Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Injury Report - Week 13

Mark The Homer

Looks like Landry is being re-signed on the cheap.

I'm upset that Young won't be in with all of the concussion worries. Would like to see Paul out there, too.

Remember Week 3 when we were so happy that we'd avoided the injury bug?

I highly doubt Landry will be a Redskin next year. Cheap or not (which he won't be) I don't want a guy on our team that is going to be listed on the injury report every single week, play 8 games of the season, and always be just an average safety.

I highly doubt Landry will be a Redskin next year. Cheap or not (which he won't be) I don't want a guy on our team that is going to be listed on the injury report every single week, play 8 games of the season, and always be just an average safety.

To each his own. Didn't mean to hijack the thread with the first response. :(

If Landry doesn't fit in the franchise's budget, so to speak, I think you let him walk based on not only the injury issues but the fact that the defense is improving across the front seven. That's where games are won on the defensive side of the ball. A guy like Landry is closer to Bob Sanders than Troy Polamalu. One has proven to be an impact safety (comlimenting an already stout front 7) and a perennial pro bowler. The other was a flash in the pan for a couple of years and couldn't stay healthy. Landry is the kind of guy that if you can keep him on the cheap, he could be a nice piece to a defense that should be pretty damn good in 2012. If he wants too much money, you gotta let him walk. My :2cents:

What do some of you think Landry will ask for? He really does not have a lot to bargain with. He has yet to make a pro bowl (maybe as an alternate) and has been unhealthy the last two seasons. I do not see how he can ask for Reed or Troy type money.

I hope we are able to get him back on a fair deal.

Archived