Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12/15/11 Fox News Republican Debate

visionary

Anybody else notice two questions Romney received were completely teed up for him? What industries will bounce back in the U.S. in the next 10 years? You said weakness could incite war and and you called Obama weak earlier in the week. Is Obama inciting war? Seriously?

Iran might make a bomb. OMG.

And they can't blow it up outside of their own border.

Again... Retarded.

---------- Post added December-15th-2011 at 10:19 PM ----------

Ron Paul is making some very strong point tonight.

(I still cringe at some of the ways he veers off though)

---------- Post added December-15th-2011 at 10:14 PM ----------

Bachman and Paul are making for some damn good television tonight.

I like Pauls odds going up against her ignorant ass.

Anybody else notice two questions Romney received were completely teed up for him? What industries will bounce back in the U.S. in the next 10 years? You said weakness could incite war and and you called Obama weak earlier in the week. Is Obama inciting war? Seriously?

Yeah, Romney's been getting beach balls so far. But it doesn't really matter. Practically every answer he ever gives is some empty, detail-less version of "Obama bad, America good."

What? Earmarks are what get bills passed.

Earmarks are frequently added after the bill has been passed in the committee reports (such as reconciling the House and Senate version of a bill), which are never officially approved. That way nobody ever votes on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earmark_(politics)

"Earmarks come in two varieties: Hard earmarks, or "Hardmarks," found in legislation and Soft earmarks, or "Softmarks" found in the text of congressional committee reports. Hard earmarks are binding and have the effect of law; soft earmarks do not have the effect of law but by custom are acted upon as if they were binding.[3] Typically, a legislator seeks to insert earmarks that direct a specified amount of money to a particular organization or project in their home state or district. Earmarks may be considered synonymous with "pork barrel" legislation, although the two are not necessarily the same."

I can't find a link, but I know that Reagan once threatened to not fund these "softmark" earmarks and Congress threw a fit.

At least until very recently, we were spending huge sums of money every year for projects that had never officially been voted on.

Archived