Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hit and Run (Reason blog): Gag Order Silences Parents of (SIX-YEAR-OLD) Boy Charged With Sexual Assault for Playing Doctor

ACW

http://reason.com/blog/2011/11/28/gag-order-silences-parents-of-boy-charge

WISC-TV, the CBS affiliate in Madison, reports that Grant County, Wisconsin, District Attorney Lisa Riniker, who charged a 6-year-old boy with first-degree sexual assault becaused he played doctor with a 5-year-old girl, has obtained a gag order that prohibits his parents, who have sued Riniker and two other county officials, from talking about the case. Iowa County Judge Bill Dyke issued the order last Monday, forcing the boy's parents to cancel a planned interview with WISC. The station spoke instead with their lawyers, who are not covered by the order:

"That behavior by a prosecutor is outrageous," said Christopher Cooper, an attorney for the boy's parents....

"She [Riniker] bypassed the parents and sent a 6-year-old boy a summons, on which is a threat that the 6-year-old will go to jail for failure to appear," Cooper said.

The attorneys said they have sought the opinion of many experts who said that children "playing doctor" is not a sex crime.

"[The experts say] a 6-year-old child is unable to intellectually and emotionally associate sexual gratification with the act that D has been accused of committing," Cooper said....

Repeated calls to Riniker and an attorney for [her] and two co-defendants have gone unanswered since Friday, WISC-TV reported.

DA Riniker and Judge Dyke should be fired and disbarred, if not imprisoned. Seriously, charging a SIX-YEAR-OLD with sexual assault, and then conveniently issuing a gag order. Oy.

Interesting tidbit, and possible motivation for the overreaching charge by the DA:

According to the complaint, the girl is "the daughter of a well-known political figure in Grant County," and her brother, who is the same age, also was involved in playing doctor but was not charged.

Projecting perversion onto children and then having a judge gag the parents of the accused. When did the primary qualifications for becoming a district attorney become "lack of conscience" and "obsession with sending as many people to jail for as long as possible guilty or otherwise"

Interesting tidbit, and possible motivation for the overreaching charge by the DA:

According to the complaint, the girl is "the daughter of a well-known political figure in Grant County," and her brother, who is the same age, also was involved in playing doctor but was not charged.

Me thinks that the "well-known political figure in Grant County" should be hung by his balls for abuse of power.

That just makes an already ugly situation uglier. I remember when the legal system was actually interested in a little thing called justice. These charges need to be dropped and there needs to be a serious investigation into the motivations behind these charges to determine why a 6 year old should be charged with a sex crime, then if it is found that the political figure used her/his political office to influence the DA and to push a prosecution then he/she ought to be charged themselves.

This is probably one of the most rediculous stories that I have heard in recent memory. If this kid is prosecuted, expect massive outrage from the public.

At 6 my niece and nephew are smarter than most adults.

They have your genes right??

If they were playing doctor, they knew what they were doing.

You show me yours and all show you mine is a very common thing kids do. Its natual to be curious about one's body and the opposite sex at a young age.

Hopefully that is not what they are up to. Lots of time to grow up.

WTF are you implying here?

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

Boy is developmentally disabled as well.

http://www.anonym.to/?http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/lawsuit-filed-by-parents-of-grant-county-boy-accused-of/article_95e9d05e-10c2-11e1-bd3c-001cc4c002e0.html

At 6 my niece and nephew are smarter than most adults.

If they were playing doctor, they knew what they were doing.

Hopefully that is not what they are up to. Lots of time to grow up.

What? Six year olds are comprehending the morality of sex now? Do you know how many kids play doctor every year... honestly, its got to be like 50% of all children any given year.

Ughh...:doh:

You guys are taking this further than I meant but it does solidify that my niece and nephew are smarter than most adults.

I love how people think morals are all true for every person.

I am simply stating that kids are curious and the smarter ones know that this is not acceptable public behavior.

You don't have to check private parts to play doctor as a child.

Teach your children and they will grow up to be young adults instead of teenage brats. :silly:

How convenient.
Projecting perversion onto children and then having a judge gag the parents of the accused. When did the primary qualifications for becoming a district attorney become "lack of conscience" and "obsession with sending as many people to jail for as long as possible guilty or otherwise"
Too long ago :(

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 02:39 PM ----------

That makes it even worse :mad:

Ughh...:doh:

You guys are taking this further than I meant but it does solidify that my niece and nephew are smarter than most adults.

It's nice that you find your niece and nephew to be charming but don't get too carried away. It's awfully obnoxious when people overestimate the relative value of their (siblings') kids.

I am simply stating that kids are curious and the smarter ones know that this is not acceptable public behavior.

Hence why it typically isn't something that happens in public.

Archived