Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

What agreement do we have on denuclearization?

On the spelling?

~Bang

Trump called it "de-nuking" in his interview, presumably because denuclearization is way too hard for him to say.

Though I think there was a footnote in the agreement that said " *denuclearization of the Korean peninsula will henceforth be referred to as Trump brand De-Nuking and is the best De-Nuking ever. Nobody has De-Nuked like this before"

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The problem with the talk of the sanctions still being in place is that China has already started to reduce their enforcment.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/North-Korea-crisis-2/Border-town-thrives-as-China-eases-up-on-North-Korea-trade

I noticed that as well. I don't think Trump has any clue or any care about some of the avalanches/chain reactions he may have just started. Of course, Trump has historically shown that he does things without really caring what the consequences of his actions are. This is no different. 

Edited by mistertim

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'd be MUCH more comfortable with ol' W running this show.

How's THAT for a state of affairs?

~Bang

At least he didn't seem to take criticism personally and lash back like Trump did with Trudeau. Trump has all the marks of a despot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

At least he didn't seem to take criticism personally and lash back like Trump did with Trudeau. Trump has all the marks of a despot.

What kills me is that you can barely call what Trudeau said criticizing anyone in particular about anything. 

Trump is what the kids call **** made. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

What kills me is that you can barely call what Trudeau said criticizing anyone in particular about anything. 

Trump is what the kids call **** made. 

No ****. Trudeau's criticism was incredibly light but Trump can't stand even the most insignificant slight against him. I mean, hell, W had a freakin' shoe thrown at him and seemed to take it relatively well and not personally. 

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

I want to feel good about today's news, but I can't quite figure out what we got.

We gave up our war games which has been a major thorn in North Korea's side and something they've wanted done with for a long, long time.

We got... a promise to denuclearize? If so, that's excellent, but my understand is it's a promise without inspection, verification, or any kind of proof nor does it promise that they won't restart the program.

So, I'm back to asking what we got? I know we gave up something. I know we gave North Korea something. What did we get?

Not a damn thing.  NK got a meeting with the U.S. President and a promise to end the War Games.  Donald Trump got his PR moment, he can use in the Fall midterms.     The U.S. has nothing.

It is good to talk but NK is the clear winner so far.   If this gamble leads to denuclearization, then great.   I know the Trumpsters/GOPers are nothing but hypocrites because if this were Hillary doing the same thing or if Obama doing the same thing; they would criticize this to death.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think it’s rediculous to keep score...

whether this solves the problem or not, literally doing anything diplomatic is better than doing nothing or worse, starting a war.

Un doesn’t need America to legitimize him.

You can have diplomacy without having a meeting with the President of the United States.  That has value.  Lots of people want to meet with the President.  We should get something tangible for that.