Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Skins honour #21 tonight?

UKskins

I know we're away from Fedex tonight and not many on the roster will have played with Sean Taylor, but as it is directly on his anniversary - will the Skins be doing anything to commemorate him today?

Over here in England we'd probably have our "soccer" team wear black armbands or something in his memory but not too sure how it works over the other side of the pond?

I know we're away from Fedex tonight and not many on the roster will have played with Sean Taylor, but as it is directly on his anniversary - will the Skins be doing anything to commemorate him today?

I remember when we played the Giants at home on the first anniversary. Larry Michael interviewed Sean's dad and asked him what Sean was doing right now expecting him to say, "watching the game." Pedro said he would be out on a boat fishing. Then Larry said something to the affect of "watch how your teammates honor you today with their play on the field."

We got crushed.

If the skins want to honor Sean Taylor, beat the Seahawks today...

Or lose and become a SB threat in the future. ;)

Nice thought OP, being as this is the first time we've played on the actual date. It would of been a real nice touch for the 'Skins to have some acknowledgement on their uniforms today in remembrance; but I doubt they do. :(

Again, nice thought. God rest Meast.

Hail.

Cheers for the replies guys, I was just wondering because it's fairly commonplace for stuff like this to happen in the UK, but couldn't remember seeing it in the NFL.

I've shed a few tears today looking back through the highlight reels etc - I know we don't retire numbers but I personally don't want to see any other future Skin pulling on the #21 in the foreseeable future. Time is a healer, but certainly for the next few years... I thought it was a nice touch that OJ refused to take the jersey when he signed for us, even though that was his number for the Rams.

I've been vocal in wanting us to lose out the season so we have a shot at a franchise QB in the draft, I know that alot on here don't agree with me on that, but I will be 100% wanting the win tonight... there's no way anything but a win would be fitting to the memory of such a tragic loss.

Archived