Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My idea to fix our political system.

HRNY4ZRNY

This is probably not a new idea but I have never heard it.

It's radical yet simple.

I got the idea reading the thread in the stadium section. The Albatross thread...

Basically the Redskins suck because we switch coaches and systems to frequently. A new coach comes in and it takes time to clean up what the old coach left behind. The the new coach runs out of time himself and we switch again.

So how is this different than our political system right now.

Republicans truly don't want to get behind Obama because its not in the Republicans best interest.

When a Republican is in office the Democrats do the same thing.

This wastes time and money and hurts the American people.

So my proposal is the "Dual President" system.

You elect 1 Republican, 1 Democrat. To be co-presidents. 50-50 in terms of power.

They are basically a tag team joined at the hip for better or worse.

They have different beliefs, values and theories, but their goal is to make it work and COMPROMISE.

Just like we are taught as kids.

Their will be tough discussions between the 2 but they have to make it work.

So when they decide on something they both sign (the bill, amendment...)

You could also increase the years of there terms. Now that there is a Democrat and a Republican making both parties satisfied. Say 6 years instead of 4. This gives them more time to make the right choices for this country and look out for Democrats and Republicans alike.

What do you all think?

I think our system is fatally flawed. This is a simple solution that could benefit us all.

No. I am good with our system.

As much as we all complain about politics - THIS system that made the U.S. the strongest, richest and most powerful nation the world has ever seen. We have been dominate for generations. The system has ups and downs, but in the end it works. Yes, we are currently going through a "rough patch" and its ugly, but we have seen times like this before. We might need to tweak our system to account for our changing society but we dont need to overhall our political system.

The same multinational corporations control both parties. It's so blatantly obvious I can only envy those who are tied up in party politics.

At least you can cheer for "your" guy.

I got nothing. Ron Paul's ok, but if he actually won, he'd die in a a few months real nice and quiet.

So no, I don't see 2 presidents helping much. How about a return to sound money and a real American system, a credit based one along with new tariffs on imported goods to force this country into self sufficientcy. We'll never have a solid manufacturing base without them.

No more slave labor goods from China. **** World Trade. Cut out all tax loopholes for big business.

Meh...thats a start. I could go on, but what the hell... I don't think its gonna happen.

No. I am good with our system.

As much as we all complain about politics - THIS system that made the U.S. the strongest, richest and most powerful nation the world has ever seen. We have been dominate for generations. The system has ups and downs, but in the end it works. Yes, we are currently going through a "rough patch" and its ugly, but we have seen times like this before. We might need to tweak our system to account for our changing society but we dont need to overhall our political system.

I agree, despite it's flaws,it is self correcting.

The last thing you want is those ****s all working together

This is probably not a new idea but I have never heard it.

It's radical yet simple.

I got the idea reading the thread in the stadium section. The Albatross thread...

Basically the Redskins suck because we switch coaches and systems to frequently. A new coach comes in and it takes time to clean up what the old coach left behind. The the new coach runs out of time himself and we switch again.

So how is this different than our political system right now.

Republicans truly don't want to get behind Obama because its not in the Republicans best interest.

When a Republican is in office the Democrats do the same thing.

This wastes time and money and hurts the American people.

So my proposal is the "Dual President" system.

You elect 1 Republican, 1 Democrat. To be co-presidents. 50-50 in terms of power.

They are basically a tag team joined at the hip for better or worse.

They have different beliefs, values and theories, but their goal is to make it work and COMPROMISE.

Just like we are taught as kids.

Their will be tough discussions between the 2 but they have to make it work.

So when they decide on something they both sign (the bill, amendment...)

You could also increase the years of there terms. Now that there is a Democrat and a Republican making both parties satisfied. Say 6 years instead of 4. This gives them more time to make the right choices for this country and look out for Democrats and Republicans alike.

What do you all think?

I think our system is fatally flawed. This is a simple solution that could benefit us all.

So what happens to 3rd parties? They have to go to Canada to exercise their freedoms?

Archived