Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we going to resign Davis?

Bleed B&G

Until the DEA says otherwise, it's an illegal drug. FD and TW I'm sure were aware of that. I never was much of a pill-popping dope freak and perhaps that is what influences my stance on the issue. Not saying it should or should not be illegal, but at least acknowedging that it is. I did say "jail," not prison. If they disagree with the law, they should get it changed, but until then they knowingly violated the law.

I'm also not a "pill popping dope freak". Rotting in jail just seemed way too extreme to me.

To each his own I guess....

We'll re-sign him.

I don't feel good that 2 of our best, young players are obviously really stupid. repeat offenders? Are you freakin serious? Trent is in his second year and he is already a "repeat" offender? Good god..

Everyone has their own opinion but the fact of the matter is, you shouldn't be doing it if you value your career and the millions of dollars you're going to make. Yes they're young but that's no excuse, everyone in the NFL was young at one point. I'm just glad this year is garbage otherwise I'd be really upset. If I fail a drug test at my job then I'm terminated... these guys better realize how lucky they are and grow up.

I think they resign him. He's become the "go-to" guy when you need a big play. All we need is for a WR to step up and more consistency on the line and a new QB will have fun behind center (especially with Helu in the backfield). I definitely say they should offer him the money he is worth as if he didnt smoke weed, but have some sort of safety net if he gets suspended because he's an idiot. It's one thing to owe a guy money who gets hurt, but if he gets suspended again for weed, he should be somehow financially hit in the butt. Not only lose money for the games he misses, but owe an added penalty. And it should also be a trigger so that the Skins can opt out of his contract. Essentially, If he's an idiot, they can elect to cut him at no penalty. Maybe that's a dream world scenario, but you get the idea.

Unless he comes in at an incredibly cap friendly figure, I hope not. Finley is a free agent too. He will most likely be coming off his second super bowl victory and be looking for a big pay day. Much rather give the money to someone who isn't a positive drug test away from a 16 game suspension.

Unless he comes in at an incredibly cap friendly figure, I hope not. Finley is a free agent too. He will most likely be coming off his second super bowl victory and be looking for a big pay day. Much rather give the money to someone who isn't a positive drug test away from a 16 game suspension.

Davis has more catches and yards, and Rex Grossman is his QB. Not to mention, he'll be cheaper and he's homegrown.

I hope we don't. He's one test away from a year off. He's played well in a contract year, but knowing it's a contract year couldn't not smoke dope. That tells me everything you need to know about the guy's character. He let himself down, the fans down, but most importantly his teammates down. He also is not a great pass blocker. He also will probably demand a contract that pays him like a leader and he is not a leader. You don't give guys like him big money, sorry.

I hope we don't. He's one test away from a year off. He's played well in a contract year, but knowing it's a contract year couldn't not smoke dope. That tells me everything you need to know about the guy's character. He let himself down, the fans down, but most importantly his teammates down. He also is not a great pass blocker. He also will probably demand a contract that pays him like a leader and he is not a leader. You don't give guys like him big money, sorry.

nothing against you, personally, but I've hung with Davis a few times... he's actually a good, humbled guy. I know the doping doesn't help or make it seem like it but he's real chill and down to earth, doesn't carry a big crowd with him. He's an asset to this team. Yea, it sucks and he should have known better but Freddy D. is a chill guy and overall has good character.

I still say we re-sign him. The dude is too talented and young. If we let him walk, a team like Carolina picks him up, he ends up in the probowl, and we're crying our eyes out in regret. Nope, i'm sure Freddie, Shanny, and Bruce will have a "meeting of the minds" to hash all of this out.

nothing against you, personally, but I've hung with Davis a few times... he's actually a good, humbled guy. I know the doping doesn't help or make it seem like it but he's real chill and down to earth, doesn't carry a big crowd with him. He's an asset to this team. Yea, it sucks and he should have known better but Freddy D. is a chill guy and overall has good character.

Correct as I have met him a few times. Problem is he is really immature.

People need to understand what maturity means and what bad character means.

Three time loser with THC in his body! I would trade Williams and Davis and try and pick up a 1st for Williams and a 2nd rounder for Davis. There are a lot of athletic TE's coming out and Cooley will be back next year. We need a QB, LT, RT, G, S, CB, and another TE. The risk now is that they will have a one year suspension if caught again. It is not worth the risk.

Three time loser with THC in his body! I would trade Williams and Davis and try and pick up a 1st for Williams and a 2nd rounder for Davis. There are a lot of athletic TE's coming out and Cooley will be back next year. We need a QB, LT, RT, G, S, CB, and another TE. The risk now is that they will have a one year suspension if caught again. It is not worth the risk.

This isn't Madden, man. We would not get anywhere near enough in return to make trading them worth it, not to mention that it's already too late to trade Davis. Any time you try to unload a player due to character issues his value on the trading block tends to plummet (see: Santonio Holmes going to NY for a 5th round pick). We'd do better to just assume the risk and hope these guys learn their lesson.

Get rid of our two top offensive and young talents and start all over... brilliant! SMH... Might want to dump Landry too then, cus Im sure he's going to be caught for HGH.

Is this a joke?

You think these two, who are about to receive a lot of bad press and you admittedly don't even want on your team, are worth a first and second round pick respectively? They're two cornerstones on offense that are more valuable to us than any other team. There is no point in trading them. It's not even possible to trade Davis. The trade deadline is passed, and he is about to be a free agent.

Shanny will get them in line, and they won't fail another test. You can't let either of them go.

EDIT: And a sign-and-trade is not realistic either.

I see your point, but he let a lot of people down and hopefully he's not a leader on this team until he matures.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 01:27 PM ----------

I still say we re-sign him. The dude is too talented and young. If we let him walk, a team like Carolina picks him up, he ends up in the probowl, and we're crying our eyes out in regret. Nope, i'm sure Freddie, Shanny, and Bruce will have a "meeting of the minds" to hash all of this out.

I think we will too, since this league is really turning into a two-stud tight end league.

Archived