Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is John Riggins?

Hardcore Zornography

Has anybody noticed that John Riggins seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth the last 3 weeks or so?

No TV/Radio show, no tweets, no postgame show. I can't find ANYTHING on the net or this site about it. I know he went on an anti-Shanahan rant around the same time he disappeared from the media world, but I don't remember it being anything out of the normal, or something that would have gotten him fired.

Dish Network still has his daily show on the guide, as well as his postgame show, but they always have something random like ESPNews on during those slots.

Any idea on his whereabouts?

Apparently he died and his spirit is inhabiting Brandon Jacobs body because last night when Jaobs trucked that DB and scored a touchdown, Gruden blurted out "There goes the Diesel!!!" Was I the only one annoyed by that?

we heard that...my ten year old was incredulous..."DAD!! I thought John Riggins was "The Deisel"..I'm like...".He is son..John Gruden is a loudmouth blowhard who doesn't know what he's taking about"

He's usually on WTOP for a few minutes the day after games and I did hear him Monday morning. Seemed to be pleased that the Skins were playing hard.

I also know he has that "John Riggins Show" that I sometimes see when flipping thru the channels (is it on MASN) but don't usually stop to listen to it.

Let's see -- John Riggins has a show -- LaVar has a show -- Shanny has a show (sort of) -- Cooley is on the radio, so are B-Mitch and Smoot -- seems like other former Skins should join the party -- The T.J. Duckett Show, I'd probably listen to that.

On former Skins being MIA (and this is completely unrelated to Riggo going hunting), one guy I've always wondered about is Gary Clark -- very prominent player on the Super Bowl teams but he never seems to be in the mix of Skins alumni -- I heard once that he alienated people with his temper and was never really beloved by the organization -- true?

He's prob at a bar somewhere, telling the bartender "just gimme the bottle".

OR,

He could be in "th' shed" waiting for the o-linemen to show up; a perfect "not going anywhere for awhile" snickers commercial.

OR,

He could be in some posh hotel, butt-naked with some superb freak.

Personally, I think its somewhere between 1 and 2...;)

Let's see -- John Riggins has a show -- LaVar has a show -- Shanny has a show (sort of) -- Cooley is on the radio, so are B-Mitch and Smoot -- seems like other former Skins should join the party -- The T.J. Duckett Show, I'd probably listen to that.

On former Skins being MIA (and this is completely unrelated to Riggo going hunting), one guy I've always wondered about is Gary Clark -- very prominent player on the Super Bowl teams but he never seems to be in the mix of Skins alumni -- I heard once that he alienated people with his temper and was never really beloved by the organization -- true?

i worked for bank of america back in 06/07 and i got to go to this cool thing for clients at fedex, got to play football with Bmitch and gary clark, hung out in the opposing team locker room, got a free jersey, etc. clark was a super nice guy at that function, really friendly and answered every question he was asked, definitely didnt seem like a mean guy or one of those guys that didnt wanna be there. if he has a temper it wasnt on display that day.

Clark doesn't do much in the way of media stuff (I'm not entirely sure what he's doing since his restaurant closed) but he does show up for alumni events every now and then. I've only heard good stories about interactions with Clark, not that it necessarily means anything.

Clark doesn't do much in the way of media stuff (I'm not entirely sure what he's doing since his restaurant closed) but he does show up for alumni events every now and then. I've only heard good stories about interactions with Clark, not that it necessarily means anything.

He's been at a couple of the draft parties in recent years. He's a man of the people as he wandered the concourse, greeted fans, shook hands, posed for pics. etc. He didn't just sit there behind the security of the autograph table like some alumns. I didn't actaully meet and greet him, but I could tell he was real down to Earth.

Thats because he tells it like it is. You need to face reality.

Um not really. Calling for Shanny to he fired for going with Grossman and beck? Whatever you say buddy.

He piles on just like everyone else in the media. I used to enjoy watching his show until the Anti-Shanahan propaganda started.

He is a pompous blowhard.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 11:10 AM ----------

Riggo tells it from HIS perspective and his reality. Does "facing reality" always have to mean focusing on the negative in every situation?

+1 Couldn't agree more.

Archived