Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Redskins vs Giants "Those Damn Refs" Discussion Thread--A Helen Keller Tribute or a Law & Order Hit?"

Jumbo

Not enough volunteers to do these threads this week :(

I'm writing these OPs before the game starts so my thoughts are: how did they do? What can the NFL do to make this year's officiating crapfest better? I want professional refs with full typical workplace accountability and management structure---we all know the league has the cash. :cool:

I was joking, in chat, about starting a "refs suck" thread. Whining about how they shafted us out of our draft position. How they literally took two touchdowns away from the home team, without us even having to throw a flag. How they were obviously all Cowboy fans.

I didn't get to see the game, just listen to the audio feed. But the refs sure appeared to agree with what the radio said. (Which, now that I think of it, might be a mark against them, considering the credibility that the radio crew has.)

I thought the game was well officiated this week, although I did think that they could have called a roughing penalty on Grossman's second iNT. The giants DB (can't recall his name) did launch well after the ball was gone. He broke two rules,, namely, he hit him well after the ball was out, and he left his feet in a launch. Even if helmets didn't collide, this is a penalty.

~Bang

I thought it was pretty good. There were some holding calls that were missed but that is always the case. HOwever when a guy almost gets his jersey pulled off you would think you would get a holding call. I thought the pass interference on Doughty was a bad call. That was a case of feet getting tangled which is not suppose to be a penalty.

Archived