Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Cloud' Twin Towers: Design Insults 9/11 Victims, Critics Say

skinsfan07

This is unbelievably disrespectful if these buildings do get built like they are supposed to.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/12/12/seouls-twin-towers-design-insults-9-11-victims-critics-say/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk2%7C119524

An architectural design has evoked a ghastly image in the eyes of some: the burning World Trade Center shortly before its collapse on 9/11.

Renderings of two linked towers slated to be built in Seoul, South Korea, have set off a firestorm because of the design's perceived resemblance to New York City's Twin Towers as they billowed smoke and spewed debris after hijacked jets crashed into them on Sept. 11, 2001. The mockup of the proposed high-rises, which the architectural firm MVRDV introduced Dec. 6th, bears the resemblance in the eyes of some because of the 10-story "pixelated cloud" that connects the two buildings, MSNBC reports..

click link for more.

cloud-getty.jpg

:mad::mad::mad: thoughts?

Seriously, I think to many people go out of their way to be offended.

The guy probably thinks my 5 year old is "lying" and intentionally trying to disrepect the people that died in the WTC when she builds block towers and knocks them down.

(Heaven forbid that we bought her a toy airplane and she decided to knock them done with that (currently, she likes to drive a car into them)).

Seriously, I think to many people go out of their way to be offended.

The guy probably thinks my 5 year old is "lying" and intentionally trying to disrepect the people that died in the WTC when she builds block towers and knocks them down.

(Heaven forbid that we bought her a toy airplane and she decided to knock them done with that (currently, she likes to drive a car into them)).

This.

When I saw the image for the first time it set me back. I think its interesting. When I look at it more closely, "first image" some of the chunks or holes in the buildings make me think of people trying to jump out of the windows. Obviously North tower was taller than the South but not as dramatic as that. As someone else pointed out the impacts were around the 80th floor and then the other was 100 something. I remember this because I made a sculpture back in undergrad. I think the architect was japanese and the towers had an inner and outer core as well. The piece should of been 8 foot tall so that the proportions would of been correct, but you get the idea.

A local columnist said that we "college undergrads" didnt make any art regarding 911 (other words) at an art show?" Are you kidding me?

pc140052.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-16942-1322853543-73.jpg

I think there are some images we don't even want to be remotely reminded of, and I think that's fair; especially if you lost loved ones in the towers. Calling them idiots is...well, not very smart in and of itself.

Speaking of which, we all remember this, right?

http://searchengineland.com/google-maps-causes-us-navy-to-change-its-swastika-building-12289

It wasn't designed to look like a swastika. But what happened when some finally saw the satellite images? It got changed.

Can anyone look at that first pic and not see a resemblance there? Seriously? I'm not saying they should change the design. But I absolutely do understand why some could be bothered by it.

I mean it's South Korea, they can build what they want.

This is where I kind of tend to agree. I think the Koreans are trying to be innovative and not offensive with the design. When I read the title, I thought this was somewhere in NY. I do agree with others who say that the building is cool looking.

Honestly, that's pretty cool looking from the second pic. When I looked back at the OP picture again, it sorta hit me. But it's not like they're trying to build it in Lower Manhattan. I guess I'm just trying not to be angry about it at this point...

Same here. The buildings aren't the same size, they were hit on different levels, I guess I just don't wear my emotions on my sleeve ready to be angry about something. Personally, I think it's an interesting concept.

Honestly, that's pretty cool looking from the second pic. When I looked back at the OP picture again, it sorta hit me. But it's not like they're trying to build it in Lower Manhattan. I guess I'm just trying not to be angry about it at this point...

Concur, I don't believe that they are trying to make some sadistic statement and it is not healthy to be angry and bitter. I don't think that the buildings are all that attractive, but the "cloud" offices/condos are a pretty cool idea. Wonder how much one of those will cost?

Archived