Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Omen for the Giants

fuji869

;8757714']It is going to make me sick if the Giants lose to the Jets and the Eagles beat the Cowboys. If the Eagles win the division' date=' I'm going to puke. The Giants must win!![/quote']

Would rather see the Giants win the NFC East over the Eagles and Pukes any time!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck

This division is tougher then you think, can anybody give me a Nfc east vs other opponents record excluding our own lol. We beat each other up all year like a playoff game more so then other divisions maybe the North but I think the South is soft and brittle regardless of who they are none of them have elite defenses or a Rb im afraid of yeah im talking about you M. Turner, something you need in the playoffs, when its cold and your receivers are playing out doors. The lions aint running in the playoffs vs anybody, so yeah GB is good but i believe the NFC east can play some ball too, just my two cents

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 01:09 AM ----------

I also would like to see Dallas in and lose like always just to laugh a little at jerry jones every time they lose in the playoff an angel gets his wings

• 4 weeks later...

I said this on December 19th

No matter who wins the NFC East, they will make it to the second round. Neither the Falcons or Lions will be able to handle what will be coming for them.

I said this on January 12th

Out of the choices, obviously Giants over Green Bay would be number one....

I knew the Giants were going to go wild and the playoffs. And as much as it pains me to say it, today I am saying this, the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. :doh:

The Saints turned the ball over FIVE times against San Fransisco and was two freakish Vernon Davis plays away from losing. I am telling yah, the Giants will give something real good to the 49ers Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, I am going to be rooting for them to lose, but I got a feeling that they might get the W with ease...

The Saints turned the ball over FIVE times against San Fransisco and was two freakish Vernon Davis plays away from losing. I am telling yah, the Giants will give something real good to the 49ers Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, I am going to be rooting for them to lose, but I got a feeling that they might get the W with ease...

Disagree, I think the 49ers are actually a tougher match up against the Giants.

The 49ers were strong enough to force the Saints into those turn overs, and really made Drew Brees uncomfortable. History has shown that if you rattle Eli early and often, he'll make mistakes. Look at what he did against the Redskins. The Packers' defense really regressed this year, and I think they really missed Cullen Jenkins who was their second best pass rusher outside of Clay Matthews. The 49ers have a ridiculous pass rush, and will be a lot more physical with the Giants receivers.

On the offensive side of the ball, it was a freakish night for Green Bay, whose receivers dropped at least three game changing catches. History has shown that the number 1 seed is usually rusty after a bye week, and the 49ers have just as much, if not more, momentum going into this game than the Giants do. Plus, the 49ers have a stronger offensive line who should be able to do a much better job of protecting Alex Smith.

I expect this to be a much closer game than people think.

I see where you are coming from, but I just think that they are clicking on all cylinders right now. The 49ers better hope that they can get some good, consistent, pass rush on Eli because I think those Giant receivers are in kill mode. At anytime all three of them could get a big play on you.....

Plus the Giants have a pass rush too. The "something good" I was referring to in my post was a beast Giants pass rush. Will Alex Smith be able to have the same success he had on against NO versus he Giants D; who now has now seen what Vernon Davis is truly capable of.

Again, I am rooting for the Niners, but I am expecting a Giants win.

Disagree, I think the 49ers are actually a tougher match up against the Giants.

The 49ers were strong enough to force the Saints into those turn overs, and really made Drew Brees uncomfortable. History has shown that if you rattle Eli early and often, he'll make mistakes. Look at what he did against the Redskins. The Packers' defense really regressed this year, and I think they really missed Cullen Jenkins who was their second best pass rusher outside of Clay Matthews. The 49ers have a ridiculous pass rush, and will be a lot more physical with the Giants receivers.

On the offensive side of the ball, it was a freakish night for Green Bay, whose receivers dropped at least three game changing catches. History has shown that the number 1 seed is usually rusty after a bye week, and the 49ers have just as much, if not more, momentum going into this game than the Giants do. Plus, the 49ers have a stronger offensive line who should be able to do a much better job of protecting Alex Smith.

I expect this to be a much closer game than people think.

Giants played both this season and the 49'ers game was lost by only a TD and that's with the giants failing to convert a 4th down inside the 49'ers ten yard line at the end of the game to tie it plus the 49'ers recovering an onside kick early in the game(which is probably what made GB decide to try the same thing). The Saints game was a complete blowout pretty much, the only reason I would have wanted to play the Saints is because I would love for the Giants to win a superbowl by knocking out Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, that would have been amazing.

The Saints game was a complete blowout pretty much, the only reason I would have wanted to play the Saints is because I would love for the Giants to win a superbowl by knocking out Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, that would have been amazing.

If the Giants win, I would like for them to play the Ravens. I want revenge for that 2000 Super Bowl!!

Sorry Tom, it won't be against the Ravens... Brady is going to have that bitter taste in his mouth from the last time the two teams played in the playoffs.
Agreed. Honestly at this point, I expect the Patriots to win a 4th world championship. I believe the reason for the Patriots retooling their offense the way they did was because of their losses to the Ravens and Giants in the playoffs.

Their offense in those two games was a deep, vertical passing game that was predicated on good protection for Brady, along with short passes to Wes Welker.

This offense, while a big play one, is meant to protect Brady with quicker, short passes that depend on YAC. I remember hearing in one of the games that the Patriots receivers lead the NFL in YAC.

In other words, designed to combat pass rush.

;8801955']If the Giants win' date=' I would like for them to play the Ravens. I want revenge for that 2000 Super Bowl!![/quote']

I'm going back and forth, the road to that superbowl was when I really got interested in football based on my uncles excitement. The first game I really remember watching to this day is that NFC championship shutout. But on the other hand I'm having a superbowl party at my house and a couple Pat fans are coming so that would be fun too.

Archived