Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Is With These Dog Games On Monday Night?

DM72

Is it just me but has their been some unappealing matchups on Monday Night this year? This week it's the Chargers/Jags and next week we have the Rams/Seahawks. I understand that the Sunday Night game has replaced the Monday Night game as the game of the week, but it has got to the point where the Monday Night game, half the time, isn't even good.

When Thursday Night football becomes an every week thing, be prepared for Browns/Cards type games.

Is it just me but has their been some unappealing matchups on Monday Night this year? This week it's the Chargers/Jags and next week we have the Rams/Seahawks. I understand that the Sunday Night game has replaced the Monday Night game as the game of the week, but it has got to the point where the Monday Night game, half the time, isn't even good.

When Thursday Night football becomes an every week thing, be prepared for Browns/Cards type games.

the nfl is thinking about making thursday night games an every week thing?

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 10:55 PM ----------

Isn't this the 2nd time Jacksonville has been on MNF or was the Ravens game SNF? Two prime time games for this boring team is absurd.

that was indeed a thursday night game. the jaguars won that game, surprisingly.

Is it just me, or did this garbage start when they moved the show to ESPN. I don't remember crappy matchup like this when they played on ABC.

Of course that's when it happened. Think about it a little. If you had to rank the NFL's opportunity for single-game viewership between (a) 1 PM games on Fox/CBS, (B) 4 PM games on Fox/CBS, © 8 PM games on NFL network, (d) 8 PM games on ESPN, and (e) 8 PM games on NBC what would the end result look like?

Probably e, b, a, d, c if you're going from highest to lowest.

I don't know but I absolutely can not listen to Gruden anymore. He is beyond stupid and makes me want to drill 1/4" holes into my ears, fill them with quick setting epoxy and cap them in cement. Also, I think it sucks the game is on ESPN, I can't stand that channel and I don't even have it. Just turribul.

I don't know but I absolutely can not listen to Gruden anymore. He is beyond stupid and makes me want to drill 1/4" holes into my ears, fill them with quick setting epoxy and cap them in cement. Also, I think it sucks the game is on ESPN, I can't stand that channel and I don't even have it. Just turribul.

So you hate Gruden, but you don't have the channel so have no idea what he says. :ols:

Ok, thats real.

So you hate Gruden, but you don't have the channel so have no idea what he says. :ols:

Ok, thats real.

I've watched it before...derp.:pfft:

I usually stream it for awhile and hope the game is good, I either shut it down when I can't stand the game anymore, or I can't stand the commentary. Usually the commentary gets to me first.

lol, the people who made the sched were sold on blaine gabbert.
Nope. That's not it at all. They didn't count on the Chargers sucking so bad this year. Plus the Jags still have MJD.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 12:58 AM ----------

Gruden is actually pretty knowledgeable about the game. He's anything BUT stupid. If you don't like the guy, that's one thing. But try to get your facts correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if MNF is added to Flex scheduling the next time the contract comes back up for negotiation. Obviously due to travel concerns the decision will have to be made earlier than the SNF decisions, but I'm sure they could figure something out.

Remember when the crappy games were on Sunday night on ESPN. They moved those to Monday night on ESPN. Just because ESPN tries to package it as Monday Night Football doesn't mean it's Monday Night football.

Exactly. Monday Night Football used to be an event. You'd block off your evening to watch it. You'd beg your mom to stay up late and watch the first half (or the whole game if the 'Skins were on). Say what you will about Madden, but he sure beats that drama queen Jaws and THIS IS A GUY RIGHT HEEEERE Gruden.

Cable, at least for the NFL, still seems to be minor league. The best games are virtually always on broadcast TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if MNF is added to Flex scheduling the next time the contract comes back up for negotiation. Obviously due to travel concerns the decision will have to be made earlier than the SNF decisions, but I'm sure they could figure something out.

I'd like to see that. 4-7 SD at 3-8 Jax? I watched Dexter Sunday night recording and a Tom Petty recorded concert last night.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 12:46 PM ----------

Gruden stole "Watch This" from Paul McGuire. I can't stand Gruden. Motor mouth know it all. Jaws is at least a little subdued (when his not cussing on live TV-haha) and is intelligent. Tirico is boring.

John Gruden used to be a psychopath on the sidelines. Now he's a ***** who has nothing but glowing praise and kind words for everyone. If it were up to him, there would be 856 players in the Pro Bowl and everyone would get a trophy for being so special.

The reason the owners dropped the 18 game season for now anyway, is they agree to expand Thursday night football to a full season.

I read on PFT yesterday that they have almost reached an extension until 2021 with the rest of the Netwrorks: Fox,CBS,NBC. They already did a similar extension with ESPN.

Unless the Skins are on, I rarely even watch MNF. I am more inclined to watch SNF.

I hope TBS/TNT get the first 8 Thursdays games whenever they do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived