Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Patriots: Official ES OC/DC Discussion Thread

Jumbo

New England is giving up 416.0 yards a game. Worst Defense in the nfl. Good thing we were competitive.

Did I say our offense is phenominal? Did I say our offense is potent? Did I say our offense was fixed? No.

I said we were competitive. We haven't been able to say that much.

May I just mention that the two starting safeties you mention have contributed very little this year and I am not certain that it would have been much different if they were in there. In fact one could argue that the defense actually played worse after Landry came back earlier in the year.

I'm going to go ahead and mention that neither Landry or Atogwe have been healthy all year. Which in my opinion was due to the lack of an off-season. Landry when healthy is a monster, he obviously hasn't been 100% all year. Also Atogwe was also injured coming into the season and never had a chance to fully recover. I would much rather have these two back there healthy than Doughty and Gomes, though Gomes is looking decent.

I think Haslett has done a good job. Not great. A actual off-season so everyone can get healthy will help out immensely.

Actually they seemed to be blitzing a lot from the edges, but if you watched the DL they were stunting a lot to try to get a 1v1 matchup up the middle. Its a gamble, but it also paid off at times during the game. We also did bracket Gronkowski but at the same time he's an unreal player and if you double him, then Brady is going to find another and take advantage of the 1v1 matchup. The D really wasn't the main problem, its tough to win when Brady is playing like he was in that 2nd half

But that's kind of my point. If you blitz off the edge against Brady he'll step into the pocket and will deliver. You have to rush up the middle and make him uncomfortable. Now I completely acknowledge thats easier said then done and the Pats score on everyone, BUT we just didn't seem to come in with a plan designed to take away what makes Brady & the Pats comfortable.

Did I say our offense is phenominal? Did I say our offense is potent? Did I say our offense was fixed? No.

I said we were competitive. We haven't been able to say that much.

Ok Sorry. ;) We were EXTREMELY competitive because Pats defense is EXTREMELY the worst in the league.

Archived