Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Win for Whoever" thread

Califan007 The Constipated

With all the "Suck for Luck", "Godawful for Griffin" and "Mail it in for Matt"-type threads, I can't be the only Skins fan who wants us to keep winning so that we can draft...well, whoever it is we're able to draft at whatever the hell spot we end up drafting :ols:...

So I say, let Helu ramble off five more 100-yd games...let Banks return a few kicks for TDs...let Kerrigan and Orakpo combine for 22+ sacks...let the Skins start ****ing up other team's playoff runs lol...and then let's go into the draft well-armed with picks and good scouting, and draft whoever is the best player and best fit for this team with whatever draft pick we end up having.

And if we don't end up winning, let's at least prove that we wanted to.

So I say, let Helu ramble off five more 100-yd games...let Banks return a few kicks for TDs...let Kerrigan and Orakpo combine for 22+ sacks...let the Skins start ****ing up other team's playoff runs lol...and then let's go into the draft well-armed with picks and good scouting, and draft whoever is the best player and best fit for this team with whatever draft pick we end up having.

Amen Brutha!

Hail to the mtha f***ing Redskins! IM PUMPED NOW. haha.

Hail yes....

We have to start building on something, given all the inserted young players and part of that must include winning games. I can't imaging being a rookie and getting comfortable with losing. You want old and young players who will defend their "manhood" as Doc Walker would say. We'll get our QB if they think there's a Franchise guy to get.

@Jsteelzout2dome

Jsteelz

@TheTLaz for them..im just saying, if they think a guy is a must have come draft, they will do what they gotta, still scouting

I concur. When I logged on and saw the other posts, I was like 'What the frack man?' People complain when we loose, now they complain when we win?

I understand that we need that franchise QB and there are several in this draft class that are really good, but c'mon man, this team needs these wins. It is more mental now than anything else. Look at London for example. That man deserves some love and more than a little support from the fans. He puts his heart into each and every play. If for no other reason, he deserves some victories with this team! I really do not think he is thinking about loosing for a high draft pick.

I for one believe in both the Shanahans and also in Bruce to put together a team that WILL be prominent soon. Faith and trust are in order here. This team is already hungry and very talented, and it will only get better next year.

HAIL!

We are NOT eliminated from the playoffs yet. If we win out, Dallas can't finish 9-7. Otherwise, we have the tiebreakers over NY and PHI. It is VERY likely that the winner of the division could finish 9-7. There's not reason to give up just yet... our defensive play can keep us in game. We just need to move the ball on offense like last week and limit the dumb turnovers.

Alright, now that's what I'm talking about, damnit!

Shanahan will find his QB. It doesn't have to be in the top five picks, as he's proven with Jay Cutler and even with him wanting to grab Romo sits to pee before the Cowboys did. Heck, I don't think Rex could play nearly as well with anyone else in any other system as he is right now.

I'm definitely not as nutty as so many are here about the situation. Yes, we need a more talented QB but it can never be at the expense of stinking it up. I like how the players are having fun out there and competing right now. It's awesome. That'll be better in the long-term for these young guys to see how to work and win than desperately searching for the one guy to turn everything around.

And I must say, yesterday had to be one of the more shameful displays of fanhood I've ever seen on here. People were complaining and mad about winning. How that could ever happen to a fanbase is beyond me. Those same morons were complaining every time someone on our team failed or made a mistake... so it's like they want them to do well and beat the other team but somehow not win?

Incredibly stupid and an unbelievable pathetic display of a conflict of interest.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 02:27 PM ----------

Good, I'm not the only one afterall lol :thumbsup:

You are most definitely not. It's just that those who think like us are way too smart to get into it with the vocal majority here on ES who think otherwise, so we just let them post a thousand times about it. ;)

Finally a voice of reason, I was begging to believe that maybe I was the only one out here wanted us to win. Who gives a **** were we draft and who we draft as long as the player is a fit for this system. I have and never wanted us to tank or suck for (insert name). I mean really how can you call yourself a fan of any team and wish they would lose. Yesterday was a good game and I hope our team can build of that victory. HTTR mother****ers

Thanks Califan. Good stuff and I agree.

One of the big tasks of this rebuilding is getting these guys used to winning. They need to learn to close. You can't throw in the towel on the season, draft your dream QB then suddenly flip the "win" switch and expect these guys to do it. This learning period is part of the maturation of the youngsters we now have. I'd love to see them continue winning or at least trying as hard as they can to win.

With all the "Suck for Luck", "Godawful for Griffin" and "Mail it in for Matt"-type threads, I can't be the only Skins fan who wants us to keep winning so that we can draft...well, whoever it is we're able to draft at whatever the hell spot we end up drafting :ols:...

Hail yeah. I want to see this team play the rest of the season with the heart that i have seen the past two games.

HTTR

\Who gives a **** were we draft and who we draft as long as the player is a fit for this system. I have and never wanted us to tank or suck for (insert name).

You know which QBs fit every scheme? Good ones.

You know which ones don't fit any scheme? Bad ones.

If a QB "fits our scheme" but can't play football, we're no better off. If a QB is good but might not fit some fantasized notion of "fitting our system", you tailor that system to his strengths.

That's all I'm going to say about that!

Good, I'm not the only one afterall lol :thumbsup:

Not at all, and thank you for the thread. It is ridiculous reading all the posts from "fans" about how pissed they are after a win. They probably never played team sports. I'm not sure if they expect for the coaches and players to actively conspire to lose in the hopes that they pick whoever they have a hard-on for in the draft.

Hell yes! It's about time someone made a thread like this. A+ for coming up with the idea. Winning sets an attitude and obviously it's one we need in a locker room that has great chemistry and is ready for it. Shanahan and Allen will find a way to get their guy next year no matter what. In the mean time we play another team with a coach that I freaking hate (Rex Ryan after Pete FRICKING Carroll) and I hope we **** on them.

We have a tough schedule, but not only are we going to Seattle, we're going to take New York, then New England, then back to New York, then Minnesota then we're gonna chop them mother ****ing Eagles in half like BYAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I. HATE. THE. COWBOYS. BYAHH!

Archived