Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Todd Haley fired

ixcuincle

Only two years on the job... talk about rash decisions but when you're not cutting it, it's time to go.

KC does have talent on their squad and isn't Bowe a UFA after this season?

Hard to say he wasn't cutting it this year with no Berry, Charles, Cassel, and Moeaki. When you're down 4 of your better players, its going to be tough to win. I know the Texans are doing it this year, but stuff like that doesn't happen often.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Kansas-City-Chiefs-fire-head-coach-Todd-Haley-121211

The Kansas City Chiefs fired head coach Todd Haley Monday.

See the best Kansas City Chiefs action, or check out your favorite NFL team here.

The announcement came on the heels of the Chiefs' 37-10 loss to the New York Jets Sunday, dropping the team's record to 5-8 on the season.

"This was a difficult decision but one that we feel is best for the future of the Chiefs," Kansas City's chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said in a statement. "Although there have been bright spots at different points this season, we have not made meaningful progress and we felt that it was necessary to make a change.

"We appreciate Todd's contributions during his time with the club, and we wish him well in the future."

Haley, who was in just his third season with the team, led the Chiefs to an AFC West division title in 2010. He amassed a 19-27 record during his brief tenure in Kansas City.

more at link

I like Todd Haley as a HC. I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. He is one of those coaches who isn't afraid to get up in his players faces.

Yea. His team looked like they really responded to that.

Did you ever see the end of "The Wiz" when the Winkies are freed and basically have an orgy? Kansas City looked like that yesterday.

Yea. His team looked like they really responded to that.

Did you ever see the end of "The Wiz" when the Winkies are freed and basically have an orgy? Kansas City looked like that yesterday.

It's easy to say that after the Chiefs had a good game. One game doesn't make a team. There have been a lot of players who have liked him as a coach because of that.

The ironic part is that you are being critical of a coach who is a disciplinarian and then I look at your board name.

It's easy to say that after the Chiefs had a good game. One game doesn't make a team. There have been a lot of players who have liked him as a coach because of that.

The ironic part is that you are being critical of a coach who is a disciplinarian and then I look at your board name.

Haley was not a disciplinarian.

Haley was an egotistical prick.

Players respond to discipline if they respect the coach.

Archived