Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Archie Manning doubts that Peyton and Andrew Luck want to be teammates

SkinsHokieFan

What I have been saying for weeks. Luck and Manning will NOT be on the same team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/archie-manning-doubts-that-peyton-and-andrew-luck-want-to-be-teammates/

Peyton Manning has said that, by March, his future in Indianapolis will become apparent. As the Colts close in on the ability to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, Archie Manning has provided the first tangible evidence to suggest that a divorce is coming.

Specifically, Archie doesn’t believe that Peyton and Luck will want to be teammates in Indianapolis.

“I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio’s Zakk & Jack Show on Tuesday. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player . . . he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too. . . .

“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. . . . I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”

Click link for rest

Just a feeling I have, but i think the Colts trade out of #1 overall and roll with Peyton for another couple years. Assuming he's healthy by March of course.

The next question is, what is the value of that pick if Barkley, RG3, and Landry Jones come out and perform well in pre draft workouts?

What if nobody is willing to give the Colts a kings ransom?

Just a feeling I have, but i think the Colts trade out of #1 overall and roll with Peyton for another couple years. Assuming he's healthy by March of course.

I hope so. I'd rather not see Luck on the Colts. I want him to go to a real ****ty team and make them really good. Someone like Cleveland, although I don't know if they'll stick with McCoy or not. Either way I'd rather have RGIII >>>> anyone else anyways.

The next question is, what is the value of that pick if Barkley, RG3, and Landry Jones come out and perform well in pre draft workouts?

What if nobody is willing to give the Colts a kings ransom?

I don't know about barkley and jones. I guess if they end up with a top 15 grade on most teams boards that is a game changer. But in my mind right now, its just Luck and rg3 as the real prizes in this draft.

I could see someone trading up to #1 for Luck and someone else trading up to #2 for both of those guys. How crazy would that be to see unfold on draft day? You would just have to pray that one of those teams is us.

No surprise to read that, thanks all the same SHF. Aside from Peyton, if your Andrew Luck knowing your THAT good, are you gona be happy sitting for the first 3 or 4 years of your pro career? SERIOUSLY?

With the news last week that Peyton's neck has stabilized and he's stepping up his rehab, it just reconfirmed to me at least that the Colts will begin their own rebuild by getting all they can for the golden ticket of that first round pick.

Hail.

If the redskins could land Andrew Luck if I was them I would do it.This team has not had a franchise QB in DECADES!!!!!!!!!! But if not I would stay away from BARLKLY and Jones. If they could get Brandon Weeden and a later pick I believe could be a good steal even with his age. If not LUCK than they need to fix this O-LINE.

If the redskins could land Andrew Luck if I was them I would do it.This team has not had a franchise QB in DECADES!!!!!!!!!! But if not I would stay away from BARLKLY and Jones. If they could get Brandon Weeden and a later pick I believe could be a good steal even with his age. If not LUCK than they need to fix this O-LINE.

its not Luck or bust ya know. I have been hearing just as good if not better about Griffen

Trade Chris Cooley for Peyton and something else. Peyton if healthy plays four more years and can be quickly brought up to speed. IF that is the choice and they want a boat load for Luck. If not stay put and draft RG3.

Nobody in the NFL would even give us a 5th round pick for Cooley, but I get your fan homerism so it's a pass.

They are idiots if they do that. You have a chance of the next Manning; you take it.
Yup. And I think a neck injury is too much of a risk to keep Manning.

---------- Post added December-7th-2011 at 01:31 AM ----------

My question is why aren't the colts saying to archie who gives a **** what you think..why do the Mannings feel they can consistantly hold any team hostage?
He's just looking out for the best interests of his son. It's pretty smart, actually. He's throwing it out there that his son isn't gonna want to be in Indy if they draft Luck. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Archived