Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd/12, 3rd/17, 3rd/8(td),3rd/14, 3rd/11

SkinsHokieFan

Agree.

One of the positives with this team is if we get our QB, he won't have a bunch of green rookies to throw the ball to. Having Gaffney/Moss will help a QB tremendously because they will be where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there

As long as the QB can live with a couple automatic deflections-for-INTs, they should be OK. :ols:

Agree.

One of the positives with this team is if we get our QB, he won't have a bunch of green rookies to throw the ball to. Having Gaffney/Moss will help a QB tremendously because they will be where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there

Wait, you are not implying that it is possible there was a grand rebuilding strategy in place from the start are you? ;)

I hope in the draft we find a mid-late round WR who is over 6'0 tall, and who is not afraid to go up after the ball. Thats the one thing that irks me at times, is seeing a receiver covered, but either they make some half-assed effort and get 3 inches off the ground, or they just don't bother going up for it.

I'm not trying to bash the wr group, but it is a rarity to see a receiver go up after it; they always seem to want the ball to drop right into their hands, and it never works out that way. If you look around the league, you see good receivers jumping up for it, whether by design or placement, but grabbing the ball at its highest point; we desperately need a guy capable of this...

I hope in the draft we find a mid-late round WR who is over 6'0 tall, and who is not afraid to go up after the ball. Thats the one thing that irks me at times, is seeing a receiver covered, but either they make some half-assed effort and get 3 inches off the ground, or they just don't bother going up for it.

I'm not trying to bash the wr group, but it is a rarity to see a receiver go up after it; they always seem to want the ball to drop right into their hands, and it never works out that way. If you look around the league, you see good receivers jumping up for it, whether by design or placement, but grabbing the ball at its highest point; we desperately need a guy capable of this...

Jarrett Boykin from VT. 6'2 218. Dudes hands make Hankerson's look like little girls hands.

Of course, but not nearly as much as usual, which is expected with a much less talented blocking TE playing the part of our starting TE. I was just pointing out something I noticed, which I guess should have been predictable.

Just pointing out that our offense can hum along just fine even without an athletic receiving TE as a large part of the gameplan...in the 4th quarter.

Ah, true that. I thought you meant we never threw it to the TE. Rock on.

on third and long the short man is usually open with the assumption that he is going to be tackled before he reaches the first down marker. Good teams with good QB's like New England can pass their short man into a position where he can make a play.

Actually, if you watched yesterday, quite a few of the 3rd and longs were converted AFTER the catch. Stallworth came up a yard short (arguably) on 3rd and 17 and set us up for a short 4th down. Gaffney has 1 or 2 YAC on 3rd and I remember Moss having one as well

Am I the only the feels like Mike Shanahan's fingerprints have been more apparent in these recent gameplans/playcalling tendencies?

I def. think that Mike takes over at times. You can tell because we actually RUN the ball on first down! What a tought! Run Run Run = first down

Archived