Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 15 Gameday Thread

ixcuincle

49ers defense is pretty legit. Their offense is really vanilla but it seems to get better in the second half after the running game has worn down the opposing defense. It is like a relentless pursuit where for a couple quarters it doesn't seem like much but because it is so physical it wears you down.

A hobbled Big Ben shows me what I have believed for a long time...whenever he falls off even a little bit in terms of taking punishment/extending plays, the disgusting, sandlot offense that Pittsburgh runs will grind to a halt and they will have a miserable offense. I'll grant that the SF defense looks unbelievable, but if Ben is strictly a rhythm passer in the pocket, the Steelers have nothing.

As much as I dislike him, I guess it shows how responsbile he is for much of their success over the past several years. They better hope that he's able to play "his" game longer than most or they will slide right back down to mediocrity. It's not like there are carbon copies of his unique skillset (huge, relatively mobile, willing to get the **** knocked out of him over and over again, etc.) waiting to play QB.

49ers defense is pretty legit. Their offense is really vanilla but it seems to get better in the second half after the running game has worn down the opposing defense. It is like a relentless pursuit where for a couple quarters it doesn't seem like much but because it is so physical it wears you down.

IMO, that is the story of the NFC playoffs ... One sided teams.

Green Bay = Explosive Offense, Average D

New Orleans = Explosive Offense, Average D

San Fran = Average Offense, Amazing D

Dallas = Explosive Offense, Average D

Atlanta = Explosive Offense, Average D

Detroit = Explosive Offense, Average D

Dallas (#6 Offense, #13 D) and Atlanta (#13 Offense, #9 Defense) seem to be the most balanced of the teams. However, I just don't see them shutting the Packers/Saints to less then 35.

Archived