Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you mind losing to the Giants?

andyburd

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm torn... But I look at it this way:

If the skins need a win and a Cowboys win in order for the Skins to get into the playoffs, I will still root against the Cowboys...

Now that we are out of contention mathematically, I don't "hope" for a skins loss, and I would LOVE to see us sweep the Giants, but I also don't want us to screw up any potential franchise QB situations...

I think of it this way: 10 years from now I don't want to say "Man, if we had only lost that game to the Giants, we would have gotten RGIII and we would have been set for 10 years"

But I also don't want to say "Man, if we had won that game, RGIII would have been off the board, and we would have drafted future Hall Of Famer Landry Jones/Matt Barkley and we wouldn't be in this mess yet again"

So... Go Skins, **** Dallas and whatever happens, happens...

I'm torn... But I look at it this way:

If the skins need a win and a Cowboys win in order for the Skins to get into the playoffs, I will still root against the Cowboys...

See, this line of thinking is just backasswards.

Your ultimate goal is to see the Redskins win, but if it involves the Cowboys winning, then you want us to lose?

I just don't see how that can, in any way, make sense. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Your sig rocks, though. Gave me a good laugh this morning! :cheers:

See, this line of thinking is just backasswards.

Your ultimate goal is to see the Redskins win, but if it involves the Cowboys winning, then you want us to lose?

I just don't see how that can, in any way, make sense. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Your sig rocks, though. Gave me a good laugh this morning! :cheers:

Well honestly.. It hasn't happened in my lifetime, but I'd like to think it's true... Unless we beat all the teams we should have and got ABSOLUTELY blown out by every team we should have lost to, and need us to win and the Cowboys to win to get into the playoffs, I would cheer for them... But there's always a "we should have beat XXXX team" thread... And I'd rather see that than "Thank You Cowboys for winning"

And on the flip side... I might even trade home field advantage (yet still a 1st round bye) for the cowboys to lose in week 17 and miss the playoffs. But I don't think I'd actually do that...

Why do you hate Dallas sooooo much that you want to see the Redskins lose? I don't really, truly hate them like back in the day. Like when one of their players throw a funeral reef into our locker room. There was good reason to hate "Americas team" Just like they had good reason to hate the club with 900 "groups" like the hogs, fun bunch. etc. If you hate them, that's cool, just remember....you do so presumably, because you are a Skins fan?

Well honestly.. It hasn't happened in my lifetime, but I'd like to think it's true... Unless we beat all the teams we should have and got ABSOLUTELY blown out by every team we should have lost to, and need us to win and the Cowboys to win to get into the playoffs, I would cheer for them... But there's always a "we should have beat XXXX team" thread... And I'd rather see that than "Thank You Cowboys for winning"

And on the flip side... I might even trade home field advantage (yet still a 1st round bye) for the cowboys to lose in week 17 and miss the playoffs. But I don't think I'd actually do that...

There was a point where we wanted the Cowboys to win so that we could go to the playoffs. In 2007, a 13-2 Cowboys team rested its starters for the second half of a game that we needed to win in order to go to the playoffs.

Had they not clinched the week before, we would have had a much tougher game and could have missed out on the playoffs altogether.

I really hope that your last part isn't true, because that's not being a fan; that's hating the Cowboys. There's a world of difference between wanting us to win and wanting the Cowboys to lose; the latter should NEVER come at the expense of the former.

I think it would be funny as hell to beat NY and see their fanbase sweat it out, having to win that Dallas game to win the division.

I see both the Giants and Cowboys losing one of the next two. Giants probably against the Jets, Cowboys probably screw the pooch against Philly, to set up the showdown on 1/1. Man, between that game last night and our game, does anyone in this league actually play defense.

Also really don't mind who wins the division.......the Skins are showing some promise right now but are still a bad team. And I'm not expecting a win next week. Eli is going to have a field day against our secondary.

sorry, but I just don't get this attitude of losing for a better draft pick crap (cause at the end of the day who knows if that pick will pan out or not anyhow) and hoping for another team to win over another is crap as well....I don't care about no other team but the Skins...could care less about the BOys or Giants...let them fight it out and let us play our game despite not being a playoff team....

I think it would be funny as hell to beat NY and see their fanbase sweat it out, having to win that Dallas game to win the division.

I see both the Giants and Cowboys losing one of the next two. Giants probably against the Jets, Cowboys probably screw the pooch against Philly, to set up the showdown on 1/1. Man, between that game last night and our game, does anyone in this league actually play defense.

Also really don't mind who wins the division.......the Skins are showing some promise right now but are still a bad team. And I'm not expecting a win next week. Eli is going to have a field day against our secondary.

You really screwed the pooch on this one.

WHAT? Where in the ******* name of reason and decency could that phrase possibly have come from? So like back in 1860 or something, uncle Bob was making sweet love to the family Golden Retriever and somebody finally realized that damn, that just ain't right, all that screwing the pooch. Thereafter, the phrase became a popular way to express that you really ****** up? Great cathula's ghost! Is it some sick way of spreading the word on zoophlilia? Did I just misspell that? I don't think i ever knew HOW to spell it, nor do i even care to know!

Isn't screwing the pooch illegal? or do they still allow it in WV??? Did you know that in lots of states, you can legally marry your first cousin?

One more thing about this "screwing the pooch" business, I can understand this when it meant that you were wasting time, back in the thirties, it made sense. Now, how does screwing the pooch equate to messing up? Don't you kind of have to like it to do it? If some yahoo is getting busy humpin' and shlumpin' with ole yeller,' chances are.....he kind of likes it. [please, I'm not advocating bestiality here] So how is that messing up? Seems to me, the guy hit pay-dirt!

:(

Archived