Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The best Rage Comic of all time. (You don't need to know what Rage Comics are to get this.)

Hubbs

EDIT: Apparently this needs an extra disclaimer, namely one stating that this isn't the "best" because it's funny. This has nothing to do with humor. It's a great story.

So, I have to kill a couple hours tonight, and I decided to check out something called Rage Comics after seeing several people on the board recommend them. I browsed through a few dozen on what appears to be the main site, and they're good for a chuckle once you figure out what the faces mean. And then, I stumbled upon this. I'm not the one who's actually declaring it to be the best RC of all time. It generated hundreds and hundreds of comments on that main site, and practically all of them said just that.

I wanted to share it because it's absolutely astonishing how such a compelling life story can be conveyed using the relatively obscure medium of a specific set of Internet-based cartoonish faces and their standard vertical strip format, especially when you consider the fact that an 86-year-old put it together. If your parents or grandparents fought in WWII, there's a decent chance that you'll know exactly what this guy means with his comments. My grandpa wouldn't talk about it, either. I'm sure some people won't understand why I'm saying this, but this is honestly one of the more remarkable things I've ever seen online.

Anyway, on with the show:

life-story.jpg

Thank you, Hubbs. I had typed out much more in response but hit one of those occasional magic keyboard combo's and it all went away.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2011 at 08:53 PM ----------

:doh:

Yeah, I know. :)

But we still love him.

Sorry guys, I think those things are kinda creepy more than funny.
I bet you don't think Beavis and Butthead are funny either.

Those comic things are funny, but I like those Y U SO UNAWARE comic things better. Or the things like Larry posted the other night about Twilight; where he posted the feminine -looking guy dancing, and underneath it said something like "Still not as gay as Twilight".:ols:

I basically said I didn't read it a few posts back.

Everytime I see those silly cartoon things or whatever, they are normally really corny.

Right, which is why I tried to go out of my way to say that this has absolutely nothing to do with jokes or corniness.

But, hell, it's probably corny.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

I bet you don't think Beavis and Butthead are funny either.

Those comic things are funny, but I like those Y U SO UNAWARE comic things better. Or the things like Larry posted the other night about Twilight; where he posted the feminine -looking guy dancing, and underneath it said something like "Still not as gay as Twilight".:ols:

This isn't about funny.

Beavis and Butthead are okay. But although I have seen it, I never tuned into watch it, it was just something that was on.

I think the pancake bunny and kitten things are pretty stupid too.

I love comedy, just not that type of stuff.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 12:12 AM ----------

Right, which is why I tried to go out of my way to say that this has absolutely nothing to do with jokes or corniness.

But, hell, it's probably corny.

The title has the word "comic" in it and states you don't need to know what they are to get it. I guess if rage comics are those pitiful drawings than I simply have no interest in them. I expected something funny, not knowing and I saw those weird drawings. No thanks.

The title has the word "comic" in it and states you don't need to know what they are to get it. I guess if rage comics are those pitiful drawings than I simply have no interest in them. I expected something funny, not knowing and I saw those weird drawings. No thanks.

I'm a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. And as a huge fan, I'll be the first to tell you that the absolute best C&H strips aren't funny. They're poignant, to a degree that no cartoon should be. But they are. Because they're just that good.

Try ignoring the drawings. See what happens.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 12:12 AM ----------

[/color]

It's just a story. Do you look at a book, say "Aww no pictures!" and decide not to read it?

130927615839.gif?1318992465

Fixed it for ya.

I love this comic. When I saw it a few weeks ago it blew me away. I was impressed.

I'm a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. And as a huge fan, I'll be the first to tell you that the absolute best C&H strips aren't funny. They're poignant, to a degree that no cartoon should be. But they are. Because they're just that good.

Try ignoring the drawings. See what happens.

Calvin and Hobbes was an awesome comic, but it went to a whole new level when they went deep and philosophical (interesting that, since it's named after 2 big philosophers), but the final comic almost made me cry. It was amazing.

Calvin and Hobbes was an awesome comic, but it went to a whole new level when they went deep and philosophical (interesting that, since it's named after 2 big philosophers), but the final comic almost made me cry. It was amazing.

Absolutely. I was able to find the complete C&H collection. It's outstanding. Every time I look at the last one, I tear up.

Archived