no other team was offering him a contract, trying to make us believe that Beck is a good QB, last but not least having only two QBs on the roster.

All these decisions were coming from a coach who has a reputation for finding good QBs, I really hope he didn't lose it, and will turn things around at this position during the upcoming draft.

Archived