Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nervous the Skins will whiff on QB in the Draft.....Would you be able to handle it?

Elmerz

So, I am as big a Skins fan as anyone, just like all of us here.... I had tickets at RFK.... Went home from the hospital in a Skins beanie on my head when I was born. My man cave looks like I vomited a Redskins store on the walls. blah, blah, blah....you get the picture.

My patience are the thinnest they have ever been, and I am sick, sick!! from these past 15 years of disaster after disaster. Seems like everything this team touches turns to mush. We are, "The Mush" from The Bronx Tale. Even our two arguably best offensive prospects for the future are now freaking dope heads!!! We need a franchise QB in the absolute worst way.

This is the most important upcoming draft in Skins history. Any argument? I think not. My question is what if the Skins totally whiffed on QB and selected a Ryan Leaf? Where would that put you as a fan?

Personally, I don't think I could handle it. Could you turn in your NFL fan card (because I sure as hell won't root for the Ravens or anyone else)? I don't know if not watching football is possible. But, as far as putting the energy into this team anymore, I don't know if I have it in me. Again, this is the only place I can vent, because nobody else understands the passion we have for this team. No wife, brother, best friend, nobody.. This is an outlet from reality for me for the past 30 years when sh*t sucks in life I always look forward to my Skins......and when your outlet doesn't bring you joy anymore what do you do?

This draft could damage the Redskins long term fan base forever. I know it's early, if you are a fan of this team you are thinking the same thing as me though..... This is it!! Got to get it right!!

Thoughts??

It would set us back 4 or 5 years. Ugh...

LOL, this makes 0 sense but keep saying it.

What if we drafted the next Rodgers the next year? Will that magically set us ahead 4-5 years to even it out for you?

Did drafting Clausen and then Newton a year later set the Panthers back 4-5 years?

What if we drafted the next Rodgers the next year? Will that magically set us ahead 4-5 years to even it out for you?

Did drafting Clausen and then Newton a year later set the Panthers back 4-5 years?

Have you ever known a team to give up on a top 5 pick at QB after one year? I'm assuming we would give him three years and then when we did draft our next QB, it would take him at least a year or two to be ready.

It would set the team back several years and there is sure no guarantee with any QB. Luck could pull a Kijana Carter in game 1... but you have to take a chance.

Taking Campbell set the franchise back for years along with all the traded picks... I mean, that was a complete disaster.

I am still unsold on Shanny as a player evaluator... Gibbs was no good at it either... so, I do worry about that aspect. Allen's record is nothing to get jazzed about either. These were the two geniuses who were outsmarted by Andy Reid, remember.

(sorry but Stevie Wonder could see that Reid had no fear of facing McNabb and ***** slapped Shanny/Allen there... he owned the Skins with that one taking those picks)

Like everyone I will pray their pick works out. I will be there either way - likely suffering further emotionally.

This is the most important upcoming draft in Skins history. Any argument? I think not. My question is what if the Skins totally whiffed on QB and selected a Ryan Leaf? Where would that put you as a fan?

Personally, I don't think I could handle it.

You really, really, really need to get some perspective, because you sound pathetic.

I am still unsold on Shanny as a player evaluator... Gibbs was no good at it either... so, I do worry about that aspect. Allen's record is nothing to get jazzed about either. These were the two geniuses who were outsmarted by Andy Reid, remember.

(sorry but Stevie Wonder could see that Reid had no fear of facing McNabb and ***** slapped Shanny/Allen there... he owned the Skins with that one)

Shanahan has a decent track record as an evaluator of offensive talent. He's gambled some and lost, as even good GMs/coaches are wont to do from time to time, but he's also hit big at every offensive position. It's the defensive side of things (specifically, his front four in a 4-3) where he's fallen way short.

We may not hit it out of the park with the QB we draft... but if we take him he'll be far more serviceable than Blaine Gabbert is looking right now and should still be able to easily supplant Grossman.

You really, really, really need to get some perspective, because you sound pathetic.

I agree. I used to take sports so personally. I didn't have anything else good going on in my life and looked for sports as an outlet to make me feel better, but with the state of my teams the last 20 years, it's just made my attitude worse. After reading a very good book about attitude and how to change for the positive, I found out it was me affecting the things around me and I made the change. In just 3 short months my wife and I finally found a house we like, she found a new job doing what she loves and next week I start a new job doing what I used to do and what makes me happy. Sports is a blip.

Ramsey and Campbell both had the same thing in common, they were sitting Ducks behind a horrid O-line. Is our line really any better right now? This will play a huge factor as to whether or not this new QB will bust out. We need mobility to avoid it. That's why.........

I am on the RG3 wagon because I don't see any chance we draft Luck. The dark horse in my opinion would be the Eagles. RG3 is right up his alley and with their failing record I could see Reid landing Griffin if he is around.

Our last 3 1st round QBs have busted out - Heath Shuler, Patrick Ramsey, and Jason Campbell.

Surely the law of averages says this time we will hit!

In a bizarre sense, that's actually a somewhat positive way of looking at it. I really don't think Barkley or RG3 would fail in the NFL. I think both would be at the least good/solid and certainly a vast improvement from what we presently have. As others have echoed the much lower salaries don't set teams back as far if they do whiff on a first round, high pick QB. That is also a danger to us as well, as it won't be that hard for the Browns or Jags to go QB again after recently doing so. Good God we need a QB!!! Let this year be the year it finally happens!

I agree. I used to take sports so personally. I didn't have anything else good going on in my life and looked for sports as an outlet to make me feel better, but with the state of my teams the last 20 years, it's just made my attitude worse. After reading a very good book about attitude and how to change for the positive, I found out it was me affecting the things around me and I made the change. In just 3 short months my wife and I finally found a house we like, she found a new job doing what she loves and next week I start a new job doing what I used to do and what makes me happy. Sports is a blip.

I agree, and I am far from miserable... But I have a very stressful career, like I said in my original post... I use the Skins as my one day a week escape from that reality. Something that makes me disappear from the worlds problems for a few hours.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 01:53 PM ----------

I am a very stable guy sir. I have plenty going for me as far as family, career, health etc...... You are not getting the gist of the post. Everyone has outlets, for some it's hookers, drugs, collecting weird crap. For me it's the Skins.

I agree, and I am far from miserable... But I have a very stressful career, like I said in my original post... I use the Skins as my one day a week escape from that reality. Something that makes me disappear from the worlds problems for a few hours.

I understand. Take it from a man who wears his sports heart on his sleeve. I had to take a few steps back and ask myself what the problem was. I finally had that "it" moment that made me realize what was missing in my life and it wasn't a winning team. Do I want all my teams to win? Sure. But I realize that's just icing on the cake. I read "TNT, The Power Within You" by Claude Bristol. It opened my eyes as to why everything negative was happening to me and while I was reading, I felt like he was describing me to a tee. It worked for me. Try it, it may or may not work for you. I really feel that my attitude has changed everything around me. Now it's time for my teams.

And it's not a book about someone who is miserable with their life or someone who is depressed. It's more about getting what you want and being positive about it. It's an attitude/outlook change. I also realized that I had alot going for me in my life and I didn't realize it. It was an attitude change more than anything.

Clausen was a 2nd round pick, not a top 5 selection. BIG difference. Like Sacks N stuff said, you cannot give up on a top 5 QB after one year.

Archived