Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 14 Gameday Thread

Hitman21ST

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks a suspension is warranted for this.

Not only did he lead with his helmet, but Harrison didn't even launch himself until after Colt released the ball. He easily could and should have stopped himself from even making the hit, much less making a dangerous/dirty hit.

I wasn't watching when it happened, but I hope the Browns next play involved a run right at Harrison, with the FB plus another player charged with taking out his legs as hard as possible.

There was a way these things used to get dealt with in the NFL, and it did not involve relying on fines from the commish.

I wasn't watching when it happened, but I hope the Browns next play involved a run right at Harrison, with the FB plus another player charged with taking out his legs as hard as possible.

There was a way these things used to get dealt with in the NFL, and it did not involve relying on fines from the commish.

Bingo. It would also put an end to excessive celebration.

How many games is he going to get for that? He is a serious repeat offender and that is way more dangerous than a stomp to the arm with rubber cleats on.

Mike Tomlin thinks they shouldn't fine him anymore. Why? because his kids wouldn't be able to go to college. 16 to 18 years from now. Seriously, that was his excuse. :doh:

On a side note, he's been fined $125,000 this year alone. Wow.

That was last year. No fines this year.

McCoy was not in the pocket. He was a yard from the line of scrimmage, attempting to run. Runners can be hit helmet to helmet legally.

That's why he threw the ball, right? Behind the line of scrimmage, he's a passer. It doesn't matter if he's "trying to run," (which he wasn't - evidenced by the fact that he threw the ball) he's a passer behind the line of scrimmage. Considering that he threw the ball and Harrison was a full two steps away, Harrison had plenty of time to pull up. Instead, he lowered his helmet and laid McCoy out.

Harrison is just an *******. I wonder if there are any QBs that could just knock him out and embarass him for good... Maybe Tebow or Newton?

I remember Laron Landry not being the same for a long time after Brandon Jacobs trucked him.

Would love to see something similar happen to Harrison.

Just looking at the location of his arms when he makes the hit you can tell he was trying to hurt him and not tackle him.

I have a feeling the NFL is going to drop the hammer on him like never before. If Suh stomping an arm with rubber cleats on (with a history of dirty play) is 4 games going after someone's head like that (with a history of doing it) should total 5 or more.

Mike Tomlin thinks they shouldn't fine him anymore. Why? because his kids wouldn't be able to go to college. 16 to 18 years from now. Seriously, that was his excuse. :doh:

On a side note, he's been fined $125,000 this year alone. Wow.

They should not fine him anymore as fines clearly don't work and he keeps repeating the offence. It's about time he got suspended.

I'll probably catch some crap for this but I don't have a problem with that Harrison hit. Colt was out of the pocket and looking to run, as Harrison went in for the hit Colt threw it over him. Yea the hit was high, but in that case he thought Colt was going to run it. I'm sure he'll be find, possibly suspended, but I still don't have a problem with the hit.

I'll probably catch some crap for this but I don't have a problem with that Harrison hit. Colt was out of the pocket and looking to run, as Harrison went in for the hit Colt threw it over him. Yea the hit was high, but in that case he thought Colt was going to run it. I'm sure he'll be find, possibly suspended, but I still don't have a problem with the hit.

The big problem is Harrison took two full steps before he hit him. If it had been a regular "clean" tackle then I would agree with you. However, he took two full steps and still went high.

Archived