Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Thomas Boswell Columnist Mike Shanahan is forging a new identity for the Redskins: building through the draft

SkinsHokieFan

The draft is so much fun when you actually get to participate.:) I like what Shanny has done with draft at this point, and I can't believe that we have more picks than rounds for once.

Drafting a QB with our first pick is the obvious thing to do. I believe we will have to trade up to get him, because I think we will win at least one of our last three games. I think a more "interesting" approach would be to trade back, take Tannehill in the 2nd, parlay our picks (just like last year), fill our holes at OL/DB/WR, and hope that Tannehill works out.

If he doesn't we can trade up the next year, knowing that our lineup is set to contend. Not sure if I think this is the right thing to do, but it would be more "interesting". Can't wait for April.

You do realize that New England has the worst defense in the league right?

Technically, if we're going by yards, though you do also realize that helps prove my point?

And for the record, the Pats don't have the worst defense in the league. They have one of the worst pass defenses, but they're the 14th best in points allowed, 6th in the league in turnovers, and right in the middle of the pack in yards per rush allowed.

The Packers are 31st in the league in yards allowed, but you've got to be an idiot if you think that they have the 2nd worst defense in the league

So glad Danny handed over his power to football people. We are heading in the right direction. If we can find a good QB we are in good shape for years to come. Every team in the NFL has holes as we will even If we do find a great QB but we will not be bottom dwellers like we have been for most of the last decade.

So glad Danny handed over his power to football people. We are heading in the right direction. If we can find a good QB we are in good shape for years to come. Every team in the NFL has holes as we will even If we do find a great QB but we will not be bottom dwellers like we have been for most of the last decade.

The fact is this way gives us the best way to have sustained success in lieu of year after year of dissapointment. They are no longer putting band-aids on tumors, and the REAL issue has been addressed. Lack of building from the ground up. Lack of an overall direction. Lack of draft picks. Washed up veterans on their last leg coming here only to get paid and under-perform.

We are paying right now for a much better future. Building through the draft and taking your lumps are how the teams who are always in the hunt have maintained their success over the years.

REALLY against a 2 win team :ols:

Posters here have lost their minds.

I know.

The fact is the Redskins aren't as bad as we'd all like to think they are. They are mediocre-bad, not bad bad.

Has anybody watched the Jaguars or Rams play lately? These are BAD teams. The Redskins are not in the same ballpark as those teams. Disappointing to many I'm sure, but it's true.

Archived