Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets Go Ahead and Crown UNC - 2011-2012 National Champions

Riggins77

What's REALLY annoying is people that have lived in other states all their lives (let's say VA and MD, for instance), yet are either Duke or UNC fans. Makes no sense whatsoever. That's the definition of a bandwagoner to me.

The way to tell if a Duke fan is a bandwagoner is to ask them about the football team. Fans of college sports root for the school, not just one team from the school.

Edit: Also, it is RIDICULOUS to say that Duke does more with less. They've only been outside of the top 10 in recruiting classes once since 2005, and that was the year they got Kyrie Irving. Coach K's recruiting is as good or better than any other school in the country except Kentucky.

The way to tell if a Duke fan is a bandwagoner is to ask them about the football team. Fans of college sports root for the school, not just one team from the school.

EXACTLY!!! The only hat I own is a UNC Football hat, owned from the Bunting days. Is it rough to be a football fan? Absolutely! But I pull just as hard for the football and baseball (thankfully, they can actually play) teams.

As far as "jealousy" - the best way I can put it in perspective is that we're just as jealous of Duke as Redskins fans are of Philthy/Dallas/NY =p I'd rather be a UNC fan and win no championships for a decade than a Duke fan in the best of years. :D

Archived