Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC - KHAAAAAAN! Should 'Trek' film bring back villain?

The Evil Genius

No- that's the real guy. I went to a Trek convention at the end of October. I had to pay for the privilege of a professionally taken photo with him but it was worth it.

I think that his baldness makes such a clean line against the black background it looked like a cutout to me. Regardless, Patrick Stewart is great.

There are also probably several thousand of these to every Patrick Stewart per convention:

trekkies.jpg

Of all the plot possibilities, i'd be seriously disappointed if all they did was re-hash something they already got right.

~Bang

Well, if the reboot really did happen right when Kirk was been a cadet, then Khan and the rest of his "supermen" are still floating around out there, on the Botany Bay.

In the TOS series, we saw a matured and experienced Captain Kirk barely best Khan. Cadet freshly appointed Captain Kirk in the new series should be no match for Khan by himself. The producers could reintroduce Khan in a number of ways, including someone else finding Khan's sleeper ship first.

Well, if the reboot really did happen right when Kirk was been a cadet, then Khan and the rest of his "supermen" are still floating around out there, on the Botany Bay.

In the TOS series, we saw a matured and experienced Captain Kirk barely best Khan. Cadet freshly appointed Captain Kirk in the new series should be no match for Khan by himself. The producers could reintroduce Khan in a number of ways, including someone else finding Khan's sleeper ship first.

At the same time, we do have Spock Prime who was there when Khan was bested twice. His insight could be useful.

• 2 months later...

I thought the reboot was really good. I think the franchise is in good hands.

I wish they could do a good TV show. Said this before...put it in a time where the galaxy is at total war. I know Roddenberry's thing was that the future was supposed to look like we have something bright coming. But that could be the goal of a whole series....trying to end this war that is tearing everything apart.

I thought the reboot was really good. I think the franchise is in good hands.

I wish they could do a good TV show. Said this before...put it in a time where the galaxy is at total war. I know Roddenberry's thing was that the future was supposed to look like we have something bright coming. But that could be the goal of a whole series....trying to end this war that is tearing everything apart.

Yeah, they did that, it was called Deep Space 9.

Should have followed along then Buford. Because China was absolutely correct. Last couple of seasons of DS9,just about most of the known Galaxy was at war. And no families were on the ships,(maybe on DS9 at times. Depending who was controlling it at the time of course). In other words,been done. Doesn't mean they can't do it a bit differently,but it has been done.

Should have followed along then Buford. Because China was absolutely correct. Last couple of seasons of DS9,just about most of the known Galaxy was at war. And no families were on the ships,(maybe on DS9 at times. Depending who was controlling it at the time of course). In other words,been done. Doesn't mean they can't do it a bit differently,but it has been done.

my bad...I had no idea. Was it any good?

First off, I am a huge fan of the original Star Trek....Never got into Next Generation or any of the other crap though, and couldn't tolerate the movie they put out recently.

So my interest level is running pretty low, but I really don't think they're going to rehash Khan again.

I wish science fiction fans would come to realize that the days of Star Trek or Star Wars being remotely authentic have long since past.

Do yourself a favor and watch Farscape already. The only drawback is that you'll find newer science fiction material to be blandly written and unoriginal in most respects.

Which, judging on this thread, may not be a bad thing for the box office. Its all about hype and explosions now, by design, and that's what seems to sell tickets.

thank you for sharing this.....I had no idea. Who was the main enemy? The battle scene looked like it was the main races from Star Trek together vs. some new/different one. They came through the wormhole?

Okay. Hold on here. :geek: There we go. All of the above. The main enemy was the Dominion. Hence the name of the story line of the series at the time. Dominion War. The Dominion was from the Delta Quadrant and was made up of several different races of beings from that area of the Galaxy. They were led by Odo's race of Changelings. During that time,just about everybody was against everybody at one time or the other. Like I said. I liked it.

I'm with you, PCS. For a TV series, the DS9 war and the Babylon 5 OK Corral were the best of genre. Of course, on a smaller scale, the BSG vs Ceylons was good stuffs.

Yeah. Agreed. Some great stuff there. I'm finding myself drawn to these battle scenes now. :)

Oh and here. :D

Glad they're not going with Khan. Goes against what they're trying to do with these movies imho. I've watched the movie again and as I have watched it a couple of times,it's begun to really grow on. Hoping they keep going with the different direction,but still keep some constants in there. Anxious for #2.

Archived