Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 112th Army Navy Game

Teller

I am absolutely thrilled that the greatest rivalry in all of sports comes to our backyard, FedEx Field, this year. And I'm absolutely ecstatic that I'll be able to cross attending this game off of my "Sports Bucket List."

I get chills just thinking about it. The Cadets and Mids parading across the field, the flyovers from both branches, the parachute teams, the POTUS in attendance, and the fact that the onfield "combatants" will leave the field to stand side-by-side in defense of this great nation.

I simply cannot wait to experience everything that makes this game so great. Who else is going? Who ya got? And of course....

20110218051802.jpg

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 11:48 AM ----------

Unis: http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31951059

Beat Navy!

I'll be there. Probably for the 9th time including the 4 we won during my time at the MILITARY academy.

edit: Has anyone seen the time for the "march on"? It is usually well before game time so if you want to see it be prepared to get in early. Good stories about what goes on in those formations...oh the memories!

Beat Navy!

I'll be there. Probably for the 9th time including the 4 we won during my time at the MILITARY academy.

edit: Has anyone seen the time for the "march on"? It is usually well before game time so if you want to see it be prepared to get in early. Good stories about what goes on in those formations...oh the memories!

"March On" is 11:30 - 12:30

my bad, I almost forgot...

beat_army_1.jpg

I'd like to take in all the traditions but what in the hell am I going to do at FedEx for 2 hours :mad:
It stinks. Maybe you could find a cheap scalp ticket to gain readmission? I don't know. But 2 hours to sit around after the march on will stink.
Are the Skins selling tailgate bands for this game? I too am going but do not want to sit in FedEx for 2 hours.

Are the Skins selling tailgate bands for this game? I too am going but do not want to sit in FedEx for 2 hours.

No idea. I think I saw some on one of the aftermarket ticket sites but can't confirm. To me seeing the March On's is probably worth 20 bucks or so...but not being in the stadium from 1130 until the end of the game.

I was looking forward to going to this game this year (it is also on my sports Bucket List), but sadly, I was deployed in November, so I will miss it. For those that are going to se ethe March on, please take pictures. That is one thing that I really like about the traditions for both acadamies.

Oh and GO ARMY!

Went to the one in Baltimore in 2001 (I think that's when it was), it was a blast. Can't make it this year, but I definately recommend it to any real college football fans, triple option fans, or servicemen and women.

GO ARMY!

Archived