Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing Part 2

ClemsSC7Skinfan

Do you think Kyle wanted to draft Cam Newton and add zone-read/spread concepts to the offense?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Kyle wanted to draft Cam Newton and add zone-read/spread concepts to the offense?

• Yes to Cam, Yes to wanting and successfully adding zone read/spread
    • Yes to Cam, No to wanting to add zone read/spread
    • Yes to Cam, Yes to wanting to add No to pulling it off
    • No I think Kyle would have passed on Cam
    • I love lamp

I don't know what happened to our normal thread.

Anyhow, a great night of boxing tonight on HBO.

1st Fight was the replay of Magarito vs Cotto

- I thought it was a pretty good fight over all and I'm cool with the stoppage because I don't see anything changing the outcome had it been able to go 12 rounds. The answer to our question was answered around round 8, that being would Cotto win if it was fair and the answer was yes in some sort of 8-4 fashion.

2nd Fight was an old college football player vs an old never was heavy weight

- This was an entertaining fight to say the least and I'd like to see the young guy in another fight to see if he grows or not. He won fairly easily within a few rounds with a KO

3rd Fight (Main Event) was Kahn vs Peterson

- Ending, Peterson wins and is the new champion in a contraversial split decision over Kahn. I would of been very happy with a draw. I honestly felt Kahn would eek out the victory in terms of who should of really won it appeared to be Kahn or at worst a draw somewhere around 7-5 or 6-6. The reason I say he should of won is with the scoring Peterson was awarded two points by the hometown ref due to shoving/pushing......rule or not, certainly not worth determining a fight over when there are actually two points deducted.

The best thing about it though was the FACT that two guys fought their guts out and gave the fans a great entertaining fight in which the judges can't take from anyone. (can't wait for a rematch)

Ref was bad no doubt, but Peterson fought hard enough to make it that close. American fighters go overseas and get screwed all the time, I'm not shedding any tears because the shoe is on the other foot now.

It was a close fight, Khan was on his bike for a good portion of it. It was very entertaining fight, the rematch should be just as good.

Ref was bad no doubt, but Peterson fought hard enough to make it that close. American fighters go overseas and get screwed all the time, I'm not shedding any tears because the shoe is on the other foot now.

It was a close fight, Khan was on his bike for a good portion of it. It was very entertaining fight, the rematch should be just as good.

Very true, I didn't think of it like that. Does suck to see happen though especially since I'd rather Peterson win his fight out right instead of a ref taking some of the glory from it all. Either way I agree the rematch will be fun to watch.

Just got back from the fight.

Khan was robbed. 2 points for a push? Are you kidding me? Love DC, I wish we got home refs like that in all our sports

It was a damn fun fight to watch. Quite an experience

And on top of that, place was a friggin zoo. Fight broke out by me right as the decision was announced. People standing up in aisles, it was wild tonight

Just got back from the fight.

Khan was robbed. 2 points for a push? Are you kidding me? Love DC, I wish we got home refs like that in all our sports

It was a damn fun fight to watch. Quite an experience

And on top of that, place was a friggin zoo. Fight broke out by me right as the decision was announced. People standing up in aisles, it was wild tonight

Very Cool, was it your first fight? or just first big fight? provide some details if it was your first. Someday I want to go up to Atlantic City for a big fight or Vegas but I know Atlantic City is more likely. Anyhow I'd like to know what the atmosphere is like and how well you can see the ring.

Very Cool, was it your first fight? or just first big fight? provide some details if it was your first. Someday I want to go up to Atlantic City for a big fight or Vegas but I know Atlantic City is more likely. Anyhow I'd like to know what the atmosphere is like and how well you can see the ring.

First fight ever.

It was actually tough to see the ring from my vantage point, more so because the Convention center is not set up in "stadium style" seating.

A few issues I figured out real quick. 1) Not nearly enough security for the type of fight and the crowd there. You had plenty of "wanabee" gangsters in this crowd, a lot of smack talking between some Pakistani's and Black dudes, and as I figured, right after the decision I saw a brawl break out in the spot where I was standing during the fight.

Lacking security, it was impossible to enforce people sitting down. People were in the aisles all night (I was to get a better view)

The crowd was obviously very pro Lamont, and in general it was fun and intense having 8,000 people in the hall there. I def want to get to Vegas for a big fight one day, its just such a colorful experience

Well it sounds like it was a lot of fun none the less and the security (or lack of) doesn't surprise me since DC really hasn't hosted a fight of this magnitude in quite awhile so I'd assume they'd be a bit out of touch with handling it. It's good to know that even with your view being somewhat poor you were still able to tell that it was b.s. for deducting points on pushing. Peterson's expression didn't look good several times during the fight but I'm very impressed with his efforts tonight so hats off to him for showing up and backing it up in his home town.

Well it sounds like it was a lot of fun none the less and the security (or lack of) doesn't surprise me since DC really hasn't hosted a fight of this magnitude in quite awhile so I'd assume they'd be a bit out of touch with handling it. It's good to know that even with your view being somewhat poor you were still able to tell that it was b.s. for deducting points on pushing. Peterson's expression didn't look good several times during the fight but I'm very impressed with his efforts tonight so hats off to him for showing up and backing it up in his home town.

Yea I give Peterson a lot of credit for staying in it and really turning into a dog fight.

In round 1 I thought this would be an early finish. Khan just looked faster and more polished. But Peterson just kept fighting and wouldn't give up, had a great 3rd, and I felt was in control of some of those mid rounds.

Losing like that is tough, and doesn't help DC's boxing reputation either

Anthony Peterson could learn some things from Lamont. When Lamont gets drawn into a tough fight, he responds in kind. Anthony Peterson turned into Andrew Golota when Brandon Rios started roughing him up. Peterson is a fighter's fighter. Not the best at any one area, but will make you put in hard 12 rounds to beat him.

I gotta give more credit to Tim Bradley, after tonight, he's clearly top dog at 140. He dominated Peterson over 12 rounds and won a clear wide decision.

Khan didn't respond well once Peterson adjusted to his speed.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7347300/lamont-peterson-amir-khan-talk-rematch-controversial-fight

After Washington, D.C.'s Lamont Peterson won two junior welterweight belts in his hometown from England's Amir Khan in an upset split decision on Saturday night -- one tinged with controversy -- both sides immediately talked about a rematch.

"I'm ready for rematch anywhere. I come to D.C., now let's take the fight the U.K. Let's see if he has the same balls as me," a bruised Khan said at the postfight news conference. "A rematch is something I'm looking at. I want it straight away. I want it next fight. I want my two titles back."

"If it were up to me, I'd fight him tomorrow," said Peterson, wearing dark glasses to conceal his swollen face.

And Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya, Khan's promoter, declared, "Golden Boy, Khan and Peterson want the rematch. There will be a rematch."

Not so fast.

Click link for rest

Ward is dominating Froch through 4 rounds.

Ward's handspeed has negated Froch's reach advantage. Froch is getting hit with the left repeatedly, but is not fast enough to counter before Ward gets out.

---------- Post added December-17th-2011 at 10:01 PM ----------

Froch has a great chin. He's going to take a beating, but he'll probably see the final bell.

---------- Post added December-17th-2011 at 10:39 PM ----------

right guy won, but the two judges who scored it 115-113 obviously had a tad too much to drink at ringside.

Archived