Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Redskins vs. Giants LB thread – Stick a F.O.R.K. in the Giants, they’re done

Hitman21ST

In reference to the title: F(letcher), O(rakpo), R(iley), K(errigan).

1st drive – solid coverage, getting good pressure off the edges. Forced Eli up in the pocket and quick throws. Good three and out.

2nd drive – auspicious start on the run, but held on (thanks to a drop from Nicks, but still). Defense two for two

3rd drive – doing a good job of run support now, another three and out. No help from the offense, but a good start.

4th drive – offense giving the defense some breathing room for chances, should see some heavy rushes from Orakpo and Kerrigan. London Fletcher has a great pass breakup leading to an Atogwe pick! Great play!

5th drive – Giants offense looking dejected. Perfect time to make some plays. Orakpo and Kerrigan getting the push on the outsides, need to get off their blocks. Fletcher and Riley are flying to the ball. Great pressure and pursuit on the screen, blowing it up. Forced another punt from the Giants.

6th drive – under a minute to go in the half. Kerrigan got some pressure but couldn’t get to Eli. Riley had good coverage on Bradshaw who made a circus catch. Giants FG.

Sooo glad I paid all this money for an Orakpo jersey and he doesn't even play for us anymore.

Seriously, except for drawing a holding penalty and a couple pressures in this one, he's rarely even getting his name called during games anymore. I think he needs to develop some more moves and become more powerful on his bull rush.

Sooo glad I paid all this money for an Orakpo jersey and he doesn't even play for us anymore.

Seriously, except for drawing a holding penalty and a couple pressures in this one, he's rarely even getting his name called during games anymore. I think he needs to develop some more moves and become more powerful on his bull rush.

Umm...he had a sack and a touchdown saving holding call go his way...

Umm...he had a sack and a touchdown saving holding call go his way...

The sack was fraught garbage time.

Basically, he was non-existant for the first 3 quarters.

Find an excuse to discount everything, huh? Fact of the matter is, Orakpo got it done. We all know you don't like him, so you can take your "Orakpo sucks" schtick over to espn.com or youtube.com where no one cares what's posted.

Orakpo would punish you in scrabble.

From a Midgets messageboard

http://boards.giants.com/forums/47/2379018/ShowThread.aspx

Fletcher is like 90 years old, and he looks faster than all of our LB's

:ols:

Seriously London DESERVES to retire a Redskins and to be taken care of financially with a 3 year deal. The man just goes out week in and week out and does his job well. I'm proud to say he's a Redskins.

From a Midgets messageboard

http://boards.giants.com/forums/47/2379018/ShowThread.aspx

:ols:

Seriously London DESERVES to retire a Redskins and to be taken care of financially with a 3 year deal. The man just goes out week in and week out and does his job well. I'm proud to say he's a Redskins.

Nice find Santana...that hit he laid today was epic. London, please live (and play) forever.

Not every good player has his name called all the time. Many good players open lanes & opportunities for other players.

Aside from that, Orakpo is a developing player that makes plays at critical times. Kerrigan is better right now, & hopefully will continue to grow into his position, but that doesn't discount Orakpo & his abilities. I think you are overly critical.

---------- Post added December-18th-2011 at 11:01 PM ----------

http://boards.giants.com/forums/71/2379018/ShowThread.aspx

:ols::ols: London Fletcher maybe a highly sought after FA this year. Yes I know the above comments are by fans, but I could see Darth Hoodie/ NE making a play for # 59.

He wants to stay a Redskin & the Redskins want to keep him. He's a class act on & off the field. I see no scenario where any team is going to be able to lure him away from us at this point. Money, I doubt, is much of an issue for him. I'm sure the Redskins will pay him what he wants to keep him. They know his value. I wouldn't worry about the Cheaters laying their claws into him.

Um did you even watch the game? The Kerrigan sack was a direct result of pressure from Rak. But whatever. Your agenda won't let you realize that his play affects everyone around him and often results in their "big" plays.

3rd year guy in Orakpo and 1st year guy in Kerrigan means these two are only gonna get better together but hey whatever you gotta do to stay negative by all means do it. Smdh.

Orakpo would punish you in scrabble.

LOL! I'm sure he would!

I really like him, and enjoy watching him play, but I guess I just expected him to be a little more present and dominating in games by this point in his career. I was expecting him to be among league leaders in sacks. He's at about 6 or 7 now this season, but you've got several guys on other teams approaching 18 sacks right now. I'm not saying he has to be up there, but I'd be happier with Orakpo at about 11 or 12.

I don't care what ANYONE says; IMO, Riley is a very very promising player. He kinda looks like a young Fletch on the field, and he plays smart and not afraid to tackle, and doesn't think he can fly either! lol

His been laying the wood and hustling all over the place. Iv been pleasantly surprised by this guy and his been pretty consistent thus far.

anyone else notice that after Ryan's sack Eli fumbled the ball BEFORE the whistle blew, and yes it wa a clear fumble ... DVR'ed it several times.

Rak picked up the ball and started running, but then the whistles blew. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the Chargers v. Denver game with Cutler fumble, you are still allowed to keep on playing after the whistle right?

Archived