Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAToday: Bears' WR Sam Hurd facing federal drug charges [cocaine, marijuana in kilos and pounds]

Sticksboi05

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bears/story/2011-12-15/sam-hurd-drug-arrest/51965856/1

CHICAGO (AP) – Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd was in jail Thursday after authorities accused him of trying to set up a drug distribution network in the Chicago area and arrested him after he allegedly agreed to buy a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover agent.

According to the federal complaint, Hurd was arrested Wednesday night after meeting with the agent at a Chicago restaurant. The complaint contends Hurd told the agent that he was interested in buying five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week to distribute.

Wow is all I can say. How dumb can you be to throw away a multi-million dollar career?

In the ESPN article it said that, "Hurd allegedly negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram for the cocaine and $450 per pound for the marijuana."

$450 for a pound of marijuana? That must be some really ****ty weed. It also said that he wanted to buy, "five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area," according to the complaint. That is a lot of slanging.

A man's gotta eat.

In the ESPN article it said that, "Hurd allegedly negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram for the cocaine and $450 per pound for the marijuana."

$450 for a pound of marijuana? That must be some really ****ty weed. It also said that he wanted to buy, "five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area," according to the complaint. That is a lot of slanging.

A man's gotta eat.

I don't smoke weed but is $28 per ounce low?

$450 for a pound of marijuana? That must be some really ****ty weed

You know how when you go to CostCo and you can get an awesome deal on 2,000 ball point pens? I'm pretty sure you'd get a major discount if you were to buy 1000 pounds of pot...

That's $450,000/week coming in...

You know how when you go to CostCo and you can get an awesome deal on 2,000 ball point pens? I'm pretty sure you'd get a major discount if you were to buy 1000 pounds of pot...

That's $450,000/week coming in...

Exactly.

This is some SERIOUS weight we're talking about here. Dude is going to be doing a decade-plus if found guilty.

---------- Post added December-15th-2011 at 04:50 PM ----------

Do you guys think drug dealers buy weed at $800 a pound and then sell it for $1000? Just making $200? You gotta be at least doubling your money.

I don't smoke weed but is $28 per ounce low?

That is ridiculously low. I don't smoke anymore really, but I used to buy ounces of high quality weed for $350. Of course if you are buying bulk like that you will get big breaks but $450 for a pound of marijuana seems like a ridiculous deal. Has to be low quality.

That is ridiculously low. I don't smoke anymore really, but I used to buy ounces of high quality weed for $350. Of course if you are buying bulk like that you will get big breaks but $450 for a pound of marijuana seems like a ridiculous deal. Has to be low quality.

It's really not. Not at 1000 pounds a week.

Really, I'm not sure you all are understanding what kind of weight that is. That's a couple steps removed from a cartel weight.

Really, I'm not sure you all are understanding what kind of weight that is. That's a couple steps removed from a cartel weight.

Yeah I guess you're right. He did say 1,000 a week so that is $450,000 weekly. Damn dude must of had Scarface intentions.

I was just thinking $450 for a pound in general terms. 16 ounces to a pound and I was buying ounces of Cali's finest kush for $350 just three years ago. But then again that was more like every few weeks not daily lol.

Stay away from drugs, kids.

Your correct, some people aren't taking into consideration how much at "ONE" time he was going to purchase. Its not exactly buy one get one free but in lamens terms...

if you guys think this is dumb what about the Mark Brunell going bankrupt off bad real estate advise. I mean seriously there's no way to make it rich anymore, even rich people are in debt, just not paying it back cause they still got credit lol. :ols:

Your correct, some people aren't taking into consideration how much at "ONE" time he was going to purchase. Its not exactly buy one get one free but in lamens terms...

if you guys think this is dumb what about the Mark Brunell going bankrupt off bad real estate advise. I mean seriously there's no way to make it rich anymore, even rich people are in debt, just not paying it back cause they still got credit lol. :ols:

If they were smart they would stash that signing bonus into mixed income/growth annuity, take the dividends to pay their mortgage of their reasonably sized house as well as all of their other normal living expenses and stop buying $500k worth of bling (or dope in this case)

I'm just happy my knowledge of something has finally proved useful on ES. But yeah, like I said, if you're not doubling your money, the risk doesn't make sense (from their perspective).

Archived