Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we going to resign Davis?

Bleed B&G

Looks like Sleepy Fred is done.

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=447

$ 9.95 :doh: He def aint coming back

I wish we could trust him and give him an extension but that would just be dumb business. I'd try to give him a 1 year deal and tell him to prove himself. Then we could talk about a possible extension.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 12:51 PM ----------

FD83 should be resigned, and the Skins should pay him as a top tight end. However, they should also insert a clause in his contract that requires FD83 to repay the entire signing bonus and voids the contract if he is suspended again for a drug infraction. The clause should be a deal-breaker for the Skins. Let him walk if he doesn't agree to it. Treat him like an adult and let him be responsible for himself; if he screws up then he pays, if he stays clean or doesn't get caught then he should be paid the money he's worth.

Same for Williams when he is up for his next contract.

I'm not a lawyer or agent or anything but their is no way his agent would let him sign a contract saying he would give back guarented money if he fails 1 more drug test. I would love that if it was possible tho. I just don't think that would happen.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 12:51 PM ----------

I'm not a lawyer or agent or anything but their is no way his agent would let him sign a contract saying he would give back guarented money if he fails 1 more drug test. I would love that if it was possible tho. I just don't think that would happen.

I wasn't sure if an agent would let him sign that either. That's why I would just put it out there and let Davis make the choice if he wants to or not. Let him walk if he refuses.

Davis is coming back and skins have options to allow him to prove he wants to play football.

Sensible thing to do. I wonder what they're gonna do with Dirty30. You think they may try to do like a sign & trade to get something back for him. Or do you think they may want him back?

I am sure we will find out the day after our last game, i am sure the FO will either make him an offer or send him on his way personally i hope we keep him, i believe he is redeemable it was only weed not like he was mainlineing or anything like that same with Williams we need to keep him too

again if they are our best offensive weapons, then we might as well let them go.., that we aint winning with them, we can sure as hell lose just as well without them, what good is it to sign davis if he gets caught again, say in preseaon next year?? he's gone for the entire season,trade him let someone else have his immature azz..he is the 3rd best te in the league, but he is our no 1 rcvr.thats says alot about the lack of good wide outs that we have, not so much as to how good davis is,,,he just gets alot more balls thrown to him than most of the other te's in the league,cause we dont have a wide out worth a crap...and what part of trade dont you understand???

Right because getting rid of them instantly makes us better. Hell, let's get rid of Rakpo as well cause based off your own logic "were not winning with em" LOL This aint Madden dawg. Where did you get that stat from that FD83 was targeted more than any TE in the NFl? I advised you to go back and check the stats again

NE's RG was targeted 90 times, JG-NO was targeted 112, JW Dallas was targeted 92 times. Meanwhile FD83 has only been targeted 88 times F.Y.I

dueces

yeah and williams isnt a free agent is he?(we are talking about just davis on this thread, but i would trade both of them, they are not worth the risk anymore) They both got 4 games and the next time either one of them gets caught its a year.. Why give the a- hole a big contract and take the chance of him getting caught and losing an entire season? Trade his dumb ass and let someone else worry about it..

So again, you want to trade a guy who is about to be a Free Agent.

And here I thought we got rid of Vinny. :doh:

It's this same type of logic why the Redskins are always sitting at 5-11 LOL! Don't resign the NFL's 3rd best TE! We are only a team that has none,to very little stars on offense. Great decision. Let your best offensive play maker walk for absolutely nothing... well that's just great. (sarcasm) SMGDH Oh not to mention he's also young too. We should also not resign Young , Paulsen , PR ,either next season. Let your young and best offensive weapons walk for absolutely nothing in return.. Yeah, that will really make us contenders in the future.

So allow Davis to go so he could sign on with another team and shine, while we are left wondering how we're going to fill that void? Naw man, thats backwards logic there. What you do as LL56 implied that they will do, is perhaps franchise him to a 1 yr to see if he's learned his lesson.

So allow Davis to go so he could sign on with another team and shine, while we are left wondering how we're going to fill that void? Naw man, thats backwards logic there. What you do as LL56 implied that they will do, is perhaps franchise him to a 1 yr to see if he's learned his lesson.

Chill dude I'm with you! I was being sarcastic answering a fans question about why we should not sign him. Notice how I said that "3rd best TE in the NFL"

I'll bet you see Fred packaged with Trent in a move to get Luck!!! They are now tradeworthy without much backlash from the fans...and great trade bait1

I dont know what fans you are talking about... but I know Id be ready to riot! Bring in luck with the worst offensive line in the league, Brilliant!

its his OLD number! They are just clearing house..... nothing to see here. Freddy D will be back.
Thanks guys. Didn't spot that. Well at least he still has a chance. Hopefully he we can find a way to keep him cause lets face it. We need offensive weapons in a major way. We can't afford to lose our best 1 for nothing

Oh the irony of avatars . . .

Anyway, I don't think that Shanahan lives under a rock. If you've known since November of 2009 that this was going to be your team, then you'd know what everyone's pros and cons are. That includes standing with the league, and in this case, suspensions. I believe in the Shanaplan. He knows a hell of a lot more than I do and is a crap ton smarter than for what most of the, well, everyone gives him credit.

Oh, and, nitpick: Re-sign. A player no longer plays once he resigns. :)

So again, you want to trade a guy who is about to be a Free Agent.

And here I thought we got rid of Vinny. :doh:

im sorry is there a law that says you cant trade someone who is about to become a free agent??? just yesterday the hornets were trying to unload paul so as to not get nothing for him..not saying that the skins couldnt resign davis, but trade before he becomes a fa. and get something for him, instead of sweating out every drug test he goes thru.williams too..he isnt worth the risk..plus he shows he doesnt care about his teammates, team or fans, maybe if he had only failled 1 test that would be a different story, but, he knew the test were coming and didnt give a ****, so trade him..

im sorry is there a law that says you cant trade someone who is about to become a free agent??? just yesterday the hornets were trying to unload paul so as to not get nothing for him..not saying that the skins couldnt resign davis, but trade before he becomes a fa. and get something for him, instead of sweating out every drug test he goes thru.williams too..he isnt worth the risk..plus he shows he doesnt care about his teammates, team or fans, maybe if he had only failled 1 test that would be a different story, but, he knew the test were coming and didnt give a ****, so trade him..

Just stop...you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The trade deadline for this season has passed, so there is no way to trade him until the offseason. And in the offseason, HE WON'T BE UNDER CONTRACT.

Maybe we should try and trade DeSean Jackson this offseason too...:doh:

Just stop...you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The trade deadline for this season has passed, so there is no way to trade him until the offseason. And in the offseason, HE WON'T BE UNDER CONTRACT.

Maybe we should try and trade DeSean Jackson this offseason too...:doh:

Actually, he is a Restricted Free Agent (if I'm not mistaken). So we will be able to match offers. And if not, we'll receive compensation back, usually a draft pick where he signs. So it is a little more risky for a team to approach him becuase we have the chance to match or get picks in return.

thing is if we get a franchise QB, which we never have had in years. a capable TE will look damn good. A franchise QB allows for average players to be better than who they really are.

And you point is what? Get rid of a already GOOD te for nothing? To see if a "GOOD Qb" can make a an average TE look good? It isn't like were talking trading him, you're basically saying cut him loose to make another team better. Hopefully FD will resign within the division. it'll be funny to see FD kicking our ass twice a year considering the fact that we drafted him, groomed him, then released him. When he's one of the best TE in the game currently. Great logic! It's this same type of logic that make us the laughing stock on the NFl. Hearing some of the dumbest things ever from fans I really do wonder why Vinny wasn't looked at as a god by some of you fans? Considering that some of you are making decisions like the Vinmaster him self LMMFAO

Davis is an unrestricted free agent, not a restricted free agent. If he walks, he walks for free.

Then you can't trade him.

I think what terry doesn't understand is that no one can be traded immediately after the season; that would effectively make free agency completely pointless. No one can be traded until the new league year begins, and when the new league year begins, everyone who's eligible becomes an unrestricted free agent. So no, we can't trade Davis. That's why the trade deadline exist; once it's past week 6 of any given season, you have to wait until March when the new league year begins to be able to trade players again. You can sign anyone who gets cut or who's contract lapses, you can franchise tag players in advance of the new league year beginning, but you can not trade players.

Archived