Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Request for Support- Building a Football Stadium

Major Harris

Some of you know this, but I am a middle school athletic director and football coach. The middle school where I work is only four years old. We currently share a field with our high school. While having a high school field to play on is pretty cool, it kind of sucks to get bumped by girls soccer (or boys soccer, or even football for that matter....we even got bumped for a powder puff game this past season.)

Our school campus is about 7 acres and has tons of potential for a football stadium. This past Spring / Summer, we graded and seeded our practice field and next year will have a very nice practice field..but our goal is for that field to be the centerpiece of a future football "stadium."

We are trying to raise money for this venture. Our school board has a tight budget and isn't overly supportive (they've got bigger fish and I understand the pecking order).

Long story short, if we want bleachers (enough to seat our student body), we'll need to raise at least 50k (sticker shock, I know, but the rate for installed bleachers is about 120.00 / butt).

My first venture is a raffle. I have 1,000 raffle tickets numbered 000-999. I have until the end of the month to sell the tickets. During the month of January, the WV Daily 3 Lotto numbers will determine our raffle winners. Every Monday - Friday, if you have the number that matches the winning WV Daily 3 numbers, you will win 100.00. If your number is drawn on a Saturday, you win 200.00. On January 31st, our grand prize winner will receive 1,000.00. Winning numbers can be tracked here. It is possible that a number could win more than once.

I am posting this to see if there is any interest amongst my ES brethren to help support this cause by purchasing some tix. The logistics of it would take a bit of thought, as far as getting the money to me and me getting the tix to you, but someone here is smart enough to get past that.

If you are interested, please PM me. We really could use your help. If we sell every ticket, we will raise around 10k for the cause. Tickets are 15.00.

Is there no interest from the local businesses to help support/fund ?

All of the prizes for the raffle should be donations from businesses also, it's a win-win for you and them. Don't get me wrong but if the goal is to raise money, cash prizes should be very scarce or none.

Good Luck. 50k should not be too hard for a school to raise between everyone, if everyone is supporting it.

Is there no interest from the local businesses to help support/fund ?

All of the prizes for the raffle should be donations from businesses also, it's a win-win for you and them. Don't get me wrong but if the goal is to raise money, cash prizes should be very scarce or none.

Good Luck. 50k should not be too hard for a school to raise between everyone, if everyone is supporting it.

i'm doing the local business thing too, but cash talks more than a massage or free twinkies. lol

and 50k is just bleachers. pretty sure i've got a sponsor for the scoreboard, and goal posts are all but secured...still need to worry about a "press box" and storage facility.

haha.

I mean perhaps even stuff like gift certificates from from stores. Sometimes even the bigger stores will donate stuff. I used to run restaurants and Best Buy gave me a brand new television for food for their holiday party...My cost was about 30 bucks. Restaurants will donate stuff as well. To them a 50 dollar or 100 dollar gift card is nothing compared to the advertising brought on by people knowing that they gave back to the community. Do you have vending machines in your school ? Tons of revenue made from them and perhaps those companies will help sponsor or donate goods to your raffle also.

Just some ideas to throw at you and perhaps give you a few as well.

I think you will pull it off.

Archived