Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Win for Whoever" thread

Califan007 The Constipated

With all the "Suck for Luck", "Godawful for Griffin" and "Mail it in for Matt"-type threads, I can't be the only Skins fan who wants us to keep winning so that we can draft...well, whoever it is we're able to draft at whatever the hell spot we end up drafting :ols:...

So I say, let Helu ramble off five more 100-yd games...let Banks return a few kicks for TDs...let Kerrigan and Orakpo combine for 22+ sacks...let the Skins start ****ing up other team's playoff runs lol...and then let's go into the draft well-armed with picks and good scouting, and draft whoever is the best player and best fit for this team with whatever draft pick we end up having.

And if we don't end up winning, let's at least prove that we wanted to.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I already posted research that showed we have already drafted in the top 10 in the past 15 years more than any super bowl champion in the prior 15 years to them winning a ring. It fell on deaf ears.

Win and get who we get.

I agree with everything. I would love if we started winning. So many guys on this team deserve to win and for them to put their heart into it and people here to be upset they win is disgusting. Would these people go to a game and boo at the Skins if they got a game winning touchdown? We will draft wherever we are and Shanahan will find whoever it is that he wants. I'd like to see one of these guys go tell Fletcher, while he is giving his pre-game pump up speech, that we need to lose to draft a QB that has never played in the NFL.

You know which QBs fit every scheme? Good ones.

You know which ones don't fit any scheme? Bad ones.

If a QB "fits our scheme" but can't play football, we're no better off. If a QB is good but might not fit some fantasized notion of "fitting our system", you tailor that system to his strengths.

That's all I'm going to say about that!

I was not speaking about a quarterback more along the lines of drafting a player that doesn't fit the 3-4 or the zone blocking scheme. Believe me I yearn for a quarterback that's just not good but elite.

First off...Brady was a 6th round pick...in the mean time, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Secondly...be honest how many of you tilted you heads to get a better glimpse of s2thalayer's fiance in his sig and said to themselves "damn she's cute!" Well done bro, well done. :thumbsup:

First off...Brady was a 6th round pick...

Yeah, but that was the exception.

It's like the people who always bring up the dilfer/ravens situation when talking about not needing a franchise qb to win a superbowl.

Just because there's been one or two cases where there's been an exception to the rule, doesn't mean you should bank on the exception happening, in this case, someone higher than a second rounder turning in to a franchise qb.

And to the fiance thing. *raises hand* High five.

Who's 'whoever', and what's his fade ball like?

Hail.

Watching Brees tonight makes me want to pull my hair out when I see people wanting whatever QB that falls to us that "fits our system".

And as I type this Brees just made a ridiculous play breaking away from a DT. Ridiculous how no one else seems to be jealous.

Thanks Califan. Good stuff and I agree.

One of the big tasks of this rebuilding is getting these guys used to winning. They need to learn to close. You can't throw in the towel on the season, draft your dream QB then suddenly flip the "win" switch and expect these guys to do it. This learning period is part of the maturation of the youngsters we now have. I'd love to see them continue winning or at least trying as hard as they can to win.

This is well said and well put.

Nothing proved the "how to win" more than taking a penalty for 12 men on the field when we were taking the field for the victory formation yesterday. ;)

Watching Brees tonight makes me want to pull my hair out when I see people wanting whatever QB that falls to us that "fits our system".

And as I type this Brees just made a ridiculous play breaking away from a DT. Ridiculous how no one else seems to be jealous.

Drew Brees is a special kind of player. He is almost assuredly a first ballot Hall of Famer. Each draft is lucky to have ONE of those kinds of players. If a quarterback in this draft is anything like Brees it is Luck, and we were out of the running for him after our first game when we won because the Colts are awful.

Of course I am jealous. I would have loved to have Brees when San Diego let him walk but I think he was going to New Orleans no matter what (for whatever reason, only New Orleans and Miami even showed interest, THANKS VINNY). There may be 4 surefire first ballot Hall of Famers in the league right now at quarterback (Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady) and it's obvious what a player like that can do for you, but it's damn near impossible to find one or the circumstances in which some of them just COME to you. Brees CHOSE the Saints, Manning was #1 overall, Brady didn't go until the 6th round and Rodgers was passed over by almost every team in the league in the first round after being considered a possible #1 overall.

Luck is going #1 overall and I don't think there is a chance in hell the Colts even consider trading the pick. The other guys don't even have to come out if they don't want to and it's likely at least one of them won't. Ultimately the Skins have to FIND their guy. We all hope it is next year but let's face it we never had a chance at Luck and he's the only surefire product of this class. I hope we win out and we'll see how the offseason plays out because our defense is excellent and our offense, when healthy, has some pieces to build on and is going to get some serious upgrades next year. I'm excited regardless and I honestly see us finishing the year strong as the best scenario for this team going forward. Here are a few offensive players to be excited about next year according to their play this year in my opinion (in no particular order):

1) Leonard Hankerson

2) Roy Helu

3) Fred Davis

4) Trent Williams

5) Will Montgomery

6) Jabar Gaffney

Hell we may even get a health Cooley back so if we are able to land a QB, upgrade our O-line and fill in smaller holes elsewhere we could be a fun team to watch, especially if Hightower comes back healthy.

Can't wait to bump this in April:ols:

If the Skins lose out on one of the top three QBs because they win meaningless games in November/December, you are going to end up with EGG all up on yo face!

No worries, though, the Jets will take care of business and put the Skins back into their normal place: in position for Barkley/Robert Griffin.

:D

Can't wait to bump this in April:ols:

Please do :yes:...Hell, I'll bump it myself. :cool:

If the Skins lose out on one of the top three QBs because they win meaningless games in November/December, you are going to end up with EGG all up on yo face!

Why? You mean if we draft a future HOF player in the first round I should be embarrassed? :ols:...Or do you mean if we don't draft the player YOU want us to draft I should feel embarrassed? lol...

No worries, though, the Jets will take care of business and put the Skins back into their normal place: in position for Barkley/Robert Griffin.

:D

I hope to bump this thread--and specifically your post--if the Skins end up winning lol ;)

Ironic considering Brees DID fall to us, but we passed lol ;)...

We took Rod Gardner instead.

Rod who??? :doh:

I think i have come to the point where even if we have a high pick we will somehow screw it up. So now im back on the Wagon of winning games. Hope we beat the Jets, Really hope we beat the Pats (or atleast hold them under 60 points) and def wanna take out the Giants eventho that would be helping the Cowgirls

You had me excited and agreeing with you until you said good scouting. We don't have very good scouts in my opinion otherwise we would have some better quality players here. I agree with everything else though. We need to develop a winning atmosphere instead of "let's try but if we don't win, oh well" attitude that we seen from these guys.

Archived