Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft hypothetical

Hitman21ST

I am confused. You say from "Samuels on", but then we could take Ur instead of Lamar. Lamar was taken before Chris.

Anyway, it is a good question. Desean instead of Malcomb comes to mind.

A jump for Rogers instead of Jason wold have been nice.

Good thread.

:helmet: The Rook

Except Aaron and Carlos weren`t in the same draft class. Jason Campbell was.

Aaron was drafted 21st overall.... whereas Carlos Rogers was drafted 9th overall in their respective draft classes.

Sorry but you are wrong. The year we drafted JC we also drafted Rogers. We traded up to the 22nd spot before the draft and that is why we didn't have a 1st the next year when we drafted Rocky in the 2nd.

The entire 08 draft.

We made ten picks and one guy is a starter, and now he's on suspension.

Two other guys are still on the team, neither contribute. Rob Jackson and Kareem Moore.

Chad Renihardt is in Buffalo, Devin Thomas has made one catch for the Giants this year.

Everyone else is out of the league.

Ten picks. 3 years ago. 1 starter. Suspended.

Zorn and Vinny and Dan. Like the Three Stooges trying to bake a cake.

We could have drafted Rodgers. And we still would have given him to Zorn, and now he'd be in Oakland.

~Bang

here some thoughts

- 2001 we take Rod Gardner (could of gotten Santana Moss, Steve Hutchinson or Reggie Wayne)

Second round we took Fred Smoot, could of gotten Aaron Schobel or Shaun Rogers. Could of traded up to get Brees

-2003, if we had a second round pick could of gotten Bob Sanders in the second and picked up Big Ben in the first. (I love Sean Taylor, just a thought though)

-2005 Im not even going to talk about.

-2007, If we had a second round pick we could of gotten Sydney Rice, LaMarr Woodley, Ryan Kali etc... In the first round could of gotten Adrian Petterson, Patrick Willis, Derrell Revis, etc...

The 2008 draft take Brandon Flowers and Ray Rice in round 2 instead of D. Thomas and M. Kelly

In 2009 take Mike Wallace in round 3 instead of Barnes

I like your choices in 2008. Didnt even see that one :wavetowel

Aaron Rodgers and Logan Mankins in 2005 would have been an OK first round. Keeping our picks in 2010 and using them on Terrence Cody and J.D Walton. Pretty much every other scenario than what we winded up doing in 2008 and Greg Jennings and keep our picks in 2006. Never understood what they saw in McIntosh that made them trade up for him. Good player but we took him way too high and gave up too much.

Damn, Die Hard. I would not have expected you to botch something like this.

I know right!! Shows you how much I follow the Skins these days -- because of my studies -- and how lazy I am to not even bother to look it up before making a correction.. haha. I will accept your ridicule.

<

---------- Post added December-17th-2011 at 10:52 PM ----------

Sorry but you are wrong. The year we drafted JC we also drafted Rogers. We traded up to the 22nd spot before the draft and that is why we didn't have a 1st the next year when we drafted Rocky in the 2nd.

You are correct. Thanks for jogging my memory :)

The year we picked Samuels and Arrington. What picks were they and how did we get them?

Thanks in advance

per wikipeida:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Redskins_first-round_draft_picks

The Redskins' traded their first pick in the 1999 Draft to the New Orleans Saints for their 1999 first round pick, 1999 third round pick, 1999 fourth round pick, 1999 fifth round pick, 1999 sixth round pick, 1999 seventh round pick, 2000 first round pick, and third round pick in 2000. The Saints used that first pick in 1999 to select Ricky Williams. It was the first time that a team traded all but one pick in a draft.

The Redskins' second first-round pick in 2000 was acquired from the San Francisco 49ers for the Redskins' Number 12 and 24 selections, along with two mid-round picks

Except Aaron and Carlos weren`t in the same draft class. Jason Campbell was.

Aaron was drafted 21st overall.... whereas Carlos Rogers was drafted 9th overall in their respective draft classes.

not only were they in the same draft but AR was drafted at 24 not 21.

---------- Post added December-18th-2011 at 12:15 AM ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins_draft_history

Archived