Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread


@SkinsGoldPants
 Share

Recommended Posts

Personally, I can think this kid is a dumbass and have sympathy for him and his family simultaneously.  Actually, pretty sure all of us were dumbasses at 21

 

I just dont think any Americans should go to NK for any reason.  Its like free diving.  If you die doing it I will feel bad for you and your family, but dang you knew the risks idiot

 

Although, I have been to North Korea, so I shouldnt talk :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Personal opinion supported with no intel or military background but I think Trump's response was the right approach, only long overdue.

 

There comes a point where you gotta say, look here Kim... you threaten our country one more ****ing time or we see you building any more nukes, you're not going to like what happens next.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Personal opinion supported with no intel or military background but I think Trump's response was the right approach, only long overdue.

 

There comes a point where you gotta say, look here Kim... you threaten our country one more ****ing time or we see you building any more nukes, you're not going to like what happens next.

It's odd.  I posted the other thread about this.  But maybe Trump being Trump is just the potentially unstable moron that brings NK to the realization that they are the little dog.  

 

Or or maybe we wake up this weekend to Seattle glowing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is another bit of concerning news. North Korea has claimed it has fusion bombs (ie Hydrogen Bombs), that has been dismissed with the dismissals postulating that they have only boosted fission weapons. Now it is good that they don't have Hydrogen bombs but even boosted fission weapons is very bad news. The British detonated three boosted weapons in the 1950's  the largest explosion was 800kt and it thought they can reach the mgt range. 

 

The Hiroshima bomb was 20kt.

 

Most of our fusion weapons from what I've read are dialed down to less than a megaton (most in the 500kt range) so Kim may have weapons that match or exceed the explosive yields of our current inventory (Boosted weapons may be harder to maintain though).

Edited by nonniey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We cannot allow NK to continue to escalate their nuke program.  At some point, we must act first, or face the reality that eventually NK will possess the ability tot destroy the world.  

 

The last 4 presidents have truly ****ed us all in this regard.  All of them believed the nutjoba running NK and tried sanctions etc.  

 

All the while, NK continues their nuclear march.  Now we're stuck with the worst possible person to actually have to handle it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

NK has no incentive in starting a war. The Kim family will be obliterated out of power and they know that. 

 

The only thing making this situation even moderately tense is the idiot occupying the WH.

 

Kim isn't China or Russia.  He's a guy that puts multiple generations of a family, including children, in prison camps for a crime committed by a single person.  The guy that tells his people he's some sort of divine being, and executes prisoners with anti-aircraft guns.  How sure are you that he's mentally stable and will remain so? 

 

How many millions of American lives are you willing to risk on the premise that the worlds craziest dictator won't really do it?  That's the problem.  I don't see how US leaders can simply choose to ignore nuclear threats. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hardline against NK over their nuke program is long gone. They have nukes and they can hit pretty much anyone.

 

I don't see the point in attempting to stop it with any kind of force. 

 

In any case. I don't see why we freak out over NK with nukes when the most dangerous country in possession of them is Pakistan. 

 

We are an extremist coup of the Pakistani government away from having radical islamists in possession of nukes. North Korea is a far more rational actor than say an ISIS-like faction that wants Armageddon.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

 

Kim isn't China or Russia.  He's a guy that puts multiple generations of a family, including children, in prison camps for a crime committed by a single person.  The guy that tells his people he's some sort of divine being, and executes prisoners with anti-aircraft guns.  How sure are you that he's mentally stable and will remain so? 

 

How many millions of American lives are you willing to risk on the premise that the worlds craziest dictator won't really do it?  That's the problem.  I don't see how US leaders can simply choose to ignore nuclear threats. 

 

 

He is like every authoratorian dictator in terms of humans right abuses within his country. 

 

I dont think that makes him suicidal, where he gives up his life of luxury and power by provoking a war against the most powerful military in the world. 

 

Of course, I am making the assumption that he is rational enough to realize that he's looking at complete obliteration by engaging in war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

It's odd.  I posted the other thread about this.  But maybe Trump being Trump is just the potentially unstable moron that brings NK to the realization that they are the little dog.  

 

Or or maybe we wake up this weekend to Seattle glowing. 

The only way I can sleep tonight is by telling myself that this was at the behest of our military leaders rather than another of Trump's spur of the moment policies induced by a fart from one of the fireflies that buzzes around inside his skull.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The only way I can sleep tonight is by telling myself that this was at the behest of our military leaders rather than another of Trump's spur of the moment policies induced by a fart from of the fireflies that buzzes around inside his skull.

Watching ithr video, it looked like an off the cuff bs statement made with little forethought

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Personal opinion supported with no intel or military background but I think Trump's response was the right approach, only long overdue.

 

There comes a point where you gotta say, look here Kim... you threaten our country one more ****ing time or we see you building any more nukes, you're not going to like what happens next.

But then NK escalated again and said they would nuke the US mainland and shoot missles at Guam...

 

Now what?

Edited by visionary
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

But then NK escalated again and said they would nuke the US mainland and shoot missles at Guam...

 

Now what?

Well I was working under the assumption that there had been some actual forethought from our military leadership and that they had a plan in place for a strike that would cripple NK with little to no risk. If it was just Trump bloviating, then it is an absolute disaster.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Here is another bit of concerning news. North Korea has claimed it has fusion bombs (ie Hydrogen Bombs), that has been dismissed with the dismissals postulating that they have only boosted fission weapons. Now it is good that they don't have Hydrogen bombs but even boosted fission weapons is very bad news. The British detonated three boosted weapons in the 1950's  the largest explosion was 800kt and it thought they can reach the mgt range. 

 

The Hiroshima bomb was 20kt.

 

Most of our fusion weapons from what I've read are dialed down to less than a megaton (most in the 500kt range) so Kim may have weapons that match or exceed the explosive yields of our current inventory (Boosted weapons may be harder to maintain though).

 

 

Good times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know?  The U.S. could use a good war right now.  Been over a decade since a declaration of one.

 

This whole story reminds me of the Carlin bit about the US LIKING war.

 

I contend that as the leader of the free world, there comes a burden.  Still, that Carlin bit is hilarious.  He gets the crowd cheering about the US bombing people, then he totally flips the script, cracking on the US's blood lust....but he keeps it funny.  Brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

In any case. I don't see why we freak out over NK with nukes when the most dangerous country in possession of them is Pakistan. 

 

Im not fully on the "it doesn't matter" bus with you on NK

 

But I agree with this.

 

We even believe members of their government worked with al qeuda to protect them from us, for years. So... it's not just plausible...

1 hour ago, Destino said:

*children hiding under desks*

The obvious problem is that they don't make desks like they used to

 

Everything is particle board from ikea now :(

Edited by Destino
quoted picture
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

 

 

Weird because earlier this year he was complaining that the previous government and the US were rushing to get the missile shield up and running:

 

Quote

With Moon pledging to review the Park government’s decision to deploy the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) antimissile system, the U.S. military has acted swiftly to get it up and running. This has sparked widespread criticism here that the United States is trying to make it difficult, if not impossible, for Moon to reverse it. 
 

The final components for THAAD were taken to the site in the middle of the night last week, triggering protests, and the system became operational Monday. It is designed to shoot down North Korean missiles, but many in South Korea fear it will make them more of a target. 

[ Controversial missile defense shield operational in South Korea ]

“It is not desirable for the [caretaker] South Korean government to deploy THAAD hastily at this politically sensitive time, with the presidential election approaching, and without going through the democratic process, an environmental assessment or a public hearing,” said Moon, sitting on the floor in a Korean restaurant after an evening rally in Seongnam, south of Seoul.


“Would it happen this way in the United States? Could the administration make a unilateral decision without following democratic procedures, without ratification or agreement by Congress?” 


Privately, Moon aides say they are “furious” about what they see as the expedited installation of THAAD. U.S. Forces Korea said the deployment is in line with plans to have the system operational as soon as possible.
 

But Moon warned that the U.S. actions could undermine south Koreans’ faith in Washington and complicate the countries’ security alliance.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/south-koreas-likely-next-president-warns-the-us-not-to-meddle-in-its-democracy/2017/05/02/2295255e-29c1-11e7-9081-f5405f56d3e4_story.html

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...