Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No whining about the fact we won please!

Burgold

I don't think it matters where we draft because I see no evidence that this coaching staff can pick QBs and no evidence that this franchise can scout them.

Winning or losing this season stopped meaning anything at some point prior to this game. I'm finding it hard to care about the outcome as much as I am seeing Helu have some success. Plus Anthony Armstrong had a big play so hopefully Shanahan can let him out of the dog house. I'm happy about that.

I do wonder how many of us need a vacation from the Redskins (including myself) to recover something that has been broken in recent seasons. This new form of fandom that has taken place is born of desperation, but for something that is essentially supposed to be a cathartic release and give us escapist joy... the idea of hating wins seems to be a form of illness.

Mind you, I believe that many of the boo crowd love this team and are true fans, but it's such a weird place to fall mentally.

We weren't going to lose 12 in a row. At some point you win even if it's by sheer randomness unless your team is just complete trash like the Colts or the 08 Lions.

Most likely we'll finish 5-11. That's still plenty good enough to get a top pick. Other bad teams will win a game or two as well. In the end, we'll still be in position to get a franchise QB.

Agreed with everything said. You take the win and go home. No complaints today.

We should never cheer to loose for a draft pick. Makes me sick. Hopefully we win out for this season because it would be a positive step forward and would be something to build on for next season.

To me it wasn't who we beat today, but it was how we won today. That is what I'm looking for. Offense has looked good in the last 2 games. Shanny is starting to win me back! Go skins!

Whats worse? The whiners who whine, or the whiners who whine about the whiners whining? :silly:

If Godzilla knocks over a building which triggers a domino effect throughout Tokyo and your building is the last to collapse, do you place blame on the preceding collapsed buildings or do you blame Godzilla?

He who whines first whines worst.

Too many people on this site who are completely pesimistic about everything! I think some of the people on this site would complain about winning the lottery. Shanny and Allen worked magic in the draft last year and I am sure they will do what they need to do to make this team stronger this year as well. Patience is a virtue and moving around in the draft is not that difficult if need be without giving up all of our picks to do it. Lets say Carolina finishes with the 2nd or 3rd pick, it would be very easy to move up to get our future QB (Matt Barkley) if that is what the GMs want to do. So we should be happy about any win we get and pray Carolina loses the rest of their games.

woulda been nice if the win could have triggered the Cowboys from missing the postseason...that is all. I want the guys who try hard week in and out to win and that is our whole team and coaching staff so i'm not sour grapes but of course want the best pick we can get since our season is done but do not want the team to be disinfranchised from the coach and system that will surely be here next year....long enough run on sentence for you? LOL

The amazing thing is that the season isn't over yet. Technically we still have a chance (albeit slim) of making the playoffs. If the Redskins win out and go 9-7, and Atlanta and Detriot lose a couple more than they should and end 9-7 (especially if the loses are conference opponents) then the Redskins would win the tie breaker and make the 6th wild card slot. I know this may seem a bit far fetched, but it's not that crazy. I used the yahoo play off generator and came up with this scenario sceanrio and I didn't have to stretch to far to get there.

This does require the Redskins to run the table, which I don't expect (though would love to see) but heck anything is possible in football. To me this is like being down 3 td's to start the fourth quarter. It doesn't look hopeful and many fans start leaving for home. But in this game you never know what can happen. And based on past draft history, there will be at least one or two very good quarterbacks who will be drafted late in the first round or later in this draft, so stop worrying about that and let's focus on this season right now.

We won a meaningless game in a season where we have no hope of going to the playoffs!

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

We're moving away from the top of the draft so we won't be able to draft as great of a prospect to fix our utterly broken team, BUT WE WON!!!! :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

So the Redskins should have intentionally tanked the game?

you know...at the end of the day...it doesnt matter if you want to the team to lose out because they are professionals and they will be trying to win every game in the coming weeks. We are fans...we have NO say in what happens to this team. We are supposed to cheer when the team wins and cry when they lose. That is OUR job. No matter how much you want the team to intentionally tank...the **** IS NOT happening. Even if they suck, they are professionals and wins will happen because they do not give an eighth of a **** about draft position. It is pointless to actively root against your team IMO.

This team will play hard to close out the year and a win or two might eek out...and you know what?

There ain't **** you can do about it because that is what they are paid to do.

We desperately need a QB...Yes

But it won't come from wussing out and tanking games

sorry guys :)

Never thought I would say this, but... you are pretty smart for an 18 year old.... I agree with everything you said.... nice post.

I'm totally amped about the win. People who think this team is going to phone it in can just put that idea to bed right now. I like that this team still has fight. I like that this team isn't going to just lay down and die.

I believe this team is moving in the right direction and that they will continue to build the right way and improve no matter where we draft in the first round. It's in good hands.

Just got back from the game and our fans there represented well. No one was thinking of who we will draft. If you could see the amount of trash talking from pre game, the coin toss, and the game from Hawks players and fans, the last thing on your mind is what # pick we are getting.

Can't tell you how great "Hail to the Redskins" sounded from our small group of fans as the "12th Man" exited the building before the game ended.

Just got back from the game and our fans there represented well. No one was thinking of who we will draft. If you could see the amount of trash talking from pre game, the coin toss, and the game from Hawks players and fans, the last thing on your mind is what # pick we are getting.

Can't tell you how great "Hail to the Redskins" sounded from our small group of fans as the "12th Man" exited the building before the game ended.

Awesome post. Thank you. :notworthy:

Thanks to y'all for representing.

Archived