Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Redskins Make Roster Moves

Mark The Homer

For Immediate Release

Dec. 7, 2011

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed tight end Dominique Byrd and nose tackle Chris Baker to their active roster. They also signed tackle Cole Pemberton to their practice squad.

Byrd (6-3, 255) signed with the Redskins on Oct. 26, 2011, before being waived on Nov. 8. He was inactive in Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills and did not play in Week 9 against the San Francisco 49ers.

Baker (6-2, 329) signed with the Redskins’ practice squad on Sept. 5, 2011. He originally signed with the Denver Broncos as a college free agent on April 27, 2009. He was waived by the Broncos on Sept. 3, 2010, before being signed to the Miami Dolphins practice squad on Oct. 7. Baker was signed to the Dolphins’ active roster on Nov. 26, where he remained for the rest of the season. He was waived by the Dolphins on July 31, 2011.

In 2010, Baker appeared in one game with the Dolphins against the Oakland Raiders on Nov. 28. He saw action in one game with the Broncos in 2009, making his rookie debut against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 9.

Baker, 24, played collegiately at Penn State from 2006-07 before transferring to Hampton. He played in 11 games with eight starts in one season at Hampton where he totaled 69 tackles (23 solo), 8.5 sacks and one blocked kick.

In 2007, Baker helped the Nittany Lions rank seventh in the nation against the run (87.9 ypg.) and led the team’s defensive linemen with 37 tackles while adding 4.5 sacks. As a redshirt freshman, Baker appeared in eight games.

Baker was born on Oct. 8, 1987, in Windsor, Conn. He attended Windsor (Conn.) High School.

Pemberton (6-7, 306) originally signed with the Houston Texans as a college free agent on May 18, 2010. He was released on Sept. 4, before being added to the team's practice squad on Sept. 5. He was signed to the team's offseason roster on Jan. 4, 2011, before being released on Sept. 3.

Pemberton, 24, played collegiately at Colorado State from 2005-09. He appeared in 38 games with 33 starts, earning Mountain West Conference Honorable Mention honors in his senior season in 2009.

Pemberton was born in Kansas City, Mo., and attended Mountain Vista High School in Highlands Ranch, Colo., where he was a three-time all-conference honoree.

eshead9sjpg.jpg

There is no third. 2 players went from the PS to the active roster, 1 was signed to the PS. Another PS spot should be open.

nope... you are close tho.... 1 was promoted from the practice squad (Baker), one was a street free agent (Byrd), and one was signed to fill the practice squad opening (Pemberton)

This season can't end soon enough.

Hail.

lol totally agree...and to think..followed the stupid lockout, read so many offseason articles, waited so long for this season to start...it sucks when I just don't get that feeling for Sundays anymore. That excitement and build up all week for the games...I had it for a solid 5 or so weeks this year

lol totally agree...and to think..followed the stupid lockout, read so many offseason articles, waited so long for this season to start...it sucks when I just don't get that feeling for Sundays anymore. That excitement and build up all week for the games...I had it for a solid 5 or so weeks this year

Agreed the draft is so far away

What they were cut? I assume that since they were suspeneded they still remain on the roster and we just can't move them onto IR (especially if they are not injured). So the question still is who was cut.

According to the WP article I read they are not counted on the roster during their suspension.

Archived