Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should School Lunch Be Free To Everyone?

DM72

My answer is yes. Most education is subpar and they could certainly do with alot less modern day BS/uselessnes in classroom. Pay for the lunch instead and do more teaching with less.

What? I'm not sure what this means... Do more teaching with less... Less what?

Yeah, because the only two alternatives are crap and 5 star dining. yep you got it nailed down there.

Answer the question. What do you suggest? You do understand, bettter quality means higher pay for the people prepairing it.

What? I'm not sure what this means... Do more teaching with less... Less what?

There's a lot of money spent on unnecessary technology. Do we need a thousand laptops when there are already several computer labs? Do we need friggin smartboards with projectors in every classroom when regular cheap whiteboards do the trick?

There's a lot of money spent on unnecessary technology. Do we need a thousand laptops when there are already several computer labs? Do we need friggin smartboards with projectors in every classroom when regular cheap whiteboards do the trick?

Who has these things?

No. Parents should have the right to send kids to school with the kind of food they want their kids to eat. No guarantee they will eat it but it certainly isn't going to help if it's free lunch either. Schools do not serve decent food on purpose. It's a revenue center for the school systems around the country. It's not as if this is going to change any time soon. If you are in support of raising taxes on the 1%, why then would you want to give their kids free food?

To be fair, they offer salads and healthier choices, but most kids don't want that.

To be fair my kids don't want their vegetables at home either, but guess what...they're kids they'll eat what you give them when they are hungry...IMO as long as the public is supplying the food in public schools then the schools have a responsibility to do what is BEST for the students, not to give into what kids want....because guess what they're kids, if you ask them they'll have cookies and cupcakes for lunch every day.

No. Parents should have the right to send kids to school with the kind of food they want their kids to eat. No guarantee they will eat it but it certainly isn't going to help if it's free lunch either. Schools do not serve decent food on purpose. It's a revenue center for the school systems around the country. It's not as if this is going to change any time soon. If you are in support of raising taxes on the 1%, why then would you want to give their kids free food?

Good point. Hard to get your kid to eat his healthy lunch when he can toss it in the garbage and grab fries, pizza, and chocolate milk for free. (that's what they used to serve us on Fridays, not sure what it's like today)

Good point. Hard to get your kid to eat his healthy lunch when he can toss it in the garbage and grab fries, pizza, and chocolate milk for free. (that's what they used to serve us on Fridays, not sure what it's like today)

You get fries, pizza and chocolate milk every day. You can substitute the pizza for a daily "meal", usually something like chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, hamburgers etc.* Ugh I still remember the pungent greasy smell of the cafeteria.

*This is for Fairfax County Public Schools

To be fair, they offer salads and healthier choices, but most kids don't want that.

To be fair, who gives a **** if the kids want to eat pizza and hotdogs every day for lunch? I'm sure plenty of kids would love to stock up on soda and candy for lunch. You know how to make them choose healthy options? Don't give them unhealthy alternatives.

It's not that difficult to serve more healthy foods in an easily accessible way.

edit: ASF beat me to the punch.

You get fries, pizza and chocolate milk every day. You can substitute the pizza for a daily "meal", usually something like chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, hamburgers etc.* Ugh I still remember the pungent greasy smell of the cafeteria.

*This is for Fairfax County Public Schools

We didn't have pizza every day but it's vegetable now so I guess that's an improvement.

usausa-pizza-is-a-vegetable-dealwithit.jpg

Archived