Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay thread: Cook the Birds this T-day weekend

SWFLSkins

1 out of 10? So Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlesburger, Matt Stafford Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman and Cam Newton are the 1 out of 10, and arent true franchise players? . (not to mention players like Dalton, Ponder, Locker and Gabbert who are developing) These guys were all drafted in the first round after 2003. I would take ANY one of them over our current situation right now. I wouldnt say that you have MORE of a chance of missing. This years QB draft class is one of the best since 83. We should be able to hit on one of the top 3. We arent going to the playoffs, so what does "win now" do?

Well, at least 9 of those QB's that you mentioned haven't proven that they are true "franchise" QB's. They are better than the average backup, but let's see them help their teams get to and win the playoffs and the Super Bowl before we give them a gold blazer and a bust in the HOF. I would love to see a statistical comparison between top-5 draft pick QBs who are true "franchise QB's" and being struck by lightning. Twice. Let's all also remember how Mike Vick came into the league and the hype about HIM!

Fred Davis is being interviewed on CSN right now and he has this enormous growth on his left ear lobe. Wow, it's hard not to stare at him.

I mentioned this last week and several responded that it appeared to be a keloid growth which is common in botched/infected ear piercings. I wouldn't know as I am not pierced or tatted. You can Google ear keloid and see some pretty similar, nasty looking growths. His was about the size of a golf ball. Grotesque!

Well, at least 9 of those QB's that you mentioned haven't proven that they are true "franchise" QB's. They are better than the average backup, but let's see them help their teams get to and win the playoffs and the Super Bowl before we give them a gold blazer and a bust in the HOF. I would love to see a statistical comparison between top-5 draft pick QBs who are true "franchise QB's" and being struck by lightning. Twice. Let's all also remember how Mike Vick came into the league and the hype about HIM!

So only 2 out of the 11 I mentioned are "true franchise QB's"? Come on. 3 of them have Super Bowl rings, and 7 of them have been to the playoffs. The others are young and developing and are getting/will get their chance. Guys you build a team around. I never said that they had to be HOFers... And Mike Vick is better than any QB weve had in decades.

So only 2 out of the 11 I mentioned are "true franchise QB's"? Come on. 3 of them have Super Bowl rings, and 7 of them have been to the playoffs. The others are young and developing and are getting/will get their chance. Guys you build a team around. I never said that they had to be HOFers... And Mike Vick is better than any QB weve had in decades.

15 were named. Only 6 of them should even be mentioned as "franchise," and even then, only 3 of them would I use a top 5 pick on!

15 were named. Only 6 of them should even be mentioned as "franchise," and even then, only 3 of them would I use a top 5 pick on!

I meant the ones that werent in parenthesis ie the developing ones. And you cant really say "ever" until their careers are more developed or over. You could draft a bust in the top 5 at ANY position. Why not take a shot at the most important position on the field in what is considered to be one of the best QB draft classes ever? Or, use the ammo to move back and grab one you think you can develop while at the same time gaining more picks. Wins now dont help much, although I dont mind seeing them

this has probably already been asked but....

can someone explain to me why we didn't decline the ineligible receiver down field penalty at the end? Is it not a declinable penalty? Was Shanny too busy arguing the intentional grounding no-call to remember to decline it?

Why on Earth would you rather give the Seahawks a 3rd and 7 instead of a 4th and 2 with 2 minutes left and 1 time out? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You'd rather give a team 2 chances to get 7 yards instead of 1 chance to get 2 yards? Am I just completely missing something here? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess Raven fans said the same thing, huh? Besides, you act like we're one of the league's elite. We're practically on par (record-wise) with the 'Hawks.

Nope, I have no clue what Raven Fans say! Furthermore I realise we are FAR From Elite! Sometimes i think we're borderline GARBAGE! watching now how teams like the Steelers rebound so quickly to re-establish a solid receiver core. Or how a team like Gree Bay can go from Favre to Rodgers while we go from crap to crap, and no thats not the only example a fair case could be made Montana to Young, Maddox while doing good and shortly after Roethlisberger. Well if I didn't score any point with a player to player comparison then how Top Elite teams can maintain at the top of the food chain for 7-10 years while weve been at best ok/good since 91...

So only 2 out of the 11 I mentioned are "true franchise QB's"? Come on. 3 of them have Super Bowl rings, and 7 of them have been to the playoffs.

WE went to the playoffs the year Scott Brunell was quarterback. No one around here talked about him as "franchise." And yes. Only three (not sure where you got "two") of the initial list you mentioned would I waste a top 5 on. And yet, so many ES'ers think that we are automatically a lock for the Super Bowl if only we had a top 5 QB draft pick.

Like I said previously .. I'd love to know the statistics on a guaranteed "franchise" QB with a top 5 pick (in ANY year) versus being struck by lightning (twice). There is NO guarantee that Luck, this year's flavor of the month, or "RG III," or ANY of these guys that people around here want to "Suck For .." is going to be a success in the NFL!

The others are young and developing and are getting/will get their chance. Guys you build a team around. I never said that they had to be HOFers...

Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Dalton? Gabbert has proven nothing other than being barely average. The rest are as questionable. They all need to prove they were worth the spot they were picked on!

And Mike Vick is better than any QB we've had in decades.

Rex Grossman took a team to the Super Bowl. Last I checked, the supremely fragile, poor decision-prone Vick hasn't made it past the second round of the playoffs. And yet, many of you would have traded up/sold your soul to Satan/given a decade of picks a la Vinny to get him.

And while you're throwing around "decades," we had one of THE most dominant NFL teams in history in 1991. So, let's be careful when disparaging "decades" of Redskins football!

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

I meant the ones that werent in parenthesis ie the developing ones. And you cant really say "ever" until their careers are more developed or over. You could draft a bust in the top 5 at ANY position. Why not take a shot at the most important position on the field in what is considered to be one of the best QB draft classes ever? Or, use the ammo to move back and grab one you think you can develop while at the same time gaining more picks. Wins now dont help much, although I dont mind seeing them

I NEVER stated that I wouldn't use a top 5 on a QB. IF we have a top 5 pick, then I have NO problem drafting Luck, or any other QB. But, if there is another BPA at the spot we draft on, I take the BPA! Not just because he's a quarterback.

My problem with a lot of posters on ES is that they loved to criticize Snyderrato (I criticized them too) and yet they are the same ones who think that we need to sell out the next five years of picks, a la Snyderrato, to get a top-5 QB! Completely hypocritical! I also have a BIG problem with all of the ES'ers who want to lose the rest of the season just so we get a higher pick.

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 09:13 PM ----------

Exactly how is it that him playing ok in a game against a team as ****ty as seattle counts as redemption? Come back with this when he actually shows up in an important game against a good team.

Oh an DeAngelo agrees with all the people that think he's a **** corner.

And how did you feel when he intercepted four balls in one games last year? I'm sure you were saying the same thing? I'm glad Shanahan doesn't fire players every week using the "logic" that is rampant on Extremeskins!

I swear .. some Skins fans just cannot abide ANY positivity about their team! Just blow it up EVERY week, right?

Good night, Redskins

And a good night to you, sweet dreams.

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 09:52 PM ----------

over....no way we overcome 10pts

Way.

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Sweet. For a while I was getting scared that we were going to win

ziudxi. zzzzzzzzSmf yah. Thats what rooting for losing looks like in jibberish.

:ciao: Way to keep thinking positive for the future!

I'm sure that a #3 draft pick is much more valuable to help the team build for the future than the #10-15 pick but don't let that slow you down bro. 4-12 here we come!!! It's immensely more exciting than 3-13 and we will win a lot more games next year because we beat a horrible Seahawks team in November this year.

Archived