Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Redskins vs. Vikings OC/DC Discussion Thread---Can Kyle? Has Haslett? Will 2012 be a Happy New Year?

Jumbo

There's a reason that Haslett was coaching in the UFL prior to joining the Skins staff. And he'd still be there if Shanahan hadn't called him.

Let's hope that, relative to the defensive coaching staff, the team can keep Lou Spanos. There will be lots of head coaching interviews this off-season, and his name will be listed by several potential coaches as the man they want as defensive coordinator.

Kyle has been calling good games the last few weeks and the offense has been moving the ball well and scoring - 3 straight weeks now of 20 plus points and we have left some points on the field as well kicking FGs rather than pushing it in for TDs. The offense has been looking good - add a QB who does not turn the ball over twice every week and add a couple of weapons and a lineman and we are in good shape.

The defense has been much much better than last year - but it worries me a little. We seem to have no answer for QBs who can move around. I'm not sure if it's a scheme issue or if it's play calling versus that type of QB. It needs to be looked at and fixed though.

I really think that Kyle deserves an apology thread from a crap ton of people on this board to just post ten characters.

He's been doing the same damn thing all year and last, and now his offense gets it. My SOWK 777 professor wasn't a bad professor just because before the midterm nobody was following her rubric when writing papers. They just started doing what she was saying and, gasp!, everyone was nailing it.

More mental and fundamentel mistakes from players then getting out coached on D#. Would blame the players instead of Hasslet today.

No probleme with Kyle. He seems to find things that work lately...and the back are pilling up yards behing a banged up line. Starts to look more like Houston and Shanahan off.

We miss a healthy and explosive Landry. With the achilies surgery he needs there is no guarantee we ever see that again.

---------- Post added December-24th-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

We miss a healthy and explosive Landry. With the achilies surgery he needs there is no guarantee we ever see that again.

I was talking about the one on IR! :)

I'm indifferent on keeping him, I just think that he was our answer to the mobile QB problems we had today. A healthy LL would've put Webb on the sidleine today with his buddies.

I think Kyle's come a long way as the seasons went on.. The O actually looks competent for the most part, until Rex does something "bad".. The D, I guess is in the same boat as the O.. Just poor execution most of the time, when they get scorched.. And missing 2-3 key players..

Kyle has been calling good games the last few weeks and the offense has been moving the ball well and scoring - 3 straight weeks now of 20 plus points and we have left some points on the field as well kicking FGs rather than pushing it in for TDs. The offense has been looking good - add a QB who does not turn the ball over twice every week and add a couple of weapons and a lineman and we are in good shape.
This offense discovered the slant route today!

But, yeah the gameplan/playcalling philosophy has been much better the past few weeks.

I gotta believe Mike is exerting greater control/influence on the offense every since we started running the toss/pitch a few weeks ago.

Its weird to me how nonplussed fans remain over having a QB that makes it harder for us to win.

The defense has been much much better than last year - but it worries me a little. We seem to have no answer for QBs who can move around. I'm not sure if it's a scheme issue or if it's play calling versus that type of QB. It needs to be looked at and fixed though.
Shrugs, I think most defenses have this problem.

More mental and fundamentel mistakes from players then getting out coached on D#. Would blame the players instead of Hasslet today.

Agreed. Gerhart got his yardage mostly due to poor tackling while a lack of gap discipline opened up running lanes for Webb. By the time the players adjusted to contain Webb they started to get caught looking in the backfield and got gouged for some big passing plays.

No probleme with Kyle. He seems to find things that work lately...and the back are pilling up yards behing a banged up line. Starts to look more like Houston and Shanahan off.

As it should. It took both Kubiak's Texans and Shanahan's Broncos two years to hit full stride in the system. We just need our Elway or Schaub equivalent.

Archived