Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread


@DCGoldPants
 Share

Recommended Posts

Someone is either feeding them tech or they've gained access to it through espionage. 

 

Either way there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it because China (and too a lesser degree South Korea).  China created this entire problem when they backed Kim Il-Sung during the Korean war and birthed this entire demented Kim family nightmare.  It's annoying that this issue gets discussed like America is responsible somehow. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

Someone is either feeding them tech or they've gained access to it through espionage. 

 

Either way there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it because China (and too a lesser degree South Korea).  China created this entire problem when they backed Kim Il-Sung during the Korean war and birthed this entire demented Kim family nightmare.  It's annoying that this issue gets discussed like America is responsible somehow. 

 

 

Well, America certainly has some blame.  At least as I understand it, we had a deal in place for them to shut down the one reactor that was making Plutonium, before they had a bomb, in exchange for foreign aid.  And we reneged on the deal.  (And they restarted the reactor, built two more, and got enough material for several bombs.)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Add it to the list.

 

Quote

Kim's father, Kim Jong Il, who came to power in 1994 after the death of his father, Kim Il Sung, agreed to end nuclear weapons or missile activities that year — and then again in 2000, 2005, and 2007. Each time, Pyongyang secretly continued its nuclear tests and missile development. The U.S., said then–Defense Secretary Robert Gates in 2009, is "tired of buying the same horse twice."

 

...

 

In 2011, Kim Jong Il died and was succeeded by his son, Kim Jong Un. Just two months into the new regime, North Korea and the U.S. signed the "Leap Day" agreement on Feb. 29, 2012, which declared a moratorium on missile launches and nuclear tests. But the young Kim was focused on proving his toughness to his generals and to North Koreans, so he ignored that pledge and began testing nuclear bombs of greater magnitude.

https://theweek.com/articles/772503/north-koreas-long-history-broken-promises

 

At what point does the US simply refuse to keep playing this game?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, Larry said:

 

Well, America certainly has some blame.  At least as I understand it, we had a deal in place for them to shut down the one reactor that was making Plutonium, before they had a bomb, in exchange for foreign aid.  And we reneged on the deal.  (And they restarted the reactor, built two more, and got enough material for several bombs.)  

 

Didnt US have North Korea on the ropes in the Korean War before China jumped in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Weak, spineless, ignorant and stupid.. Trump embodies the GOP.

 

Honestly, i never again want to hear it when Republicans talk.

 

 

 

 

.. i mean about being tough.

Or anything else, for that matter.

 

everything you believe is a LIE.

 

~Bang

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2019 at 6:52 AM, Bang said:

Weak, spineless, ignorant and stupid.. Trump embodies the GOP.

 

Honestly, i never again want to hear it when Republicans talk.

 

 

 

 

.. i mean about being tough.

Or anything else, for that matter.

 

everything you believe is a LIE.

 

~Bang

 

The reality is they talk tough but our greatest victories economically and militarily since the start of the 20th century have been when a Dem is in the WH. Not say the Dem alone has won a WW or saved us from a depression/recession. Just saying it never happens when an R is in the WH. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

 

The reality is they talk tough but our greatest victories economically and militarily since the start of the 20th century have been when a Dem is in the WH. Not say the Dem alone has won a WW or saved us from a depression/recession. Just saying it never happens when an R is in the WH. 

 

While I do think they are the exception, and in many cases it's wrong to give credit to the occupant of the White House, I do think that asserting that nothing good whatsoever has ever happened when a Reublican is in the White House is, let's say taking a generality and trying to make it an absolute.  

 

Good thinks that come to mind that happened when a Republican was in the White House:  

 

Every single Apollo moon landing happened under Nixon.  

The Soviet Union liberated a lot of Europe under Reagan.  

Desert Storm, IMO, was probably the greatest moment in our nation's history in my adult lifetime, and happened under Bush 1.  (And unlike the other two, I think the White House absolutely deserves a bunch of credit for handling that situation.)  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...