Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: New security procedure starts at the Jets game at FedEx field.

SiestaBob

According to the Washington Post, Fans entering the stadium will now be checked by a hand-held metal detector wand. This is a new NFL policy. Fans will be required to remove keys, change, cell phones and other metal objects from their pockets before they are screened by security workers. It is expected to take slightly longer to enter the stadium. Again, this is a new NFL policy.

------------------

ES Staff Appended Edit:

We should have posted this earlier - our apologies...

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

Dec. 2, 2011

HAND-HELD METAL-DETECTING WANDS TO BE USED AT ALL REDSKINS GAMES STARTING THIS SUNDAY

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today in accordance with a new NFL policy, Redskins security teams will now start using hand-held metal-detecting wands to screen fans entering FedExField. The increased security system will be implemented at all gates starting with the game between the Redskins and Jets on Sunday, Dec. 4.

The same security lines that have previously existed will be utilized at all gates, but the addition of the wands may result in a slightly longer entry process. Fans are encouraged to arrive to the stadium earlier than usual to allow ample time for getting through security.

“The enhanced security system is part of the continued and comprehensive effort to ensure safety for all fans at FedExField,” said Tony Wyllie, Redskins Senior Vice President. “Using metal-detecting wands is less invasive and fans won’t have to unzip or remove clothes in colder weather.”

The hand-held metal-detecting wands will also effectively check for items fans should not be bringing into the stadium. Fans will need to remove their keys, change, cell phones and other metal materials from their pockets that may set off the wand.

If someone attacks a stadium it will not be from within.If someone wants a large amount of easy prey they will go to a mall on a weekend day or subway at rush hour

I think the measure is to protect fans from other fans not from terrorist

If someone attacks a stadium it will not be from within.If someone wants a large amount of easy prey they will go to a mall on a weekend day or subway at rush hour

that makes 0 sense. a stadium has a far more impact than any of those. 9/11 was 3 thousand folks. Fedex is 90K. do you realize what would happen if this were to happen?

that makes 0 sense. a stadium has a far more impact than any of those. 9/11 was 3 thousand folks. Fedex is 90K. do you realize what would happen if this were to happen?

What would happen if this were to happen if it happened?

Also, does this mean no more pat downs, as they say it will be "less invasive?"

Actually that would be great. It would mean security's job is to keep out knives, guns, and tasers, instead of their current job, which is making sure nobody is smuggling food Into the stadium.

I've always thought it was funny they used the wands at Wizards games and not Caps games. The whole security check at all sporting events is a joke. It is not for security at all. It is called booze/food check to take more of your money check.

Then they should have started this for the Eagles game then. ;)

I went to skins games for 20yrs and only once did i see a weapon, a drunk Philly fan pulled a knife on a skins fan. About 8 people jumped him and took the knife away. If ik am not m ikstaken other Philly fans helped in taking him out

What a joke. The US has turned into Baghdad now?

How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.

Thomas Jefferson

Good grief, :ols: It's not a big deal unless people make it a big deal. A couple swipes, and it's over. A common sense measure for the times we live in. Doesn't mean we are headed for full cavity searches all around.

The same people who complain about invasive searches and/or our heading toward a "police state" will be the first to sue Snyder if they get cut or shot during the game.

"How could security let this happen, it's their job to keep us safe" :rolleyes:

Gee, thanks :obvious:

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 01:36 AM ----------

A good game to start it, with those dirty, scumbag Jets fans

:ols:

Then they should have started this for the Eagles game then. ;)

I believe he was being sarcastic. :)

I've always thought it was funny they used the wands at Wizards games and not Caps games. The whole security check at all sporting events is a joke. It is not for security at all. It is called booze/food check to take more of your money check.

The only time I was ever asked to empty my pockets at an arena football game just happened to be the week after I posted some unflattering footage of the previous game on youtube entitled "Mike Potts, worst QB in the AFL". They didnt check pockets again the rest of the season. A few months later I went to a sold out Capitals-Lightning playoff game in the same arena and hardly got glanced at. I get full body scanned literally every time I fly out of Tampa now and last time I flew out of Atlantic City, NJ they forced me to get a full pat down, didnt even have the option of getting irradiated by the scanner. I'm tired of all of it and I will never feel any safer one way or another. Perhaps if they made it more publicized if/when they catch something I might be more convinced.

Considering how completely violated we get at airports, I'll put up with a simple wand for the Redskins but I still don't have to be happy about it.

Archived