Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars will be sold

RichmondRedskin88

Good to see that a fellow Paki (Pakistani) is the new owner of the team. :) It says in the BSPN story that the guy owns Flex-N-Gate, a major bumper systems manufacturer. Who knew that there would be major money in that industry.

Bumpers? Every vehicle in the world needs bumpers.

Well somebody, can't remember who - Mort, Peter King, JLC, or somebody of that nature said it wouldn't surprise them.

Thanks for talkng to me like I'm a 5th grader though.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending. I was mostly going for funny there, because I figured you were passing the "rumor" along as a joke. But whatever.

My point is, can you really see another NFL team being welcomed in Chicago? They'd NEVER generate a fanbase there, never mind the fact that it would be monumentally stupid and just plain arrogant to attempt to bring another team there anyways.

How would Kahn look to the people of Chicago, or the state of Illinois, having the balls to try to bring another team to the area he's from? That would work against, not in his favor, because as someone from that area, he should know that nothing will replace the Bears.

Its a horrible rumor that would never happen. Never, ever, ever.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending. I was mostly going for funny there, because I figured you were passing the "rumor" along as a joke. But whatever.

My point is, can you really see another NFL team being welcomed in Chicago? They'd NEVER generate a fanbase there, never mind the fact that it would be monumentally stupid and just plain arrogant to attempt to bring another team there anyways.

How would Kahn look to the people of Chicago, or the state of Illinois, having the balls to try to bring another team to the area he's from? That would work against, not in his favor, because as someone from that area, he should know that nothing will replace the Bears.

Its a horrible rumor that would never happen. Never, ever, ever.

Well, to be honest it has been proven teams fail in LA every time they go there...so, logic doesn't necessarily apply. I was kind of playing devil's advocate but I don't think it is out of the rhelm of possibility. Time will tell i guess. It seems to work for Baseball.

And "rumor" was a poor choice in words by me. I didn't hear a rumor, just an analyst said it wouldn't surprise him. I will try to locate the tweet.

The Jaguars have a lease that runs through 2029 and is next to impossible to break. It can't be bought out.

Escape clause #1 is if the team has lost money (net) in three consecutive years. This must be verified by independent auditors to ensure no creative accounting has taken place. It's next to impossible to lose money in the NFL. The Cardinals always made money even when playing in front of 35,000 fans and 37,000 empty seats at ASU. The Jags have far better revenue streams coming from every direction.

Escape clause #2 is if the stadium's upkeep isn't performed to the required level by the city, something that is no apparent issue.

So when the new owners say the team is staying, they mean it because there's no other reasonable option.

The whole thing about the Jags moving started in 2009 when 7 of 8 home games were blacked out, about a third of all NFL black outs that year. However, it was all fan and media talk. Nothing ever came from the NFL or the Jags because it isn't a realistic short term possibility.

Well, to be honest it has been proven teams fail in LA every time they go there...so, logic doesn't necessarily apply.

Common myth. The Rams were there for 50 years or so, before the team was left to the dead owner's money-whore of a daughter. With input on poor decisions, she put the team in a huge hole, and then sold to the highest bidder, who moved the team to St. Louis. None of that needed to happen.

And then you've got Al Davis' Raiders, who was never married to the area or passionate about staying there.

A team could work very well in LA.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2011 at 03:31 PM ----------

The Jaguars have a lease that runs through 2029 and is next to impossible to break. It can't be bought out.

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that it would cost $80-90 million to buy out the lease. Considering the whole idea would be to move the team to an area where it could actually make big money, that's chump change in the long run.

The Rams had a good fanbase in LA. Having poor stadiums have always been the issue. The Coliseum is in the ghetto and was/is falling apart. Anahiem Stadium was a baseball stadium converted to football. It was the city's unwilliness to come up with a better stadium for both the Rams and Raiders. Al thought LA would give him a shiny new stadium and when it never materialized, he went back to Oakland where they were always welcome.

As far as the Jags moving to Chicago, I can't see that happening. If Khan is an Illinois guy, St. Louis is close enough to Illinois, so if the Rams go back to LA, I can see him trying to buy out the remaining lease from Jacksonville and putting his team as close to Chicago as he can.

As far as the Jags moving to Chicago, I can't see that happening. If Khan is an Illinois guy, St. Louis is close enough to Illinois, so if the Rams go back to LA, I can see him trying to buy out the remaining lease from Jacksonville and putting his team as close to Chicago as he can.

This has been mentioned too. That would be crazy.

I have a hard time seeing Kroenke move the team away from Missouri though.

Archived