Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Game ever!

Rodskins

I just wanted to give a shout out to fellow Redskins fans. I was offered two tickets to the Skins vs the Pats game on the 11th. I have never been to a regular season game, as I just never had the money, so this is a great opportunity for me. I started a family at a young age, and money is always too tight. Anyway, as I have been a Redskin's fan for almost 30 years, I'm pretty excited this morning. I just got the offer a couple of hours ago. The only catch is that I have to pay for parking. Could you guys tell me how much that would be? Trying to figure out how much money I would need for the day for food and parking. Thanks everyone, and GO SKINS!!!

That is awesome ! nothing like being in the stadium, the energy, the excitment you just can't beat it. Those who say the best seat in the house is in front of your tv at home havn't ever been to a live game. I just went to the Dallas / Skins game a couple weeks ago, one of the best games I've ever attended even though Dallas ended up win'in. Parking pass, in the green parking lot ran me about 60.00 bucks. And the green parking lot isn't tht far from the staidum. food adn drink for 3 of us ran about 70.00 bucks, at hooters, wings, two beers ea. not to bad for staidum prices that is. But GO, enjoy, be loud, come out without a voice, and hav a blast. HTTR !!!

I may be going to that game under similar circumstances. Free tickets ;)

I've done my research on where the ES tailgate takes place, but is it always a pretty big tailgate? Is the parking situation the same if you're gonna hang at the tailgate, or are you planning a nice long walk to the stadium anyhow?

either way, can't wait.

If $$$ is an issue - COME EARLY and tailgate.

The correct strategy is cook/bring a bunch of food, and pig out before the game. That way you don't need to eat overpriced slop inside Fed Ex. You can try to smuggle some food in, but crotch it. They are patting people down pretty good these days because god forbid you bring in some sausage you cooked outside. It's got nothing to do with security and everything to do with padding Snyder's profits.

As far as parking, expect to pay $20-35 in the cash lots.

COME EARLY. Plan to be there at no later than 11 or things will get complicated.

Rodskins ... awesome. There's no feeling like the energy of the fans in the stadium.

Cash lot ... the Red lot on Arena Drive (across from the church) is $35. If you are trying to get to the ES tailgate in Green E-43, I'm not sure if any cash lots exist along Redskins Road ... (what is now the Copper Lot used to be a $25 lot). MarkTheHomer has an awesome "Everything You Wanted to Know About FedEx Field" thread which should confirm that.

You definitely want to get there early. The FedEx Field maintained lots (Purple, Orange, Green, Gray, Copper) open four hours before kickoff; I've seen the Red cash lot open as early as five hours before ... (the church made the old red lots 4, 5, and 10 cash parking when red and blue permit parking went away).

And, yes, best to do all your eating at the tailgate; fresher food and less costly. I lineup on Arena Drive at 0715 ... (best approach to Orange H-3) ... and put together an Egg Scramble with whoever is there; between Ted's crew and the DTC, it's a good bunch.

One more thing ... don't be in a hurry to leave. It's not uncommon for people to stick around after the game to wait out traffic. Late games are always fun to watch in the parking lot ...

hope that helps

The Cash Lot off Landover Road is $30.00. It is excellent parking, good tailgating, only a 1/2 mile walk into the stadium and very easy to get back to the interstate from. We always park there when I dont already have a parking pass I aquired from someone. Exit 17 off of I-95. The ES tailgate section is not far from the road where you walk into the stadium from this lot either.

Archived