Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

18 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Are you missing my point?  I'm not defending how the current administration is handling this issue.  I was merely pointing out that I don't believe it should have gotten this far in the first place.  And the reason we are here to begin with is because the previous administrations did not do enough to prevent this from happening.  

Nobody is arguing that anything in the past has worked. We're arguing what was just done made it worse.

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Though you don't really have any way to prove that because it hasn't been long enough to see the results.

Telling the world he believes the NK dictator. Stopping joint exercises. 

That's two visible tangible things we just gave them. But yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Again, you haven't seen the results.  

I think Trump is a huge ****face.  I haven't hidden that.  But Trump telling the world that he believes KJU is probably not even in the top 10 of the worst things he has said this week.  Do you think nation in the world has changed their opinion on NK based on what Trump has said?  All he did was give KJU a boner.  What are you afraid he is going to do with it?  Starve even more of his people?  Attack a SK fishing vessel?  Maybe lob a few mortars at a SK island?  He has already done all that.  But you know the difference?  He hasn't done 2 or those 3 recently.  Sometimes just telling the weak kid in class that he is tough makes him stop trying to prove it to everyone.  Will this work?  Probably not.  But it isn't like our previous policies have worked real well.

As for the joint exercises, I've been a part.  I won't say anything bad.  I'll only say......at least they kept some photographers in business.  

I've got an idea! Let's have the President of the United States spend a week verbally felating Kim Jong Un!!

That's it. That's the whole ****ing plan.

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Do you think nation in the world has changed their opinion on NK based on what Trump has said?

No. I think they've changed their opinion of us.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 5

On 3/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Though you don't really have any way to prove that because it hasn't been long enough to see the results.

That's technically true, but it's sort of like guessing whether or not I'll be able to create a beautiful work of art by throwing dog poop at my wall. Based on what I know about dog poop and art I can reasonably guess that I won't be selling the result to a gallery. Could it happen? Sure. But I'm far more likely to just end up with a **** stained wall and a house that reeks.

I’ll buy that poop wall tim

edit: Nobody builds better poop walls than mistertim. I bet that’d keep those caravans away... plus we’ll save a lot of money on materials. Half of the country is already knee deep in the stuff.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

On 3/2/2019 at 6:27 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I don’t think South Korea wants to have the exercises....

On 3/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, Cooked Crack said:
What a take

Ultimately he is right, but ultimately it’s his own fault 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He’s not right.

I think all the scandals does make pushing for anything internationally more difficult...

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why do you think SK doesn’t want to have the exercises?

They seem pretty committed to the peace process...the announcement was a joint statement (ofc probably the US holds all the cards there) but the two korea presidents have met, talk, ect.... doesn’t sound like a hawkish stance on NK to me...

11 hours ago, visionary said:

When **** rains....

Looks like the best friend stuff worked well. Show up weak and unprepared. Get nothing accomplished. Worlds enemies starts building missile sites again. 

Yay change!! 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Looks like the best friend stuff worked well. Show up weak and unprepared. Get nothing accomplished. Worlds enemies starts building missile sites again. 

Yay change!! 

You're just tired of Trump winning so much...or something like that. 

Does Trump have a foreign policy win? 

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Where is your evidence of that?

Don't be lazy next time. It was the first story when I searched. From last Dec. They even proposed smaller drills to get something going again. 

https://www.voanews.com/a/south-korea-wants-smaller-military-drills-with-us/4708714.html

South Korea wants to hold smaller joint military drills with the United States next year, the defense ministry said Thursday, scaling back larger exercises as part of an effort to boost nuclear diplomacy with North Korea.

The allies have suspended a number of combined military exercises this year as tensions on the Korean Peninsula eased and Washington began talks to dismantle Pyongyang’s nuclear program.

The North has denounced the annual drills, which in the past involved hundreds of thousands of troops, warships and aircraft, as a “rehearsal for war.”

Who was it here that said they didn't want these drills/exercises because they want peace? Where is your evidence of that?

Wait, what? They are still having the smaller drills (which is what sk wanted) but they aren’t having the large scale drills, which I said I didn’t think SK wanted.  Your article seems to support what I’m saying, that SK didn’t want the large drills.. 

edit; yeah, I can see where it was unclear.  You had said trump stopped the excercises, I responded that sk didn’t want them... the only ones trump stoped were the large scale ones so I assumed that’s what you meant 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84