Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When do you decorate for X-mas?

renaissance

Just curious when other people start. Growing up I always hated that my parents waited until a couple weeks after Thanksgiving to put the tree, etc. up. On the other hand, I was seeing people's houses decorated as early as last week this year, and that seems a bit early to me. So, when you do you decorate?

Growing up, we always decorated the day after Thanksgiving, but mom would wake us all on Thanksgiving day with Christmas music blaring. The Christmas season has always started with Thanksgiving for me, and that's continued. I'm going to my ex's house tomorrow to help her and the kids put up their tree. So I agree with you 100%.

I put up the tree after Halloween.

Mom really likes it, and she has no sense of the calendar.

Last time I set up he tree, it stayed up for a year and a half, because every week or two shed comment on how pretty it looked.

Only reason I took it down, was so that it would ge gone for six months, and then it would ge new again.

I usually make my wife wait until after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) to decorate. Because I was deployed this year, she decorated last week. :ols:

Are you home now buddy? If not, I hope you will be for Christmas. Thanks very much for all you do.

I put up the tree after Halloween.

Mom really likes it, and she has no sense of the calendar.

Last time I set up he tree, it stayed up for a year and a half, because every week or two shed comment on how pretty it looked.

Only reason I took it down, was so that it would ge gone for six months, and then it would ge new again.

For all our disagreements around here, I really respect what you do for your mom. It's an incredibly difficult job, and she's fortunate to have you doing it.

It's been a family tradition to start decorating on the weekend after Thanksgiving since l can remember. So that's pretty much what I do. Will taking stuff out of my storage and putting it up this weekend,(gotta clean first though).

Just curious when other people start. Growing up I always hated that my parents waited until a couple weeks after Thanksgiving to put the tree, etc. up. On the other hand, I was seeing people's houses decorated as early as last week this year, and that seems a bit early to me. So, when you do you decorate?
I thought about this the other day when I saw a lot of people in my neighborhood had already put their things out.

I think the main reason people have starting putting their stuff out earlier is simply because of how all the stores keep putting out the stuff earlier and earlier every year. It's almost like it's become accepted (or normal) for people to start decorating up to a week before Thanksgiving.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it, or even think it's strange. I mean, I've always thought it was a waste to see people putting up ice cicles and all that stuff up in December. At most, they were only going to get a month out of the stuff, before having to get right back out there and take it down.

Then, of course, there's the rednecks that put up the ice cicles and NEVER take them down.:doh:

Leesburg Courthouse will have the following 'holiday displays' this year ...

http://www.leesburg2day.com/news/article_a0ebc97a-1212-11e1-9118-001cc4c002e0.html

• A crèche, or nativity scene, from Leesburg resident Dennis Welsh.

• A sign showing a picture of the Easter Bunny, Santa and Jesus Christ with text that states, "Myths for Young and Old," a quote from Thomas Edison and information about the Loudoun Atheists, submitted by Leesburg resident Emmert Elsea.

• A banner with the text "Celebrating our Constitution" and language about keeping church and state separate, submitted by Leesburg resident Rick Wingrove. The banner comes from American Atheists and NOVA Atheists.

• A banner promoting "reason in the holiday season," submitted by Lansdowne resident Larry Mendoza.

• A holiday display that will either be a Tree of Knowledge or a holiday message sign, from Sterling resident Lydia Rice.

• A sign displaying a letter from Jesus, submitted by Middleburg resident Jenelle Embrey.

• A piece of art work depicting Santa on a cross to "depict society's materialistic obsessions and addictions and how it is killing the peace, love, joy and kindness that is supposed to be prevalent during the holiday season," submitted by Middleburg resident Jeff Heflin Jr.

• A sign about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, submitted by Leesburg resident Ken Levesque.

• Another sign from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, this one with a holiday message, submitted by Matthew Courtney of Reston.

• A nativity scene, submitted by the Rev. Jack Grubbs from the Potomac Falls Anglican Church.

What a fiasco.

Start out the season helping my dad along with his train club set up the trains at the National Christmas tree on the Elipse. Been doing it every year the Friday after T-Day for 12 years or so.

Set up and start decorating the house around the 10th of Dec.

Archived