Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I have learned this year as we Rebuild

atloldskin

The Redskins obviously need a QB and help on the OL. This can come with the draft and free agency as we rebuild over the next two years. This team is getting younger without a number of big contract players. This is good.

Josh Wilson can play.

Jenkins, when he returns from injury, will be a beast.

Coefield and Bowen were good signings.

Orakpo and Kerrigan are foundation players.

Perry Riley can play.

Rocca can punt!

Rabach was a problem that Will Montgomery has fixed!

Hankerson has a chance to become a player.

Rex can serve as a decent backup.

Hightower was a good signing and Helu can play.

Young can play the FB position and Fred Davis can get better.

Fletcher just keeps going and going!!

Beef up the OL and get a franchise QB and we are almost there! Can anyone say Peyton?

1) Josh Wilson can play what? He was getting burnt the entire year except for his last game.

2) Yes.

3) Yes-ish.

4) Kerrigan, yes. Orakpo I'm souring on a bit.

5) Absolutely.

6) Rocca is our MVP and really might be, save for Fletcher and Kerrigan, our only Pro Bowl player.

7) Will Montgomery is better, but I'd like to see more.

8) Hankerson looks to be what we hoped for.

9) Rex should be a third-stringer if we don't keep KR/PR as a wasted roster spot.

10) Yeah, I guess. Need a real line to find out.

12) Yes and yes.

13) The Energizer Bunny wishes he were London Fletcher.

14) Why get Peyton when you can have Griffin?

No Thanks on Payton. A few other items to add.

We still need a CB. Barnes get beat off the line too much in the slot. I think he tries to be too much like D Hall.

Gaffney was also a good trade.

We still need a RB that can pound out two or three yards at the goal line and on 3rd down like Gerald Riggs and Riggins would do.

Don't wanna derail the thread, but the margin is getting smaller and smaller between those two.

Oh, RGIII is in clear second place for this O, no question the year he's having. But Luck's still out on his own. And the OP ironically mentioned the key to it all ..... one Peyton Manning Esq. If he's passed 100% fit to continue his career, the bidding war will start. (And might now not be as costly as it appeared with the way the likes of Griffin have kicked on.).

But back to the thread at hand .....

Hail.

Can anyone say "I was totally buying what this guy was selling until he made the unbelievably stupid suggestion that we should get Peyton?"

I was on the roller coaster and there were several bumps but when Peyton was suggested, I fell off plunging to my doom. I assume this is a joke though.

haha........ okay joke over, close thread/

1) Josh Wilson can play what? He was getting burnt the entire year except for his last game.

2) Yes.

3) Yes-ish.

4) Kerrigan, yes. Orakpo I'm souring on a bit.

5) Absolutely.

6) Rocca is our MVP and really might be, save for Fletcher and Kerrigan, our only Pro Bowl player.

7) Will Montgomery is better, but I'd like to see more.

8) Hankerson looks to be what we hoped for.

9) Rex should be a third-stringer if we don't keep KR/PR as a wasted roster spot.

10) Yeah, I guess. Need a real line to find out.

12) Yes and yes.

13) The Energizer Bunny wishes he were London Fletcher.

14) Why get Peyton when you can have Griffin?

I quoted this in it's entirety because it is worth repeating. I would like to add though that I love Nebraska. Niles Paul still has a chance to be the future kick returner and wideout with Hank, also that Chris Neild has looked real good for a late round rook.

Ive learned that its not easy for any team to win four or six games in a row. Unless your Green bay.

But until now It was my opinion that it just have to be so difficult to lose six damn games in a row. In 2011. But our Skins corrected me. Losing like this is obscene.

I quoted this in it's entirety because it is worth repeating. I would like to add though that I love Nebraska. Niles Paul still has a chance to be the future kick returner and wideout with Hank, also that Chris Neild has looked real good for a late round rook.

All of our Nebraska pickups have been good. I'm very excited for Hankerson, Bowe, Moss, and Paul on the field at the same time.

Josh Wilson hasn't been burned that I've seen unless you want to define burned as "has given up a few catches, some of which were for big gains" instead of the more typical "got lost in coverage and/or got beat flat out going down the field, being left to eat the receiver's dust in either case". Wilson has almost always been where he's needed to be, he just hasn't finished plays as well as he could have. He's dropped a few interception opportunities and he's failed to knock the ball loose when he's gotten a hand on it as the receiver is coming down with it but his coverage has still been good (at least on par with what Rogers did in '09 and '10). He's also on pace for about 64 tackles and 13 passes defended on the year, which is not too shabby at all if he can also find a way to sneak in a turnover or two.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Eagles go after him. Why, I dunno, but I don't expect to see Vick there next year, and I see them wanting to take the training thing with Peyton and some young qb.

NO, Vick better not come here, unless he's selling peanuts in the stands; he's a liability, and 1 good hit from being sidelined for an entire year, with those tender baby-back baby-back baby-back ribs of his...

I've also learned how to make some tasty porcupine balls; no, i'm not from the sticks, it is ACTUALLY a recipe from a cookbook...:drooley:

Josh Wilson hasn't been burned that I've seen unless you want to define burned as "has given up a few catches, some of which were for big gains" instead of the more typical "got lost in coverage and/or got beat flat out going down the field, being left to eat the receiver's dust in either case". Wilson has almost always been where he's needed to be, he just hasn't finished plays as well as he could have. He's dropped a few interception opportunities and he's failed to knock the ball loose when he's gotten a hand on it as the receiver is coming down with it but his coverage has still been good (at least on par with what Rogers did in '09 and '10). He's also on pace for about 64 tackles and 13 passes defended on the year, which is not too shabby at all if he can also find a way to sneak in a turnover or two.

Yeah, you can see him getting more comfortable with the defense as the season progresses. Pretty sure he can be a starter for us for a number of years. In fact, I'd argue he's our best guy cb by a long shot.

Can anyone tell me why everyone is so high on Niles Paul?

I mean, obviously WRs don't always make first year impacts (Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Terrell Owens), but I haven't even seen a flash of what makes everyone so confident that he'll be a dangerous receiver?

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 03:43 PM ----------

Latest word (sadly) from the insiders is we feel Bowes gona' be franchised.

Hail.

What about Vincent Jackson and Marques Colston?

Also, how good is Vincent Jackson? He's great for getting a jump ball and stuff, but from the few games I've seen, he just seems so undisciplined... But again I've only seen very few Chargers games.

It may not be bad to sit whichever QB we draft and let him work with Grossman for a season to develop the playbook with him,then draft a corner to take DeAngelo big mouths spot. Wilson is all the cover man Carlos was but lacks the takeaway skillset.

We'll still be developing Hankerson,Davis but maybe need a big pickup in the offseason to fill Santanas' spot and a slot receiver as well(not to sure about Armstrong lately).

Paulsen blocks better than Cooley ever did (yeah I said it he is overrated big time!! ) and with a little polish he could play .

O-line needs some major help , Trent is always gimping and ****ing and even with solid play from the other players they just dont get the running lanes open like they should.

Helu and Torain haven't had help form the line to really make an assessment yet....

Landry needs replaced if he cant stay healthy, and he hasn't thus far.....hate to cut a possible pro bowler and get stung....again....

Otogwe is decent in free safety but could use more of a knock out player ala Sean Taylor style ( I know....dreaming again),

Riley is the spark we need in the linebacker set ,Londons not gonna play forever....

We are at least 1 year away from being solid in any respectable manner but are showing good development with the youth movement Bruce Allen is drawing.

That is my assessment for 2012 , take it for what its worth , but I stand by what I have seen to be true thus far....

No, he gets lost quite a bit, and often when he's on the defender, they're still making the catch. I'd take Rogers over Wilson.

However, his trajectory is up, so hopefully he can make me eat crow.

Archived