Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

Anyone else see this? A photo from space and how dark NK is.
I don't understand how Best Korea's efficiency and energy conservation measures, should be criticized. :mad: Don't environmentalists agree we should be more like this?

Like football coaches repeatedly say: "Nothing good happens after 2 am." Best Koreans understand this.

8. Jong-il was Hennessy's biggest single client in 1993 and 1994, spending $850,000 annually on the cognac.

I'm just wondering if he kept vast stores of it, or whether he gave it away as gifts to party leaders and other "important" people, because that's a hell of a lot of cognac. At $130 per bottle that's close to 18 bottles of cognac per day.

I remember hearing that he was a huge fan of Hennessey. The guy had good taste...

Too bad he was sipping fine cognac while his people starved to death...

Yup. Just goes to show even the worst people on Earth have good taste in a few aspects in their lives. Saddam was a big fan of "The Godfather" and Hitler was a dog lover.

Too bad he was sipping fine cognac while his people starved to death...

That is one of the things I found so repugnant when I heard about all of his insanely expensive tastes, etc. so he spends $850,000 in a year on cognac and god knows how much on all of the other luxury things he had while his people starved and died. I just wonder how someone's brain can function with that sort of cognitive dissonance. It isn't as he if he had no clue his people were dying of famine.

Were circumstances of Kim Jong-il's death fabricated?

The official report said that North Korea's "Dear Leader" Kim Jong-il died on a train at 8:30 on Saturday morning after suffering a heart attack during a "high intensity field inspection." State media reported his death on Monday.

Now, North Korea experts in South Korea are calling into question that account, saying North Korea likely made it all up, according to the Chosun Ilbo newspaper website.

Among the details they say don't make sense:

•Freezing weather: Kim was known for a nocturnal lifestyle and rarely got up before noon, and would have unlikely risen early in 20-degree temperatures for a field inspection.

•Train didn't move: South Korea's intelligence director testified that Kim's special train - equipped with four hospital cars - did not move out of the station the entire weekend.

•Witnesses: Kim always traveled with a large entourage, but the news of his death was kept secret for 50 hours.

Citing South Korean sources, the newspaper speculates Kim most likely died at home.

• 4 weeks later...

North Korea Reportedly Punishing Insincere Mourners

North Korean authorities are punishing mourners who failed to exhibit sincere sadness and despair after the death of Kim Jong Il on Dec. 17, the Daily NK reported Wednesday.

The online North Korean newspaper, which is published by opponents of the governing regime, said a source in North Hamkyung Province revealed the information. The source told the paper “authorities are handing down at least six months in a labor-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organized gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn’t seem genuine,” according to the Daily NK.

Click on the link for the full article

More pictures of the mourners can be found here]

North Korea Reportedly Punishing Insincere Mourners

North Korean authorities are punishing mourners who failed to exhibit sincere sadness and despair after the death of Kim Jong Il on Dec. 17, the Daily NK reported Wednesday.

The online North Korean newspaper, which is published by opponents of the governing regime, said a source in North Hamkyung Province revealed the information. The source told the paper “authorities are handing down at least six months in a labor-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organized gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn’t seem genuine,” according to the Daily NK.

Click on the link for the full article

More pictures of the mourners can be found here]

Guess Jong-il's rotund offspring isn't softening up the ole vice grip any time soon. I know my Great Uncle Bob would love to go back there and shove a flamethrower up Korean Porky's be-hind.

A sad, but not necessarily surprising, development. The son (or his handlers/advisers, or both) is probably trying to make sure that Kim Jong-il's death doesn't soften the peoples' fear that the government. A hard crackdown to make sure everyone stays in line and knows things haven't changed just because the leader has.