Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holiday gift idea thread-2011

Elessar78

I say we pool our collective wisdom and help generate ideas for Xmas gifts. Frankly, I need help!

For me I've purchased so far:

-Season pass to the Children's Museum for my Sister-in-law and her family

-one of those odor-fighting running shirts for the runner in the family. It allegedly can go several runs between washing.

-one of those high-end juicers for the health conscious member

-a nice set of kitchen knives for my BIL

I was just hoping people would throw out what they've bought so far, it always seems to trigger an idea or two for me.

But if you want a specific, my mom is difficult. She's not very materialistic. We've given her gift certs in the past and they just went unused, what a waste. She says she doesn't need more stuff and I kinda agree (her house is overflowing). So an experience is good. Something she can do with the grand kids in DC.

I was just hoping people would throw out what they've bought so far, it always seems to trigger an idea or two for me.

But if you want a specific, my mom is difficult. She's not very materialistic. We've given her gift certs in the past and they just went unused, what a waste. She says she doesn't need more stuff and I kinda agree (her house is overflowing). So an experience is good. Something she can do with the grand kids in DC.

Gotcha :)

My parents are also really hard to buy for. One year my bro and I went in on a gift card from http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ which my parents eventually used towards a vacation.

I like the idea of gifts that aren't necessarily things, but more like experiences or events. So for a teenager, for example, I like the idea of a gift card to the movies and to a nearby restaurant so they can do dinner and a movie. And my general rule of thumb for gift cards is to give them only for places that you know the person already frequents/wants to frequent. I always loved movie theater gift cards, but dreaded those from bath and bodyworks.

For your mom, what about planning a trip for her and giving her a few weekends to choose from?

Archived